Failed the Playerbase

Jaising.7253

I've unistalled this game hopefully for the last time.  This company won't allow you to resport player names and guilds that actively cheat every day and night.  There are websites that promote all of the cheating trainer hacks that players abuse in the WvW to win at any cost.  This company deletes every post I call out about cheating claiming its not construtive. 

No this company has chosen to turn a blind eye to the cheating and invest  0 dollars into this game mode/ its dead.

Where are the bans and updates on the hacking into keeps/towers every day/ even from my own team which I report as well?

Where is the counter to the  new improved Tyria hack that allows players to port at will/see invis players/ run at top speed and much much more?????

Where is the accountability for cheating>?

When 2 players can  kill 8 in secs and use CC knockdowns with no  cooldowns to accomplish this, its time to move on to other pvp games that DO NOT ALLOW cheating.

This game is on fumes and wvw is a complete joke to any real gamer.

Time to reveal the true nature of the sad and pathetic state of gw2 and its ridiculous haven for cheaters.

This company ruined a once honerable game mode and you lost a valuable customer.

You had years and years to stop the cheating, your company and its policies are flawed and outdated like your game.

Edited by Jaising.7253
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

• Jaising.7253 changed the title to Failed the Playerbase

I made a whole video with timestamps when the cheat was used for the support.
The cheater is still playing.

Anyway i got burnout about too much cheaters in the game. Took a break of the game and i came back it's fine.

But the saddest part is Anet doesn't care about hackers or cheaters.

And you shouldn't talk about it you will end up banned by anet, and the cheaters/hackers can still roam in the game freely.

It's better to ban honest players than cheaters and hackers 😃

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Are you playing on NA or EU? Which tier?

There are cheaters, and some guilds are known for exploiting themselves into towers. But it isn't widespread. I've been from tier 5 to tier 1 on EU within the last half year or so and I think I've encountered a single actual hacker. Most of the times when someone claims another player is hacking they just don't know the trait / skill / rune etc. that is being used. Or it's just a bad connection causing temporary rubberbanding / desync.

2 hours ago, Jaising.7253 said:

When 2 players can  kill 8 in secs and use CC knockdowns with no  cooldowns to accomplish this, its time to move on to other pvp games that DO NOT ALLOW cheating.

Without seeing a video I can't be sure of course, but this sounds like one of those situations.

I get the frustration about known hackers / exploiters not getting banned, but honestly, as far as online multiplayer goes, GW2 doesn't have a lot of cheaters in WvW.

Edited by Silinsar.6298
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

There are cheaters, and some guilds are known for exploiting themselves into towers. But it isn't widespread. I've been from tier 5 to tier 1 on EU within the last half year or so and I think I've encountered a single actual hacker. Most of the times when someone claims another player is hacking they just don't know the trait / skill / rune etc. that is being used. Or it's just a bad connection causing temporary rubberbanding / desync.

Without seeing a video I can't be sure of course, but this sounds like one of those situations.

I get the frustration about known hackers / exploiters not getting banned, but honestly, as far as online multiplayer goes, GW2 doesn't have a lot of cheaters in WvW.

WvW game mode has been abandoned for years and is the most Toxic game mode than PvP game mode. 

Have you seen the amount of "PvP Only" Balance PvP received compare to little to none Balance WvW received?

Do you know the count of threads and posts of WvW game mode being flooded with exploits and cheats compare to PvP?

Before I just posted here, i walked into WvW with Toxic Aoes spreading everywhere. The whole ground is covered with Toxicity with players instant dying while my squad witnessing, certain enemy Professions teleporting and stealthing under the ground, through the wall and gate.

As long exploiters, abusers are aware that there are no consequences to their actions, they will continue and spread the news to new and potential exploiters and abusers that they can do anything in Guild Wars 2  

(Anet never cared about WvW game mode. Balance don't exist nor does our concerns and exploiters and cheaters know it and takes advantage of us)

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I remember sitting in the waiting area for Jade Quarry in Guild Wars and seeing the bots follow the same paths after respawning. I'd write their ID's down and after I logged out I'd send the list to support. I never saw those names again. The worst I saw was when 7 of the 8 opponents were bots. Eventually the humans caught on and moved to one side.

