Nerf engi kits

I have more reasons to nerf things:

Necro staff has marks. How abhorrent, it's current year so fix this.
Guardian weapons have symbols. That's obviously bad.
Mesmer clones. Do I even need to explain? REMOVE THEM!
Warriors have adrenaline. Toxic mechanic that promotes agressive gameplay.
Elementalists keep swapping attunaments. Make up your mind would ya? Time to end this charade.
Revenants... I don't like the color. Honestly the worst offense so far.

I could go on for days. As you can see, things are in dire need of nerfs. I expect a patch next tuesday with a lengthy apology from the devs attached.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

Why don't kits have a cool down after entering or exiting. EEvery skill have a cool down but these engi kits get a clear exception to the rule why? You enter it then exit it maybe it should go on a 10 second cool down befor being able to enter it again? 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Why don't kits have a cool down after entering or exiting. EEvery skill have a cool down but these engi kits get a clear exception to the rule why? You enter it then exit it maybe it should go on a 10 second cool down befor being able to enter it again? 

It's on purpose though. Engi is supposed to be a jack of all trades master of none, that is why kits were designed with no cooldown.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Because engineer in exchange has absolutely no weapon pool (engineer has 3!!!!! core weapons). We are the only class that has to pay for weapon swap mechanics by giving up utility skill slots.

That's why kits are allowed to have the power to swap in and out at will. Because engineer is the most weapon restricted class in the game, by far.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

CD on swap for kits would go a long way to making the eng game play not hand destroying and keep the effectiveness of the kit skills powerful. Right now kits are to easy to swap in and out of paired with low cd on skills of the kits will cause harm to the player using it. It is an toxic level of game play that should not be in ANY game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

'scuze me... did the show start already? 🍿

Okay, but not to just offtopic and kittentalk: Did you notice, how despite kits being OP, following your argument - which honestly, wasn't really an argument, but I digress - there are next to no Core Engineer players. In fact, I could count the remaining Core Engineer mains on one hand. Mechanist probably has more players, on lower tiers, but it still can't be carried by kits. Could it be, that what your problem is, that Scrapper and Holosmith are needlessly overloaded, so they can be played without needeing to slot in 3-5 kits, so people without the necessary piano skills could actually play Engineer?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

CD on swap for kits would go a long way to making the eng game play not hand destroying and keep the effectiveness of the kit skills powerful. Right now kits are to easy to swap in and out of paired with low cd on skills of the kits will cause harm to the player using it. It is an toxic level of game play that should not be in ANY game.

And what toxic gameplay are you talking about, i mean, no oke of kits aside grenades are strong enough to be nerfed. Sigil of cleanse and intelligence has several secs of cd, kit swap combos works cause, they are combos. What gonna an engi do with an elixir gun with 4 secs of cds, with wrench on cd, do basics? Mortar kit? Shot basics on the ground while he's holding the entire warrior cc combo, reaper chill and damage combo?

Ask for real updates.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

'scuze me... did the show start already? 🍿

Okay, but not to just offtopic and kittentalk: Did you notice, how despite kits being OP, following your argument - which honestly, wasn't really an argument, but I digress - there are next to no Core Engineer players. In fact, I could count the remaining Core Engineer mains on one hand. Mechanist probably has more players, on lower tiers, but it still can't be carried by kits. Could it be, that what your problem is, that Scrapper and Holosmith are needlessly overloaded, so they can be played without needeing to slot in 3-5 kits, so people without the necessary piano skills could actually play Engineer?

Dude, kits be so OP that 5 kit engis automatically get into plat 3…. Which is why you never see them… think about it!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

more like master of all

Tell us, aside of be the best stealth burst (that yeah, deserve a nerf, but isn't even a full kit engineer) in which one other thing, he's the master? conditions, bunkering, best 1 vs 1 node fighter, healer, boon sharer? Im listening you 

So a full kit engineer is at the same time, better in condi than a Harbinger? Hes better in 1 vs 1 than spellbreaker?  Heals and tanks more than a tempest? Has more sustained damage than a Catalyst? All at the same time?

19 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

And what toxic gameplay are you talking about, i mean, no oke of kits aside grenades are strong enough to be nerfed. Sigil of cleanse and intelligence has several secs of cd, kit swap combos works cause, they are combos. What gonna an engi do with an elixir gun with 4 secs of cds, with wrench on cd, do basics? Mortar kit? Shot basics on the ground while he's holding the entire warrior cc combo, reaper chill and damage combo?

Ask for real updates, don't be a joke of player

Well it becomes about APM (Ability per min) and that IS toxicity for the person playing the class. It is harmful and excuse a large group of ppl from playing the class well. Being able to spam skill should not be a good thing for an class and in no way is it an skillful way to play the game over all.

Adding an cd on kits that you just swaped out of (like wepon atument even lengdars) would make eng kit game play less about APM and more about timing of cd and risk rewards of moving to an different set of skills.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

25 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Well it becomes about APM (Ability per min) and that IS toxicity for the person playing the class. It is harmful and excuse a large group of ppl from playing the class well. Being able to spam skill should not be a good thing for an class and in no way is it an skillful way to play the game over all.

