Catalyst hammer QoL

Ragnarox.9601

I was stuck in the walls,texture so many times so I propose this qol feature for hammer:

Make air 4th skill with no knockback 

Make air 5th skill jump to certain location

Like a fix for guardian hammer when you banish someone you have a window of few sec to use mighty blow to teleport to your target.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And water 5 should heal, or at least for every condition you cure it gives you 250 or 300 heal in all game modes.

air 4 should stay the same except knockback that should go away, and air 5 should be  aoe stun jump (combo blast).

earth 4 should block on 2 sec not only 1 attack. 

And thats it..I could wear hammer all the times instead of daggers and scepter.

Edited by Ragnarox.9601

Dear diary,

It's been over one year since End of Dragons has dropped and yet Elementalists still didn't get elite specialization up to this day.
I slowly start to lose faith that one day we're gonna have something good that actually changes our playstyles as A-net has promised before Heart of Thorns was released. 
People saying that Craptalyst is elite specialization, yet I fail to see how putting a field on F5 makes it completely different playstyle to core or how Auras that is a domain of Tempest is something innovative and amazing.
Here we are, with half-kitten design that gave us Hammer, our fragile hands used to cast spells so powerful that damage was enough to make everyone die from laughter. now it requires us to hit a gym to properly wield that weird barbaric tool of smash. 
Not only it demands full attention to make sure that our circle of disappointment is up 24/7, but also to confirm that our skills with massive range of 600 units will hit stationary mob while also avoiding everything to not die to sneeze.
I have lost count how many times I've travelled through the ground with front farting skill, I feel nothing more than pure embarrassment, white mobs mock me, I've become laughing stock to them.
After many months I've discovered that they gave us Stance skills that require extra steps to get full benefits, they've named them "Augment" for some reason.
Deploying Jade Spehere is quite nice, I finally have some friends to play with, yet is quite disappointing how little they offer, they can't dance, talk or even make sandwich, why we have them? Based on real humans I guess, useless and still need to pay attention where they are.
Finally, after long trial and error I effectively kill my enemies, it feels great to actually play this game for once. My positioning, skills usage and tactics matter a lot, it feels great to use my brain, my neurons are fired up with excitement, I should've rerolled to Rifle Mechanist long ago.

Yours truly,
Elementalist Main

tl;dr
Lmao, just rework that bs spec from scratch.
It's such disappointment on so many levels...

Edited by TrollingDemigod.3041
F
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

They should merge hammer skill 3 with the f5 (so we finally would maybe see catalyst with something else than a hammer in pve)

Make a lower treshhold for Empowered Empowerment , that wouldn't be op as big players can almost maintain 10 stacks all the time , but player like me who struggle with this tight , no room , no mistake rotation could do way better.

And ofc skill 4 from air is just an april fool skill , you cc your target , so it's time to deal some damage to it , but no , knock you back at 600 range and if there is a wall between you and that range you will be part of the map as a living piece of art ...

And franckly i understood why sphere cost energy when they had a 5sec cd , but now that they are on a 15 sec cd ... you can franckly get rid off that crappy mechanic , after that if cata overperforms , just add an extra cd to sphere cooldown , but needing to manage your energy (with that weird 5 sec of no gain after a  sphere launch) , EE stacks , hammer skill 3 , augments in the right sphere , what else ? ah yes we can play with conjured weapon to add  spice on the already spicy meal ...

And give elementalist players -25% off keyboard and mouses , when i play it i feel like i am destroying my keyboard.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

the hammer 3 skills should never have been a weapon skill. those should have been tied to the elite spec mechanic.
air 4 self yeet is still beyond annoying
earth 4 blocking only 1 attack when most situations you dont just get attacked once is just stupid
and so much more. the entire spec itself continues to be a dumpster fire with so much feedback given just being ignored.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

the hammer 3 skills should never have been a weapon skill. those should have been tied to the elite spec mechanic.
air 4 self yeet is still beyond annoying
earth 4 blocking only 1 attack when most situations you dont just get attacked once is just stupid
and so much more. the entire spec itself continues to be a dumpster fire with so much feedback given just being ignored.

