Willbender

aiinseinn.5914

But in all seriousness, the real problem is Anet's 'balance' team never consults with anyone in the PvP/WvW departments (as if such things exist 🤣) before they roll out these new specs. It was the same with the HoT and PoF specs, and then we see them scrambling to 'balance' things months/years later when the balance is all out of whack. Maybe one day they'll learn, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ronin.4501 said:

But in all seriousness, the real problem is Anet's 'balance' team never consults with anyone in the PvP/WvW departments (as if such things exist 🤣) before they roll out these new specs. It was the same with the HoT and PoF specs, and then we see them scrambling to 'balance' things months/years later when the balance is all out of whack. Maybe one day they'll learn, but I'm not holding my breath.

How the new e-speces are consulted:
A-net: So we created this uber mobile bs class with high burst and kitten load of boons that can delete stuff in seconds or run away because why not.
*Room filled with only teefs and guardians*: That's what I'm talking about! LETZ GO!
*Everyone else still waiting to be allowed to even lick door handle at A-net HQ*: Bruh, what?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Willbender was made for people who wanted to play like Power Herald players do but without playing Herald, because they weren't good enough with it.

Power Herald = High risk / Mid Reward (Used to be equally high years ago. Sad.)
Willbender = Low Risk / High Reward. The perfect formula for awful balance, because it means that the class/build will be overplayed.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Did you play one to learn how to kill them? Did you create a build to hunt them down?

No, but it just that it's willbender's turn to get nerfed. If devs have any of that in mind in terms of counterplay, then none of the nerfs would've happened. (even reworks.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

No, but it just that it's willbender's turn to get nerfed. If devs have any of that in mind in terms of counterplay, then none of the nerfs would've happened. (even reworks.)

Don't really find Willbenders that much of an issue to fight, the ones that failed their rotation do have options to run away, but so do a lot of other classes. Build one to see their rotations or build a catchem build that can hunt them when they run from you. If its the burn ones that are getting you add in more condi cleanse if you aren't dodging it. That or share what part of their attack that got you so there is info on what part of the rotation is over performing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Don't really find Willbenders that much of an issue to fight, the ones that failed their rotation do have options to run away, but so do a lot of other classes. Build one to see their rotations or build a catchem build that can hunt them when they run from you. If its the burn ones that are getting you add in more condi cleanse if you aren't dodging it. That or share what part of their attack that got you so there is info on what part of the rotation is over performing.

I wish I would've recorded when I saw willbender carrying out 1 vs ~8 pug fight (and winning) few weeks ago. Again, I have no problem when a profession has such potential because who knows, I might find it interesting and play it some day. But too many profession got gutted out in the past by anet simply because they can do that.

Don't worry though. From what I know anet doesn't seem to read their own forum that much. Only if they see this kinds of nerf request getting a lot of likes in reddit, then it is very likely to be deleted next patch.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

F1 Rushing Justice: Rush, 800 range, 12s cooldown

F2 Flowing Resolve: Rush, 450 range, 20s cooldown, 2 charges. 

F3 Crashing Courage: Shadowstep, 600 range, 30s cooldown.

Sword 5 Advancing Strike: Shadowstep, 750 range, 20s cooldown.

Flash Combo: Shadowstep, 900 range, 25s cooldown. Repose: Shadowstep return.

Whirling Light: Lunge, 600 range, 15s cooldown.

Rolling Light: Dodge back, 300 range, 25s cooldown. Quick retribution: Lunge, 300 range.

Heaven's Palm elite: Shadowstep, 600 range, 20s cooldown.

Sword 2 Symbol of blades: No line of sight teleport to target, 600 range, 8s cooldown.

Judge's Intervention: Teleport, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Merciful Interventon: Shadowstep, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Why does one spec have this many mobility options that most of also does aoe damage? even the dodge one lmao. While also being built off one of the best support classes in the game. This is a thief on suparoids. 🤡 balancing to put that very lightly. Nothing to see here just fork over 🤑💰💸

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

F1 Rushing Justice: Rush, 800 range, 12s cooldown

F2 Flowing Resolve: Rush, 450 range, 20s cooldown, 2 charges. 

F3 Crashing Courage: Shadowstep, 600 range, 30s cooldown.

Sword 5 Advancing Strike: Shadowstep, 750 range, 20s cooldown.

Flash Combo: Shadowstep, 900 range, 25s cooldown. Repose: Shadowstep return.

Whirling Light: Lunge, 600 range, 15s cooldown.

Rolling Light: Dodge back, 300 range, 25s cooldown. Quick retribution: Lunge, 300 range.

Heaven's Palm elite: Shadowstep, 600 range, 20s cooldown.

Sword 2 Symbol of blades: No line of sight teleport to target, 600 range, 8s cooldown.

Judge's Intervention: Teleport, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Merciful Interventon: Shadowstep, 1200 range, 40s cooldown.

Why does one spec have this many mobility options that most of also does aoe damage? even the dodge one lmao. While also being built off one of the best support classes in the game. This is a thief on suparoids. 🤡 balancing to put that very lightly. Nothing to see here just fork over 🤑💰💸

no port on auto attack ?! 🤨

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

World would look like a very bleak place if willbender was nerfed and roaming scene was just cele players pressing 1 stat gapping everything else.

It is skillful enough build to be left alone. Nerf cele, then we can talk.

But what if it was already a bleak place?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

It is skillful enough build to be left alone. Nerf cele, then we can talk.

Would be great if you ask other overly-nerfed roaming classes to be rolled back again 😊

6 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Same, unfortunately I'm now escaping from gw2 reality too. 😏

Many of my guildies already moved on. Probably anet too

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Celestial stats are broken. Many builds are op with them, while weaker with power or condi based stat. But wb is broken both on power and on cele stats. Wb population gets so big, close to ranger at this point. So many skilled players ...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2