Adding an cd on kits that you just swaped out of (like wepon atument even lengdars) would make eng kit game play less about APM and more about timing of cd and risk rewards of moving to an different set of skills.

And which skills are you supposed to be spamming; the kit swap has no cd, but useful  skills(again, aside of grenades) has the enough cd to force the current engineer to fight and run away already. You, currently even on a full kit engineer will not be able to hold a fight agaisnt a some popular classes like Catalyst, Spellbreaker, Reaper, Harbinger, Willbender, Untamed Vindicator, Druid, etc. Without getting all your worthy kits' skills on CD and being forced to disengange.

That's why nerfing superspeed and Stealth instead of nerfing grenades damage and  stealth's burst(1 sec debuff per pulse while on stealth that blocks critic chance and maybe -33% damage) is the worst idea that only non-engineers gonna still asking for.

So, even worst is to nerf kits that aren't not even broken, only 'cause a random thinks that they're toxic . (I know the true reason= Omg no one other class can swap like that, omg. I cant TP nor use clones either, pls remove from the game 😔)

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

And which skills are you supposed to be spamming; the kit swap has no cd, but useful  skills(again, aside of grenades) has the enough cd to force the current engineer to fight and run away already. You, currently even on a full kit engineer will not be able to hold a fight agaisnt a some popular classes like Catalyst, Spellbreaker, Reaper, Harbinger, Willbender, Untamed Vindicator, Druid, etc. Without getting all your worthy kits' skills on CD and being forced to disengange.

That's why nerfing superspeed and Stealth instead of nerfing grenades damage and  stealth's burst(1 sec debuff per pulse while on stealth that blocks critic chance and maybe -33% damage) is the worst idea that only non-engineers gonna still asking for.

So, even worst is to nerf kits that aren't not even broken, only 'cause a random thinks that they're toxic . (I know the true reason= Omg no one other class can swap like that, omg. I cant TP nor use clones either, pls remove from the game 😔)

The ability to swap from kit to kit with out any down time for going right back into a kit you swaped form is a form of spamming and the worst thing you can do to your hands in an video game setting. It may in-fact be border line the same thing that happen with Mario party lawsuit gloves.

• Confused 3

15 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Humble yourself, please. You don't speak for everyone. Myself I love engineer for how high APM the kit playstyle is. And just because you find it uncomfortable and cannot do it, doesn't make it unskillful. You can stop coping now. Also, kits are designed in such a way that you will most likely need 1 or 2 abilities from them at a time, and then swap to another kit. This is not how for example attunements are designed, which are much more complete toolsets and which almost always have some offensive and some defensive utility in them, so that you don't have to swap around as much as with kits in order to get what you need to survive. But I'm not surprised that you - who is known for spamming nonsensical hate about engineer and kits- doesn't understand such logic. Your takes have always been distorted and nonsensical. Like how you said scrapper was impossible to balance because medkit makes it automatically a healer, which is just flatout untrue. Stop posting your drivel for once and actually analyze how kits are designed and how unplayable the class would become when you'd add cooldowns. 

• Thanks 5

19 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

If skill spam is toxic for the player, then restrict elementalist to just 2 attunements instead of all 4 and remove conjured weapons completely. Because these aspects are also hindering players to play the class well.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes, adrenaline is so toxic in 2023. Lets let warriors just use those bursts of CD to tone down their overly manly aggression. 

Thinking about it, overheating is an evil and toxic mechanic, too. It lets players harm themselves, which is a behaviour we do NOT want to encourage!

I suggest we remove the negative effects of overheating from holosmith. No more damage done to yourself, no more cooldown increase for toolbelt skills. Also allow holosmith to sit at 150 heat in photon forge indefinitely if they take the trait ECSU, to give the players this warm and cozy feeling!

#MakeGuildWars2CozyAgain!

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Thinking about it, overheating is an evil and toxic mechanic, too. It lets players harm themselves, which is a behaviour we do NOT want to encourage!

I suggest we remove the negative effects of overheating from holosmith. No more damage done to yourself, no more cooldown increase for toolbelt skills. Also allow holosmith to sit at 150 heat in photon forge indefinitely if they take the trait ECSU, to give the players this warm and cozy feeling!

#MakeGuildWars2CozyAgain!

Nonsense! That holo should at least pulse 5 stacks of burning for 2s in a 240 radius AoE while at that heat threshold.

• Haha 2

I'm not so sure where all the hate against engi comes from suddenly. I guess after a recent spike in player engi player count since last monthly tournament people suddenly see a class that has been so long out of the meta that they forgot how to counter it. Engi's are one of the least-played characters in gw2 (https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics) and I'm not sure that nerfing it's class identity to the extent that it becomes useless will do it any good.

The recently popular grenade engi has literally 1 stun break and no stability. Throw some cc on it and stomp it into the ground easily. Get one or two players to run with skills that give revealed (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed) to make it even more easy to see them coming, or just play spell breaker and completely ignore any damage they do.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If skill spam is toxic for the player, then restrict elementalist to just 2 attunements instead of all 4 and remove conjured weapons completely. Because these aspects are also hindering players to play the class well.

If its something your using skills in such a way that your hands start to be in pain then yes it is also toxic to the player.

• Confused 1