Mesmer Trolls

Hey Anet... can you some how make mesmer portals/white mantal portals not dropable near world boss portals? for example Triple Trouble, trolls drop the portals and get people killed by dropping them off cliffs... or when your trying to pick up the event loot, this trolling is getting so Frikkin anouying. 

Edited by XgoroX.6920
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Noone said they are the original quote was troll and that is a race.

Sorry... I misunderstood what the poster was saying? I thought they were talking about Mesmer's.  Don't think they were talking about having an actual troll to play... I think you will find that they were talking about Mesmer portals and 'trolling'.

Edited by Lanfear De Noir.9127
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11

6 minutes ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

Sorry... I misunderstood what the poster was saying? I thought they were talking about Mesmer's.  Don't think they were talking about having an actual troll to play... I think you will find that they were talking about Mesmer portals and 'trolling'.

It is good to follow the quotes.

3 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

Troll is not a playable race in GW2

Well there's permastealth thief 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well there's permastealth thief 🤷‍♂️

how is thief a race?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You learn to pause before interacting, especially at TT.  It's been annoying for a long time, but is what it is.  

i've been playing sense beta... this isn't a new thing, i'm just proposing an idea to stop them from trolling.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Just pay attention what you're interacting with.

it was an idea to stop the trolls from being able to pull that kinda crap... they think its funny others think is beyond anouying, so i proposed a way around it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, XgoroX.6920 said:

it was an idea to stop the trolls from being able to pull that kinda crap... they think its funny others think is beyond anouying, so i proposed a way around it.

Yea all is good until Anet implement your fix and do it around all chest making mesmer portals on jump puzzles obsolete.

Be careful what you wish for mate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

They won't do anything about the trolling at loot chests since its technically inconsequential, however if they're dropping portals at events and messing up the events that's considered griefing and is against the terms of service. If you can find out who the Mesmer is who dropped it then report them.

Players aren't allowed to interfere with the progress of other players in actual gameplay, especially if it somehow conflicts with what the developers intended you to do.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, XgoroX.6920 said:

i've been playing sense beta... this isn't a new thing, i'm just proposing an idea to stop them from trolling.

You've been playing since Beta and are only now coming to the forums to complain about this?  I've not been playing as long, but even I -- a filthy casual -- am able to watch what I'm clicking on and have not been trolled by these actions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

Portals in the air? That's new one for me. Sounds like gliding or skyscale/griffon midair mounting mastery would be handy there. 

The only meta where I managed to click these portals multiple times was at the end of Drizzlewood in the fortress where someone did this at the chest locations. After the 3rd time I was bit annoyed, but still have to admire the effort it took to find the little nooks and crannies in the map where the TPd players would get stuck. /gg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, XgoroX.6920 said:

I agree, it's annoying, and ideally they should have set a limit to how close novelties and portals could be to a chest.   But it's a decade old game, and this topic has been suggested fairly often.   

I have played for five years, and after the misfortune of clicking a portal a couple of times and an aviator box once, I learned to look before I leap.  It's unlikely to change, but never hurts to ask I suppose.

9 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

lol this thread got interesting fast

Not really, but this thread really show peoples colors.

The poor mesmer is racially profiled as a troll because he is stealthily challenged but the thief can just avoid it because no one can see him.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1