We'd even see Dhuum remove an account. Proof that cheating wasn't tolerated.

I don't know why reporting bots and removing bots is so difficult in GW2 compared to GW1.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:26 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

WvW game mode has been abandoned for years and is the most Toxic game mode than PvP game mode. 

I've had far more positive interactions with enemies and allies in WvW than in sPvP.

Have you seen the amount of "PvP Only" Balance PvP received compare to little to none Balance WvW received?

Off topic. I'm not a fan of the direction group play took in WvW either, but I still have fun roaming.

Do you know the count of threads and posts of WvW game mode being flooded with exploits and cheats compare to PvP?

I'm usually not wasting my time counting forum threads. In my experience the majority of what people call out as hacks aren't actually hacks. And there are exploits, but they aren't abused so much that it lessons my enjoyment of the game.

Before I just posted here, i walked into WvW with Toxic Aoes spreading everywhere. The whole ground is covered with Toxicity with players instant dying while my squad witnessing, certain enemy Professions teleporting and stealthing under the ground, through the wall and gate.

That's why I asked OP "where" they are playing, I think I've seen about one hacker per 500-1000 hours of playing WvW. I don't deny they exist, but those encounters are so rare for me that I doubt that people claiming to constantly encounter hacks are actually witnessing hacks.

As long exploiters, abusers are aware that there are no consequences to their actions, they will continue and spread the news to new and potential exploiters and abusers that they can do anything in Guild Wars 2  

Why cheat in WvW though? There are little rewards and if you wanna troll you can do it without cheats.

Edited by Silinsar.6298
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

I play in eu, I see a lot of cheating mainly teleport hack but other types too. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

What drives trolls is probably a different discussion.

But I could imagine some trolls taking even greater satisfaction in using cheats to troll players, knowing that other players can not do anything about it, and that Anet won't do anything about it either.

Where as a player trolling another 'honestly' could still have the risk of being killed by a skilled player.

On 3/26/2023 at 12:29 AM, Swamurabi.7890 said:

I remember sitting in the waiting area for Jade Quarry in Guild Wars and seeing the bots follow the same paths after respawning. I'd write their ID's down and after I logged out I'd send the list to support. I never saw those names again. The worst I saw was when 7 of the 8 opponents were bots. Eventually the humans caught on and moved to one side.

We'd even see Dhuum remove an account. Proof that cheating wasn't tolerated.

I don't know why reporting bots and removing bots is so difficult in GW2 compared to GW1.

"If you forget your roots, you've lost sight of everything"

• Confused 1

Pro tip would be to play mainly PvE. (That is what that game designers focus most on. The strongest part of the game.) There is also PvP ... and (the worst game mode) WvW. Much more fun to take it casual in WvW. When you join there only every now and then - it is fun. You can still get loot and stuff. And ignore if someone seems to cheat. Even if they don't cheat ... when you log out someone might cheat and you don't see it. Or people just normally cap everything while your server is asleep. There is no real incentive to fight for the win. Just for the loot and achievements. And maybe for some fun fight sometimes. (But then it does not matter if you win or lose. Just for the fun.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Pro tip would be to play mainly PvE. (That is what that game designers focus most on. The strongest part of the game.) There is also PvP ... and (the worst game mode) WvW. Much more fun to take it casual in WvW. When you join there only every now and then - it is fun. You can still get loot and stuff. And ignore if someone seems to cheat. Even if they don't cheat ... when you log out someone might cheat and you don't see it. Or people just normally cap everything while your server is asleep. There is no real incentive to fight for the win. Just for the loot and achievements. And maybe for some fun fight sometimes. (But then it does not matter if you win or lose. Just for the fun.)

This is in a nutshell a good description of what WWW is today. If we want to make it a little more engaging for everyone, it's up to Anet to decide. Here on the forum we have given many good tips to do it . Small change after small change. Anet seems to want a big change. In any case, if you want the modal to offer something more you have to put a little love and development work.

