Using superior numbers

Sansar.1302

Where fighing a duo at south camp and killed them two times. ( one while my team had camp and one time while they had camp with buffed supervisor )

Then they got one more player , still killed them. ( where geting real close  )

Next time they where five and chased me, and now they are five people trying to hunt me down all the time 

Game feels so pointless when enemy start using so many people to fight one player.

This is becoming the norm these days 😞

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

15 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Where fighing a duo at south camp and killed them two times. ( one while my team had camp and one time while they had camp with buffed supervisor )

Next time they where five and chased me, and now they are five people trying to hunt me down all the time 

Game feels so pointless when enemy start using so many people to fight one player.

If they send 5 v 1, you won for your server since they used 5. Each moment you dragged them along you are winning for your side. This wouldn't make me sad it would make me happy. Best times are when your havoc can lead a zerg around while you known your side is crushing them elsewhere because they lost focus on the win and are M.A.D. at you and aren't playing smart. Relish in it. Good hunting on you! Roam on!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

At least they were kind (or salty) enough to escalate slowly. I'm seeing far more 3-5man kitten havoc squads straight up ganking solo targets. I'll give them their dues, they're very good players, just not people I'd want to meet in real life due to some form of psychological issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Pointless post, no? 

In real life, if you can't move a rock, do you ask more to help you (or use appropriate machinery to assist), or do you bang your head against that? 

You wanted to stay, and those guys wanted you removed. Both sides can engage whatever help they need. You can also siege the F outta the camp, as I've seen some do. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Welcome to WvW. If you hate people bringing larger numbers...PvP is that way ->

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If they send 5 v 1, you won for your server since they used 5. Each moment you dragged them along you are winning for your side. This wouldn't make me sad it would make me happy. Best times are when your havoc can lead a zerg around while you known your side is crushing them elsewhere because they lost focus on the win and are M.A.D. at you and aren't playing smart. Relish in it. Good hunting on you! Roam on!

It's nice and soothing to think of it that way. At the same time you are the reason the participation timer to go back to 10 mins on 5 enemies, so they don't mind.

In the end there already are roamers and/or solo players, so they don't join squads anyway. So it doesn't change anything by you getting killed by five of them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

if you could kill them 1v2 or 1v3 it means they were most likely newer players who were unskilled. I'm not sure what you expect them to do but call for more players, you just want to kill them over and over?

This is exactly why WvW is better than PvP, because everyone can take part in it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

if you could kill them 1v2 or 1v3 it means they were most likely newer players who were unskilled. I'm not sure what you expect them to do but call for more players, you just want to kill them over and over?

This is exactly why WvW is better than PvP, because everyone can take part in it.

Atleast one of them where way higer wvw rank than me, the other's where mid silver

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:
5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The height of arrogance is thinking that an enemy which need to bring 2, 3 or whatever number to kill you is something inherently wrong with the game and the enemy.

Don't understand what what you are trying to say

Edited by Sansar.1302
Bad spelling
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Atleast one of them where way higer wvw rank than me, the other's where mid silver

Rank doesn't mean anything since many players got their ranks from karma trains back in the Edge of the Mists days while running boosters, especially alot of the Diamond Legends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Nor would I expect you to understand it. 

There's usually two types of experienced players:

Those that know exactly how to handle their build because they probably got 1000+ hours on the class and know they will be targeted by multiple enemies because, well, they can beat practically every player on the map 1 on 1 with ease and even small groups.

And then there are those that just claim everyone else is bad because they're dicks.

Hell I've even seen a good power scrapper nader that was tearing through everyone trying to stop his progress, being pretty much unkillable while tossing nades 180 degrees over his head with superspeed taunt me on my core p/p engineer because I "couldnt kill him with conditions". I know other classes can be dicks because they havent got a clue how restricted other classes are, but really.

It's the worst kind of player. If you cant understand it... well you just cant. And that I understand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Not very subtle topic on ohh look how good I am.

57 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

This

Can we please close this thinly veiled bragging thread.

Belive me, did not make this too brag.

Made this topic out of frustration, nothing else.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Hell I've even seen a good power scrapper nader that was tearing through everyone trying to stop his progress, being pretty much unkillable while tossing nades 180 degrees over his head with superspeed taunt me on my core p/p engineer because I "couldnt kill him with conditions". I know other classes can be dicks because they havent got a clue how restricted other classes are, but really.

Lol ran into one of those yesterday. Some specs have it easy, gets highly abused by the "good players". Most skills require line of sight, but not grenades, just toss'em wherever the auto target will take care of it anyways!.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

It's nice and soothing to think of it that way. At the same time you are the reason the participation timer to go back to 10 mins on 5 enemies, so they don't mind.

In the end there already are roamers and/or solo players, so they don't join squads anyway. So it doesn't change anything by you getting killed by five of them.

Wait I thought anyone that chooses to fight out numbered was just pip hunting per ANet? There is no reward for winning the week, but that's still something some of us do, looking to win the week. I don't care about their participation timers, the more I can get waste their time means more numbers for us somewhere else taking their stuff. The reason I want week end rewards is so there is less reason to mindlessly zerg play and people to be more efficient in their gameplay. Be everywhere at the same time.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Rank doesn't mean anything since many players got their ranks from karma trains back in the Edge of the Mists days while running boosters, especially alot of the Diamond Legends.

Karma trains back in the day...lol you mean all the karma trains that occur everyday in WvW? Welcome to the ongoing discussions between attacking and defending nerfs.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: expanded point about ktrains
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And SMC trains, and the defense rewards still easy to get there even after the nerfs.

🙂 Point is after all the karma trains we were seeing before EoTM existed, saw before the weeklies, and see more of now after the weeklies, not going to give people a free pass that karma trains were just an EoTM thing. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed setting up ambushes for the ktrains in EoTM but also had to deal with ktrain drivers in the borderlands that refused to defend because that meant they had to spend time fighting versus just going around the other side and taking what had just been papered. There are times to gather numbers, time to boost morale that back capping does and so fourth, but the straight out they had more numbers but still refused to try and hold because it was more rewarding to take....sorry still on the we need reasons to defend side due to it still out there. And as you have seen we have a number of defense driven peeps and when we see the warning bell of lets just retake it...creates that uhoh that canary just died twitches in me. 

Side note: The ktrain drivers as some might assume had been pugmanders, but these were full guild groups I am referring too, not pugmanders. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Side note
  • Thanks 1