Time to talk about gun flame in WvW?

7 minutes ago, connor.2180 said:

In my opinion the only thing that needs addressing is the reflect bug. Gun flame is a predictable one trick pony that invests so much utility into its burst that it's very easy to focus. I think it's in a good spot at the moment you can get kills with it but it's not game breaking OP like some people suggest. It only does a bit more damage than a sic em burst and no one's complaining about that. 

It is on much lower cd and harder to counter than sic'em burst.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I think 1500 range on gunflame is to much. Its needs to be 1200 range. But if that's the case, all the lb skills on ranger needs to be 1200 too, same for DE. It's simply not fair that one class can stand at a safe distance and hit u, and u cant even retaliate do to lack of range. As fare as the dmg goes, i really dont see the issue. Cause if it was as OP as ppl claim. There would be a lot more of them around, but there really isnt. It's just a high risk, high reward meme build, like sick em SB. Plenty of other classes atm that are WAY more OP. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

I think 1500 range on gunflame is to much. Its needs to be 1200 range. But if that's the case, all the lb skills on ranger needs to be 1200 too, same for DE. It's simply not fair that one class can stand at a safe distance and hit u, and u cant even retaliate do to lack of range. As fare as the dmg goes, i really dont see the issue. Cause if it was as OP as ppl claim. There would be a lot more of them around, but there really isnt. It's just a high risk, high reward meme build, like sick em SB. Plenty of other classes atm that are WAY more OP. 

I've seen Warrior Profession: Gunflame hitting for 58k damage. Gunflame damage is even surpassing (nerf ) Thief Profession: Deadeye 50k damage. What makes Gunflame worse than Deadedye (nerf) damage is, it is targeting multiple targets at once.

In other word; it is one shotting multiple targets.

I am beyond baffled that Anet did not even CARE to include a damage nerf in May patch.

-This one shotting Kitten Balance is either going to be addressed in June patch or I will end my 11 years+ Toxic relationship with this game-

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

And here I thought Bladesworn was suppose to be the new hard hitting elite spec, didn't they show it doing 500k damage in one shot in pve? 🤭🍿

Doesn't seem right to me that skills in perfect scenarios(max boon vulnerability stacks, damage multipliers etc) are hitting for 2-3x more than the maximum hit points of players. That means there's a greater range for those skills to one shot when not in the perfect scenario.

Personally I never liked the idea of one shots that aren't "skill shots", you get it from headshots in shooters, and that really should only exist for skills that require manual aiming in tab/auto targeting games that don't have "headshots". But I know my balance philosophy is way different than anet's. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

That DE hizen vid is 5 years old. From when he use to troll toxic plebs in wvw. Funny af btw 😂 Its been nerfed a lot since then. There are plenty of other builds that can do what gunflame dos. Such as full glass grenade scrapper and sick em SB. I LOVE that u can still have some fun with these types of builds in 2023. Wvw is in such sad state atm. Now or days builds are focused on outsustaining ur enemy, rather then actually killing them. It's boring af. Dodging is basically a none exsisting skill now. U ever seen these boon baller players 1v1? U can run around every bl twice, and they will still be locked in a never ending sustain grudge match 😮‍💨 

MORE HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD MEME BUILDS PLZ!

• Like 8
  • Confused 5

It needs a proper telegraph. The average gunflame berserker only has 2 braincells so they will fire it off instantly upon entering zerk then heal to do it again but it actually has the exact same wind up animation as the auto attack just slightly slower but not really noticeable especially not when coming from 1500 range from the middle of a blob. This also makes it stupidly easy to bait dodges against players that are aware of the threat by just auto attacking some random number of times before hitting gunflame so they waste their first dodge and are less inclined to dodge the actual gunflame since it looks just like another auto.

Edited by ArthurDent.9538
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The only thing it needs is for the bug to be fixed. Every profession has a spike build, they have their place. Dodge the spike and sneeze on them.

Also, please stop posting vids from before Feb2020 when discussing damage. Nothing hits like that anymore.

"History Repeats Itself, Especially When You Ignore It"

"Those Who Ignore History Are In For A Big Surprise!!.’”

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Not sure what is more shocking, the fact you believe that 11 year old videos make for good arguments, or your bastardization of Karl Marx quote essentially not understanding its meaning.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You need arms for the signet of ferocity procs. 

Arms is very little damage increase. 500 Ferocity is  33% crit damage which is only around 13% damage when you crit. Add the 5% crit chance modifier there, and you're talking maximum 17% damage from 1 traitline.

Compare this to for example Discipline that has 3% from having swiftness, 7% for burst skills and 3% per enemy boon (so average of 18%). Strength has 1 trait that already gives 21%.

Now I am not saying arms is bad because it gives extra signets, but it does have 3 traits that do nothing (Grandmaster included)

Edited by Riba.3271

16 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Arms is very little damage increase. 500 Ferocity is  33% crit damage which is only around 13% damage when you crit. Add the 5% crit chance modifier there, and you're talking maximum 17% damage from 1 traitline.

Compare this to for example Discipline that has 3% from having swiftness, 7% for burst skills and 3% per enemy boon (so average of 18%). Strength has 1 trait that already gives 21%.

Now I am not saying arms is bad because it gives extra signets, but it does have 3 traits that do nothing (Grandmaster included)

GM trait ensures the crit, which is 33% higher due to the signet trait.

8 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Toxic People Criticize, Exploit, Belittle And Degrade Us Because They Are Either Envious, Jealous Or Insecure About Us, And They Feel Threatened In Some Matter" 

Fanatic:

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

14 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

The philosophy you use is correct, but using older video after 7 years of changes, not so sure it supports your points. Gunflame had its day, can still hit hard when using everything and leaving no defense versus paper builds. But is not the same as it was in the day of the video evidence when there were also bugs that had the impact land on entry and exit of the target.

37 minutes ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Here we go again... someone else throwing shade at warrior.

Your feedback is welcome in this thread.

However, I am looking for constructive, non-toxic, feedback and dialogue within the community.

Explain why you have frustration, and give your view on the long-term bug of gunflame, and the other suggestions. 

I haven't thrown "shade" at any profession within the game, the thread title is a question for the community. 

Edited by Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Every profession has spike builds. They are a part of the ecosystem, Gunflame included.

What is missing from discussions like this is the lack of acknowledgement that WvW is a place that under geared players are allowed to walk into.

Against 1900 armor, sure after modifiers you can get up to 30k on many spike builds, but if the target has cele gear or even more defensive gear, damage reduction food, protection, etc then that gets reduced by great deal. 

In this thread's regard, fix the bug.

• Confused 1