Peace and love anytime, anywhere.✌️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

This is in a nutshell a good description of what WWW is today. If we want to make it a little more engaging for everyone, it's up to Anet to decide. Here on the forum we have given many good tips to do it . Small change after small change. Anet seems to want a big change. In any case, if you want the modal to offer something more you have to put a little love and development work.

Peace and love anytime, anywhere.✌️

haha for a second I thought you wrote WWW instead of WvW.

Edit: oh wait, you did write WWW.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

I don't ever spot these cheaters myself, I just hear about them. So I am not sure if you guys are actually bad and they just have a portal dude hide in every tower or you think every teleport is a cheat because you main warrior or something.

Me too.  I'm either blind or I understand they are not cheating, but utilizing a legal move.  I *have* seen players using hacks (as opposed to exploits), but it's more rare than the forums here would have one believe.

Edited by Chaba.5410

I'm sure everyone is very happy for those who never have to deal with exploiters, gj you!

However, it's hard facts that there are terrain exploits into many structures on alpine, desert and EB maps. Said exploits have been recorded and reported numerous times.  Sadly Anet seem to have the same viewpoint as you guys.... "I didn't see it! It didnt happen!" (while refusing to view the videos, amusingly).

<insert head in sand gif here>

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Luranni.9470 said:

I'm sure everyone is very happy for those who never have to deal with exploiters, gj you!

However, it's hard facts that there are terrain exploits into many structures on alpine, desert and EB maps. Said exploits have been recorded and reported numerous times.  Sadly Anet seem to have the same viewpoint as you guys.... "I didn't see it! It didnt happen!" (while refusing to view the videos, amusingly).

<insert head in sand gif here>

Who said we haven't seen it happen?  Some of us just choose not to blow it out of proportion; making a distinction between an actual hack/cheat, which players should be banned for, and exploits, which players should not be banned for.  Anet should fix exploits instead.  Exploits are "legal moves" in that the game allows you to do it.  You don't need a third-party hack that circumvents the game.  Exploiters have such a minuscule impact on the entire match.  I have yet to see anyone win a match on exploits.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Who said we haven't seen it happen?  Some of us just choose not to blow it out of proportion; making a distinction between an actual hack/cheat, which players should be banned for, and exploits, which players should not be banned for.  Anet should fix exploits instead.  Exploits are "legal moves" in that the game allows you to do it.  You don't need a third-party hack that circumvents the game.  Exploiters have such a minuscule impact on the entire match.  I have yet to see anyone win a match on exploits.

Reporting exploits is blowing it out of proportion? *ponders*.

Idgaf about people being banned or not (so easy to make multiple accounts afterall), they just need to either fix the exploits or go ahead and state that terrain exploits are now "legal moves". That way, nobody need waste further time reporting into the abyss or listening to creative interpretations of what constitutes cheating :P.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Luranni.9470 said:

Reporting exploits is blowing it out of proportion? *ponders*.

Idgaf about people being banned or not (so easy to make multiple accounts afterall), they just need to either fix the exploits or go ahead and state that terrain exploits are now "legal moves". That way, nobody need waste further time reporting into the abyss or listening to creative interpretations of what constitutes cheating :P.

I mean, the OP was posting about hacks, not exploits.  Why are you changing the subject?

There's several in this thread, not only yourself, that link together cheats and exploits.  Exploits are totally on the company that doesn't fix them.  Cheats/hacks are completely on the player who installs them.  Confusing the two and declaring that exploiters should be banned is disingenuous and blowing it out of proportion.  Exploits should be reported not for banning players, but for fixing the game.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Let me be more clear.  There sometimes crops up a bug where previewing a link in chat will crash the game.  The source of the problem is the game bug.  You're asked not to exploit the bug, and most don't, but ultimately fixing the bug still falls on the game company.  Banning players does nothing and especially if the bug doesn't get fixed.  The company would spin wheels with investigating every single account that gets reported for linking the item in chat.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1