Reaper is seriously getting out of control (part 2)

Eugchriss.2046

First, for the mob saying it's okay for reaper to have a 16cd healing skill because reaper shroud decay faster: The  decay difference between reaper shroud and core shroud is 0%. Yes, you read it right 0%. They both have 5% loss per second.

The only reason the mob think reaper sustain is meh is because these same folk REFUSE to take the same sustain skill/traits/weapon than core. They are basically complaining about their own choices

Now, here is the actual part 2: chill (the condi)

To put in context, chill is:

• movement speed -66%
  • recharge speed -66%

but also:

• cripple is movement speed -50°%
  • alacrity is recharge speed +25%

Chill is basically a buffed cripple on steroid. Not only that, the closest to "opposite" of chill, alacrity has almost 1/3 of its intensity. Something is definitively wrong here. Now some of you, forum warriors, will reply: "yOu CaN t JuSt CoMpArE cOndI AnD bOoNs LiKe ThAt. YoU hAvE tO aLsO cOnSidEr ThEiR DuRaTiOnS aNd RaTe Of ApPlIcAtIoN". Guess what? Most of cipple durations are around 2s and 4s. Alacrity duration (per skill) is capped at 3s. Yet we have reaper running around with 8 out of its 17 skills (without the 3 auto attacks) applying 2 to 5s chill, some of are even pulsing smh.

First, chill needs a severe nerf. It needs to be less effective than cripple to actually have a real distinction between the 2 and needs to have the same intensity than its "opposite" boon. So basically:

• movement speed -33%
  • recharge speed -25%

Second, chilling darkness and shivers of death are redondant. Either of the 2 has to go either they are both mixed to share the same ICD.

I can't wait for the next 3v3 being 1 tempest 1 condi reaper 1 power reaper.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I agree. Reapers are out of control in ranked pvp as well. Theres like 2-3 of them per team in every game. In ATs its even worse. One game, my team got wrecked by a 5 reaper team in finals. We couldn't even leave spawn. They need to get nerfed before we have the full 5v5 reaper mAT finals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

49 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I agree. Reapers are out of control in ranked pvp as well. Theres like 2-3 of them per team in every game. In ATs its even worse. One game, my team got wrecked by a 5 reaper team in finals. We couldn't even leave spawn. They need to get nerfed before we have the full 5v5 reaper mAT finals.

To be fair before eod dropped reaper was pretty solid. 1 core necro, 1 core guard, 1 reaper was common in a ranked game.

That changed, what with harbinger doing 7k when jumping (literally jumping) on you. But you know.

It's about time Reaper got its spot in the meta. 

Necro is a natural predator to Ele/Engi, so they'll help keep them in check. 

I see this as an absolute win. Good on you Necro mains. Maybe we can give Scourge some love next?

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

To be fair before eod dropped reaper was pretty solid. 1 core necro, 1 core guard, 1 reaper was common in a ranked game.

That changed, what with harbinger doing 7k when jumping (literally jumping) on you. But you know.

That's not true. When I played the power harb meme, I did 15k voracious arcs. Even then it wasn't good enough for competitive play. Then I discovered a much stronger build (death magic/curses) and played that in the hardstuck tourney and even that wasn't quite up to the task of dealing with specter. However, that lead to the inevitable destruction of the death magic traitline. It will not be missed. 

You guys need to step your game up. You're complaining about chill and paltry 7k hits; there's way more disgusting stuff you can do with necromancers. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's about time Reaper got its spot in the meta. 

Necro is a natural predator to Ele/Engi, so they'll help keep them in check. 

I see this as an absolute win. Good on you Necro mains. Maybe we can give Scourge some love next?

Average reaper farms average ranger without even breaking a sweat.....let's see how long the ele/engi hate would last when necros start using poison cloud properly....give it time than average ranger will cry even harder than now

• Confused 3

This thread is silly.

There are currently only like 5 players in NA who can even wield Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger to a threatening degree in higher tiered play. I mean seriously, anyone who still avidly participates in the community could list these players off the top of their head there are so few left who could play Necro into plat+ levels and use it efficiently in final rounds of ATs: Naru, Doze, Dr Meta, Hatuey, Albert.

This isn't because no one is playing Necro. Necro absolutely has one of the highest class representations. This is because Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger is very middle-tiered in the Conquest dynamic. There are plenty of other Necro players who are pretty good, but when they play into comps stacked with what is actually OP, they end up being statistically & mechanically overwhelmed.

