should Fashion wars stay

Fashion wars   

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should fashion wars stay in game?

• Yes I like to keep it active
    • No only have it once a year

I say Phooy on the whole thing, simply because it takes your backpiece off.  I won one today (takes a bow 🙂 )  with my saf dyed heavy Runic armor, with the bunny helmet, but my sweet Decades Cape wasnt on, and it really IS part of the look.  when they add Backs to the Fashion, ill be back.  oh, and how about at least some Karma for a win??? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

If it was available all the time I doubt anyone would bother with it most days. It would make it easier to win because a lot of the time there would probably be just 1 contestant (like the race events in PoF maps), but since winning doesn't matter and other people are what makes participating fun it wouldn't be very appealing.

Instead I like the suggestion which came up in another thread to include it in other festivals, with themed costumes being encouraged.

• Like 3

I actually rolled my eyes when Fashion Wars came out and thought, "They're really going in on this meme, aren't they?". But then I realized, "meh...it doesn't harm anyone..." . Besides, as others said, I doubt it would be busy all the time. Also, it's something to do for those that are interested. And I'm going to be honest, there is nothing to do in this game short of the typical expected mmo activities (instanced areas, pvp, grinding for gear FOR those instanced areas).

I look at it like this. It's literally the same thing as Grothmar Valley and the concert. Not everybody is into heavy metal but it is certainly better to have it than not. The concert actually triggered suggestions from me to expand that to other genres, where each race (or subculture within that race) would have musical events. That type of social event, to me, would not only be interesting from a world-building view but it would also be something for others to participate in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If it was available all the time I doubt anyone would bother with it most days. It would make it easier to win because a lot of the time there would probably be just 1 contestant (like the race events in PoF maps), but since winning doesn't matter and other people are what makes participating fun it wouldn't be very appealing.

Instead I like the suggestion which came up in another thread to include it in other festivals, with themed costumes being encouraged.

Yes this would work. I’d also like to see Metal Legion concerts at each festival too. 

Metal Legion Halloween concert and a Halloween fashion parade would be an incredible addition 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I fashion my toons ( over 126 now) in sets of 3 ( in 3 accounts ), like the Mousketeers, star trek crew, Wzp set etc.

When I saw "no capes"

..well Bathmouse, Suppermouse, Mousketeer fashion needs their capes.

I Fashion to include pets, minis, titles etc

Gave it a short look and went back to DR. Looks to me as an in-group thing.

I rather park my toons and talk to people if they comment, way nicer.

More for a different type of player/person I think

Edited by Eulefant.9624
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Not the event but the Stage should stay and/or even let people manage their own shows.

That's a good idea. I know players do organise their own fashion shows at times, either for guilds or as part of community events like Pink Day in LA, so having a dedicated space for them could be useful.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That's a good idea. I know players do organise their own fashion shows at times, either for guilds or as part of community events like Pink Day in LA, so having a dedicated space for them could be useful.

That i will accept and like what is normally there 

5 hours ago, Eulefant.9624 said:

I fashion my toons ( over 126 now) in sets of 3 ( in 3 accounts ), like the Mousketeers, star trek crew, Wzp set etc.

When I saw "no capes"

..well Bathmouse, Suppermouse, Mousketeer fashion needs their capes.

I Fashion to include pets, minis, titles etc

Gave it a short look and went back to DR. Looks to me as an in-group thing.

I rather park my toons and talk to people if they comment, way nicer.

More for a different type of player/person I think

It's very easy to keep your back item.  Just enter the Fashion Show area using a Novelty-tonic that changes your character model.  (Might even work with any character-changing tonic (outside Novelties); I've not tried that.)

It already seems to be getting less popular. I was there for 3 or 4 shows (across 3 copies of LA) and I think only 1 had 10 participants (one show only had just 3, and 2 of them were late additions), there were a lot fewer audience members than on the first day and hardly anyone was talking.

I still think it's a fun idea, but I think it will work better as a rarity rather than something available all the time, otherwise the novelty quickly wears off and there's no reason to participate.

• Thanks 3

I think WoW had a good approach to such things back in the day. 

They did some sort of adventure rotation. Each weekend, there was a new thing, either a funny PvP mod, an old dungeon throwback, or a mini event / adventure such as a fashion contest (and minigames like keg brawl or crab toss could be thrown in too). This made all of these things exciting because each of them happened only every few weeks and didn't last too long, they also were pretty busy most of the time they were on.

This would require some work on Anet side, but I could definitely see these smaller events and activities benefit from such a system.

• Like 1