Willbender Offhand-Sword Buff Suggestion!

DanSH.6143

Hi!
I think it's a bit of a shame off-hand sword is underperforming currently, and I've thought about a creative way to buff it! 

Focusing (pun intended) on the off-hand sword's skill 4:

Executioner's Calling (Skill 4): Increase the damage of the first attack from 0.4 coef to 1, and add a 2 sec knockdown to it. Increase the damage of the second portion of the skill from 4x 0.33 to 4x 0.66.

I think the CC/breakbar would be very thematic and engaging, and the damage buff would better match the animation and help off-hand sword compete with focus and condition variations. This is just my humble suggestion, thanks for reading!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

In ow pve this would be fine and would reduce the need for hammer for bb dmg.

In spvp definitely not. Low animation fast cc attacks should never be on any weapon especially with the mobility it has. I do like the power coeff increases tho.

I would like to see some crit damage increase on it as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/27/2023 at 1:05 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Off-hand Sword is fine.

The unused utilities need help.

Roiling Light, Heel Crack, Flash Combo & Heaven's Palm.

Nobody really uses sword oh in pve focus is just too good to pass. But i agree with te utility comment, outside of whirling light every other utility is bad (again pve).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would much rather have them buff off-hand Sword damage in PvE, but as it stands right now I'm afraid nothing will make it acompetitive weapon against Focus considering the recent buff to Ray of Judgment. Focus is essentially two abilities that amount to 10 hits, a total coefficient of 6.55 and half a second cast time under quickness. They'd have to almost triple the damage on both Sword abilities to get even close to that, which is insane

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MagicBot.1570 said:

They'd have to almost triple the damage on both Sword abilities to get even close to that, which is insane

It does with cleave. Sword also gives mobility. It could use a coeff buff, but nothing huge. 

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:23 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

In spvp definitely not. Low animation fast cc attacks should never be on any weapon especially with the mobility it has. I do like the power coeff increases tho.

oh you mean like ele air focus 5 or deadeyes binding shadows or even spellbreakers dagger 3 or mesmers daze mantra or thief steal or thief pistol 4 or scorpion wire when used in melee range or basilisk venom etc... there are so many ccs with barely any or no animation in this game that this is not a valid argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/26/2023 at 12:34 AM, DanSH.6143 said:

Hi!
I think it's a bit of a shame off-hand sword is underperforming currently, and I've thought about a creative way to buff it! 

Focusing (pun intended) on the off-hand sword's skill 4:

Executioner's Calling (Skill 4): Increase the damage of the first attack from 0.4 coef to 1, and add a 2 sec knockdown to it. Increase the damage of the second portion of the skill from 4x 0.33 to 4x 0.66.

I think the CC/breakbar would be very thematic and engaging, and the damage buff would better match the animation and help off-hand sword compete with focus and condition variations. This is just my humble suggestion, thanks for reading!

I would rather have the damage nerf reverted instead of changing the skill to something else entirely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Off-hand Sword is fine.

The unused utilities need help.

Roiling Light, Heel Crack, Flash Combo & Heaven's Palm.

Keep in mind that I only have PvE perspective.

OH Sword is not fine, Focus has always been better.

But yes, the Physicals are in dire need of buffs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, DanSH.6143 said:

The last thing Willbender needs in PvP and WvW is another CC. I wonder if the people who make these demands ever played any WvW at all.

What else do you want? Aegis every 0,1 seconds?

• Confused 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, Brokensunday.4098 said:

the utilities with the excepcion of Rolling light all need mayor buff or redesign

WB has 1 new utility, whirlling light, the rest were designed to be useless, so they're technically working as intended.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1