When you compare these Necro representation rates to Scrapper, we can see that just about anyone who plays Scrapper is dangerous. People who aren't even Engi mains play Scrapper and are dangerous, even in higher tiered matches. When we compare this to Ele representation rates, we can see that MAT winning teams are still running triple Ele comps. Clearly we aren't seeing triple Necro comps, if we see Necro at all.

About this: 

3 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

I can't wait for the next 3v3 being 1 tempest 1 condi reaper 1 power reaper.

This is nothing new. We've been seeing double Necro + Support as a dominant team comp since the beginning of 3v3 arenas for obvious reasons. This will always be this way due to the tiny map designs that greatly restrict kiting potential and force hard team fights. <- These circumstances are ideal for Necros stack on Support.

But even considering as much, I think you're worried about the wrong class for this upcoming 3 season. With the realization of Scrapper, I 100% guarantee you that most top teams are going to be abusing the hell out of Scrapper full team stealth ganking at the start of every 3s match. This will be so commonly used that it's going to throw the 3s season into a state of overly redundant & boring stealth war play. 100% guarantee you that we'll be seeing absolutely disgusting team comps revolving around Scrapper + Thief so they can super elongate the Sneak Gyro buff with Thief Shortbow blasting. They will simply wait until the other team comes out of stealth first, select a target to gank, and between the DPS & CCs & boon removal of the Scrapper + Thief, that target will instantly go into downstate too quickly for any realistic counterplay based on reflexes. The only thing that will save a player from such high DPS stealth ganking, would be passive traits like Defy Pain that passively trigger. These teams will anticipate the use of Scrapper/Thief on other good teams, so all of the Scrappers will take Lock On so they can reveal each other's teams. This will be stupid & mandatory because a team with Scrapper/Thief who is against Scrapper/Thief, both teams will be able to maintain permanent stealth and the only way to find each other, will be Lock On. This is going to be the stupidest dumbest and most boringly redundant combat any of us have ever seen in any game. 

Arenanet needs to identify that in Conquest games, even though people complain about stealth in general, we still have to come out of stealth to take or defend nodes. But in those 3s arenas there are no nodes to force a reason to leave perma stealth cycling, which will result in exactly what I've already described. No one is going to enjoy this, and it will result in by far the most narrow viability in play options we've ever seen in any patching or any mode, as well as the lowest participation rates of any pvp season to date. With new titans on the verge of release like Diablo 4 on June 6th, Arenanet needs to give some real attention to glaring problems like this or GW2 pvp really will be actually dead come around July.

The point being is that this ****show that's about to happen in the next 3s season will have nothing to do with Necromancer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This thread is silly.

There are currently only like 5 players in NA who can even wield Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger to a threatening degree in higher tiered play. I mean seriously, anyone who still avidly participates in the community could list these players off the top of their head there are so few left who could play Necro into plat+ levels and use it efficiently in final rounds of ATs: Naru, Doze, Dr Meta, Hatuey, Albert.

This isn't because no one is playing Necro. Necro absolutely has one of the highest class representations. This is because Necro/Reaper/Scourge/Harbinger is very middle-tiered in the Conquest dynamic. There are plenty of other Necro players who are pretty good, but when they play into comps stacked with what is actually OP, they end up being statistically & mechanically overwhelmed.

When you compare these Necro representation rates to Scrapper, we can see that just about anyone who plays Scrapper is dangerous. People who aren't even Engi mains play Scrapper and are dangerous, even in higher tiered matches. When we compare this to Ele representation rates, we can see that MAT winning teams are still running triple Ele comps. Clearly we aren't seeing triple Necro comps, if we see Necro at all.

About this: 

This is nothing new. We've been seeing double Necro + Support as a dominant team comp since the beginning of 3v3 arenas for obvious reasons. This will always be this way due to the tiny map designs that greatly restrict kiting potential and force hard team fights. <- These circumstances are ideal for Necros stack on Support.

But even considering as much, I think you're worried about the wrong class for this upcoming 3 season. With the realization of Scrapper, I 100% guarantee you that most top teams are going to be abusing the hell out of Scrapper full team stealth ganking at the start of every 3s match. This will be so commonly used that it's going to throw the 3s season into a state of overly redundant & boring stealth war play. 100% guarantee you that we'll be seeing absolutely disgusting team comps revolving around Scrapper + Thief so they can super elongate the Sneak Gyro buff with Thief Shortbow blasting. They will simply wait until the other team comes out of stealth first, select a target to gank, and between the DPS & CCs & boon removal of the Scrapper + Thief, that target will instantly go into downstate too quickly for any realistic counterplay based on reflexes. The only thing that will save a player from such high DPS stealth ganking, would be passive traits like Defy Pain that passively trigger. These teams will anticipate the use of Scrapper/Thief on other good teams, so all of the Scrappers will take Lock On so they can reveal each other's teams. This will be stupid & mandatory because a team with Scrapper/Thief who is against Scrapper/Thief, both teams will be able to maintain permanent stealth and the only way to find each other, will be Lock On. This is going to be the stupidest dumbest and most boringly redundant combat any of us have ever seen in any game. 

