Isn’t this one of the people they hired to help cmc balance?

RedAvenged.5217

30 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Don't touch Roy, he's a good guy and he's super chill if you just talk to him. If he actually implements my suggestion about particle effects on dagger burst I'll send him pizza.

But terrible at balance design so these things are mutually exclusive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@phokus.8934 We should be Happy that they at least do care about PvP (Balance Team) abit. Also tho making this Game 100% balanced is Impossible. Also another fact would be the Balance actually is the best we get since years and they are trying to make it better even while it need rly Long.

So gain them the time they need and it will be good again at least in Terms of Balance kekw xd

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, semak.7481 said:

Cmc arrived, ruined everything he could - going backwards few years later - look, its good now compared to what it was! Genius plan /s

Game is broken since pof Release, If you denie that, you are basicly anaware

Balancing 8 classes in Core guildwars 2 was already quite hard, now we have 9 classes and 27 additional subclasses

I am Not fine With every decision but Most of the Last few Made Sense, some stuff Had good ideas but didn't worked Out as planned

Man they tried 2 times With decent buffs to Berserker to Bring it Back and condi Berserker is Not rly bad

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

58 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Game is broken since pof Release, If you denie that, you are basicly anaware

Balancing 8 classes in Core guildwars 2 was already quite hard, now we have 9 classes and 27 additional subclasses

I am Not fine With every decision but Most of the Last few Made Sense, some stuff Had good ideas but didn't worked Out as planned

Man they tried 2 times With decent buffs to Berserker to Bring it Back and condi Berserker is Not rly bad

Everything was bust at pof release, but that allowed build diversity.

every top teir player I’ve ever talked to agree that, despite the ehh balance of pof times- right before cmc was hired balance was at least acceptable and the game was fun.

he took away the fun part and made balance much worse.

Id rather fun game with mediocre balance than unfun with even worse balance

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Everything was bust at pof release, but that allowed build diversity.

every top teir player I’ve ever talked to agree that, despite the ehh balance of pof times- right before cmc was hired balance was at least acceptable and the game was fun.

he took away the fun part and made balance much worse.

Id rather fun game with mediocre balance than unfun with even worse balance

pof release was utter trash lol. every expac release was now that i think about it.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

pof release was utter trash lol. every expac release was now that i think about it.

Note my comment about balance was not pof release.

even with not the best balances updates after pof, 2 years later it was not bad and at least was fun.

cmc came along with a bat and a guilty conscience.

he said “screw this game “ ima mess you up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

technically he's right.

berserker is definitely manageably playable.

unlike before when it is completely unplayable.

a lot of builds are manageably playable now that were simply completely garbage.

a lot of new builds too, for example, warrior now has condi spellbreaker, hammer core war etc, are all manageably playable builds.

which is why now i'm playing, as a warrior enjoyer i can actually choose my builds and not be completely useless, and not be stuck only to power spellbreaker, for the first time in many years.

personal opinion tho, this won't last if daredevil is still this strong. going to shut down a lot of builds in ranked plays(non competitive)

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Elementalist has barely been touched in PvP for half a decade, besides adding Catalyst. Tempest has seen numerous nerfs, and almost all buffs from PvE haven't carried over in to PvP and WvW. I don't know why players keep thinking its been heavily buffed when its still pretty much the same as it ever was.

Its like opening the fridge, discovering a five year old ham in there and going "wow, this stinks!".

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

46 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Elementalist has barely been touched in PvP for half a decade, besides adding Catalyst. Tempest has seen numerous nerfs, and almost all buffs from PvE haven't carried over in to PvP and WvW. I don't know why players keep thinking its been heavily buffed when its still pretty much the same as it ever was.

Not like a number of threads were opened explaining what recent buffs shot tempest into the meta, such as:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Its like opening the fridge, discovering a five year old ham in there and going "wow, this stinks!".

When Eod came out tempest was already the best support in the game and it got a massive buff and then on top of that they gave massive buffs to scepter and staff-

the likes of which no other class got

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

technically he's right.

berserker is definitely manageably playable.

unlike before when it is completely unplayable.

a lot of builds are manageably playable now that were simply completely garbage.

a lot of new builds too, for example, warrior now has condi spellbreaker, hammer core war etc, are all manageably playable builds.

which is why now i'm playing, as a warrior enjoyer i can actually choose my builds and not be completely useless, and not be stuck only to power spellbreaker, for the first time in many years.

personal opinion tho, this won't last if daredevil is still this strong. going to shut down a lot of builds in ranked plays(non competitive)

Because even though warrior was decently strong they gave it back all its passives and then some.

but what is really problematic is that for classes like thief-

instead of giving back its passives, they gave it an even worse skill than the 300 icd.

this is not good balance and war just happens to be semi-ok rn

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

When Eod came out tempest was already the best support in the game and it got a massive buff and then on top of that they gave massive buffs to scepter and staff-

the likes of which no other class got

Sceptor buff was literally one skill that made a difference, and most Staff changes never made it to PvP. What is this massive Tempest buff you're talking about? It doesn't play any differently than it did in the Path of Fire era, and I've always played it in G3-P1 until the last few seasons.

(I hope you aren't refering to Alacrity which no one takes as it guts healing.)

Tempest was not the best support in the game either, Core Support Guardian was the most played build by over 50% of support builds for many, many years (except for Firebrand briefly being viable). Most of the top NA supports were playing that build.

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Sceptor buff was literally one skill that made a difference, and most Staff changes never made it to PvP. What is this massive Tempest buff you're talking about? It doesn't play any differently than it did in the Path of Fire era, and I've always played it in G3-P1 until the last few seasons.

(I hope you aren't refering to Alacrity which no one takes as it guts healing.)

O I didn’t realize you were an ultra pro plat1 player, sorry.

I didn’t realize that giving an already meta class multiple completely busted skill changes, was not a bad change.

I’ll think more next time sorry

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This reminds me of how players keep complaining about Earth Shield despite it being nerfed no less than three times. You always see a massive list of buffs--which mostly just make the class more janky, while disregarding a mountain of nerfs. Those conveniently never happened.

Meanwhile the jank is also disregarded as you still see the class as overperforming. I seriously doubt that most players complaining about Elementalist have ever actually played it in ranked.

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

This reminds me of how players keep complaining about Earth Shield despite it being nerfed no less than three times. You always see a massive list of buffs--which mostly just make the class more janky, while disregarding a mountain of nerfs. Those conveniently never happened.

Meanwhile the jank is also disregarded as you still see the class as overperforming.

I’m sure that’s why you fell out of plat1.

life is tough I know 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:38 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Don't touch Roy, he's a good guy and he's super chill if you just talk to him. If he actually implements my suggestion about particle effects on dagger burst I'll send him pizza.

8 hours ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Roy Gigachad with the HUGE neck WICKED

noo not le wholesome heckerino roy!1!!!

literal redittors

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1