Mesmer Trolls

52 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

anet made items to specifically troll other players like that aviator thing. you think they care?

"I don't like one of the ways the tool/toy can be used, which means that tool/toy is specifically made to do just that"?

Nonsense.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

On 5/7/2023 at 12:43 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Yea all is good until Anet implement your fix and do it around all chest making mesmer portals on jump puzzles obsolete.

Be careful what you wish for mate.

whats wrong with that? force people to actually play the game... what a shame

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

t

On 5/14/2023 at 8:20 AM, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I agree the troll portaling is a nuisance, but I think we have to just accept it as it is. As someone already mentioned, enforcing proximity limits on portals by chests could invalidate the very positive JP-portaling cottage industry this game has, and the chatbox/text cues could fall somewhere between easily missed/useless and spammy annoyance. There's already a fairly noticeable audio cue for the portal.

It would be nice to get everything we want in the game, but some things just seem obviously not worth the effort for the studio. As long as that list of things doesn't get too long, I'll live with it.

and stopping mesmer portals to JPs, that were meant to be played not skipped... oh boy playing a gam not just cheating it... who'd of thought

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 5/7/2023 at 3:19 AM, disco.9302 said:

How can people be this fragile?

1 - the portal isn't automatic, it's something you have to interact with to activate. Don't spam "f" mindlessly.

2 - if it ruins your game/day that says more about you than any player placing portals.

no i just proposed a way to stop toxic people from annouying normal people, and someone like you saying just deal with it are just as bad as the toxic trolls pullin this crap.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 5/16/2023 at 2:19 AM, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

I say leave it in, make the range to interact with a portal even bigger, have it last even longer, and set the maximum amount of people that can go through it to 100 up from 20.

ˡᵉᵍᵃˡ ʰᵃˢ ᵃᵈᵛᶦˢᵉᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵃ ʲᵒᵏᵉ

i never said get rid of portals... just make it to where you can't use them in range of items you have to click on to get loot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, XgoroX.6920 said:

and stopping mesmer portals to JPs, that were meant to be played not skipped... oh boy playing a gam not just cheating it... who'd of thought

Well we were meant to walk from place to place in the game, so the very existence of a portal is cheating.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Well we were meant to walk from place to place in the game, so the very existence of a portal is cheating.

fair point... i'm just saying people trolling with portals is annouying as all hell... and proposed a way around it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Lore-wise, a mesmer is a master in illusion, deception and chaos. It's in their blood that they love to trick others. It's their nature that they like to do pranks. I also find it annoying at first and then after some time I was like, nah, mesmers will be mesmers.

But if there's anything that can be touched, I'd say the interaction priority.

If you don't know what I say: let's say, there's a chest or some rock you can pick up on the ground, and someone was downed near that object, when you get near your interaction key would more likely to prompt you to revive them than to loot or pick up stuffs. That's because reviving someone has a higher priority. If you really want to pick up that rock so bad you'd have to click that rock with your pointer first.

Maybe lower player portals' priority level a whee bit?

I don't support this change, though. Like I said, mesmers will be mesmers.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:01 AM, Raffrey.5271 said:

Lore-wise, a mesmer is a master in illusion, deception and chaos. It's in their blood that they love to trick others. It's their nature that they like to do pranks. I also find it annoying at first and then after some time I was like, nah, mesmers will be mesmers.

But if there's anything that can be touched, I'd say the interaction priority.

If you don't know what I say: let's say, there's a chest or some rock you can pick up on the ground, and someone was downed near that object, when you get near your interaction key would more likely to prompt you to revive them than to loot or pick up stuffs. That's because reviving someone has a higher priority. If you really want to pick up that rock so bad you'd have to click that rock with your pointer first.

Maybe lower player portals' priority level a whee bit?

I don't support this change, though. Like I said, mesmers will be mesmers.

Sounds like changing the priority would help a lot. Wouldn't hurt legitimate portal use, but people getting trolled would at least have a high chance of getting their loot first.

• Sad 1

• 7 months later...
58 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

Simple solution is requiring you to be in the same party / squad as the mesmer. Yes, I'm aware this is a post necro. No, I don't care.

Did a portal really make you go searching for this topic? kitten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One moment you are picking up the chest and the other some mesmer pirate is making you walk the magic "plank" into the void ocean under the map. Yarrr! Xd  

I kinda find it funny.

Remember that if portals will be useable only while in squad, many (if not most) of this JP helping mesmers will turn into JP sellers. @Okhu.7948 Xd

• Like 1