Arenanet needs to identify that in Conquest games, even though people complain about stealth in general, we still have to come out of stealth to take or defend nodes. But in those 3s arenas there are no nodes to force a reason to leave perma stealth cycling, which will result in exactly what I've already described. No one is going to enjoy this, and it will result in by far the most narrow viability in play options we've ever seen in any patching or any mode, as well as the lowest participation rates of any pvp season to date. With new titans on the verge of release like Diablo 4 on June 6th, Arenanet needs to give some real attention to glaring problems like this or GW2 pvp really will be actually dead come around July.

The point being is that this ****show that's about to happen in the next 3s season will have nothing to do with Necromancer.

As usual with people like you, you guys keep talking about the same 20 to 25 players who wintrade and have the majority of top 50 spots as their alts. For some reason these top 20 players game's impression are more important than the other couple hundreds who plays pvp.

Beside that, what you describe there has barely anything to do with balance but with coordonated gank. Is it stupid? Yes, can Anet do anything about it beside implementing reveal on cast? No. Those type of gameplay you describe is not even about playing. It's about denying the oppenent "the right" to play. As long as they will be CC, team stealth, and immob those type of gameplay will always exist. That's a lost battle.

• Confused 6

15 minutes ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

I find it interesting that none of you who disagree have yet come to an argument of why I'm wrong. It's either ad hominem attacks or moving the goalposts.

Gw2 forum's community in a nutshell 👏👏👏

I've done nothing but support you.

• Haha 2

Some things on necro do to much damage with out much of an animation. My main issue is spinal shivers there shouldn't be a trait that does the same thing even if it does less damage none crits, it lazy and redundant development.

I also would like some of there hp and condi damage tuned down. Condi clears are a finenight resource endless condi spam needs small damage nerf. 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Some things on necro do to much damage with out much of an animation. My main issue is spinal shivers there shouldn't be a trait that does the same thing even if it does less damage none crits, it lazy and redundant development.

I also would like some of there hp and condi damage tuned down. Condi clears are a finenight resource endless condi spam needs small damage nerf. 

Animations in general needs a revamp. This isn't specific to necro. Every class but arguably warrior has this issue for various reasons. There needs to be patches that address this eventually. 

For condis, Necro should output more condis than we can cleanse. Otherwise, they're a useless class that will never kill you provided you manage your resources right. 

That means you'll have moments when you die with more condis on your bar than you can deal with. It means you'll have moments where you cleanse condis and they're quickly reapplied.  It's annoying, but it's how things should be. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 6

.--Necromancer Profession- God of Death and Conditions-Cold--

--Lore, Identity and History of  Necromancer Profession Conditions/Reaper--

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_necromancer_skills

1. Bitter Chill= Spell. Deals cold damage.

2. Deathly Chill= Deals cold damage

3. Fetid Ground= Deals cold damage

4. Icy Veins= Deals cold damage

5.  Shivers of Dread= Hex spell- Cold damage

6.  Spinal Shivers= Hex spell- Cold damage

7. Toxic Chill= Elite spell- Deals cold damage

Grenth

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Grenth

"And rumbled then the earth from far below, and with a terrible groan, split open. The ground grew white with frost and ice, and from forth the frozen earth spilled the rotted, skeletal minions of Grenth."

Reaper of Grenth

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper_of_Grenth

"Become a Reaper of Grenth, chilling and poisoning nearby foes."

Reaper

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper

"My scythe, it thirsts..."

"The reaper is a harbinger of death, cleaving through multiple foes at once. Utilize your Reaper's Shroud, chilling your foes gaining access to a spectral scythe to cut down all who stand in your way."

Anet intentionally holding Necromancer Profession back from reaching their full potential 

Necromancer Profession in the end, always would get their cold conditions nerfed while other Professions are freely free to abuse and exploit other conditions at will, without any consequences or punishments whatsoever. 

Necromancer Profession whose conditions are part of their identity and root; will be once again, claim the title of

-Guild Wars 2: Scapegoat Profession-

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1