#3 is not that bad, but air #4 is really bad 70% times it bugs you out in some random wall or something this should never be a knockback for yourself.

air #5 should be some air jump or some better animation than some "blast of lightning" which isn't even a blast.

water #5 as I said before should have some kind of heal tied to removing conditions.

earth #4 skill should block attacks for 2,3 sec

plus I would add air #2 to be not tied to the animation....its way worse than tempest overload but tied to one ground location...

and maybe increase range of fire and air to 750 units.

This is QoL for hammer.  But hey it took 10 years to fix guardian hammer banish and mighty blow...so maybe in 2033?

Edited by Ragnarox.9601

what's rough is that there's almost no way to gap close when you land the cc with air 4. If the enemy is 300-600 units away, and you use air 4, you knock them down at that location and blast yourself back 600 units. (assuming the skill works as intended). Now you're 900-1200 units away from your target. If we take a look at our gap closers, we can see that arcane flash is our best bet to get back in range. Assuming it's not up, or we don't have it on our utility bar, the next best thing is to use water 4.. but water 4 only has 600 range and could potentially waste the valuable heal.

I don't think anet made this skill to be an engage skill..

As for our utilities, i'd like to see relentless fire and shattering ice be instant cast. the 1/4 cast time is unnecessary. or maybe make it instant cast if the related jade sphere attribute is deployed? 

I'd like to see hammer 3 skills give us an aura on the first cast of our coil. (only on the first cast, if our coil is already going, then no aura is gained)

I'd like to see the projectile speed increased for air 5, better yet, replace that skill with a 600 range teleport+stun.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kyraios.8954 said:

what's rough is that there's almost no way to gap close when you land the cc with air 4. If the enemy is 300-600 units away, and you use air 4, you knock them down at that location and blast yourself back 600 units. (assuming the skill works as intended). Now you're 900-1200 units away from your target. If we take a look at our gap closers, we can see that arcane flash is our best bet to get back in range. Assuming it's not up, or we don't have it on our utility bar, the next best thing is to use water 4.. but water 4 only has 600 range and could potentially waste the valuable heal.

I don't think anet made this skill to be an engage skill..

As for our utilities, i'd like to see relentless fire and shattering ice be instant cast. the 1/4 cast time is unnecessary. or maybe make it instant cast if the related jade sphere attribute is deployed? 

I'd like to see hammer 3 skills give us an aura on the first cast of our coil. (only on the first cast, if our coil is already going, then no aura is gained)

I'd like to see the projectile speed increased for air 5, better yet, replace that skill with a 600 range teleport+stun.

yea air #5 should be some teleport in and stun. I would like some flashy teleport like dropping from the sky like some lightning bolt or some big orb of lightning droping to the ground. 

or they could leave knockback of air #4 but make air #5 teleport by 1200 units. 

Edited by Ragnarox.9601

2 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

yea air #5 should be some teleport in and stun. I would like some flashy teleport like dropping from the sky like some lightning bolt or some big orb of lightning droping to the ground. 

A special animation for hammer ele? Are you insane? Only the most boring skill effects reuse is allowed there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2023 at 10:15 PM, Ragnarox.9601 said:

I was stuck in the walls,texture so many times so I propose this qol feature for hammer:

Make air 4th skill with no knockback 

Make air 5th skill jump to certain location

Like a fix for guardian hammer when you banish someone you have a window of few sec to use mighty blow to teleport to your target.

How do you think Thief feels, we're forced to spam skills that knock us backwards into walls. I begged for Scepter/Pistol 3 and Pistol/Dagger 3's knockback to be removed or controlled manually through holding movement key while using it but it hasn't and will never happen it seems. If they actually did your request it'd be major, extreme bias.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

It was just confirmed by one of the devs in Teapot's stream that Air Hammer 4 is changing to not have a self-knockback and give superspeed instead. 

Source

I hope not, that would be worse... hammer needs more movement abilities not fewer....

superspeed is nice and all but a distant second to rapid movement abilities. the only issue with Air #4 is the inconsistency of the self-knockback depending on the range of your target.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

I hope not, that would be worse... hammer needs more movement abilities not fewer....

superspeed is nice and all but a distant second to rapid movement abilities. the only issue with Air #4 is the inconsistency of the self-knockback depending on the range of your target.

I think it's still for the best. You techncally want to use that skill for CC as well, so it's really annoying that you launch yourself backwards if you do. In competitive modes, it means you can't quite capitalize on it. Using Air 2 or 5 afterwards is also hard to aim because you're being rocketted back at lightspeed

• Like 3