Tf?

dead.7638

From the preview I saw.   This is embarrassing.   Same old buffs to favorites while everyone else literally has to respec entire builds.   This is just incompetence at this point.   Sorry but not buying it anymore.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

Can you elaborate? As a PvP/WvW player I'm pretty fine with it.

I'd recommend to get a pair of glasses and look at CMC favorite class and what it gets every patch.

Meanwhile the usual mesmer nerfs are dispatched.

P.S A long ago promised "autoprocs" traits to be removed - hello from inspi defender, and stealth on dueling 90/120s cd respectively.

@Cal Cohen.2358 how about you finally follow your own promise and fix it ?

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2

Just now, semak.7481 said:

I'd recommend to get a pair of glasses and look at CMC favorite class amd what it gets every patch

Admittedly I only read through the Mesmer changes and only watched the Mesmer part of the stream 🙂

But honestly, whatever. Don't really care what others "get", Mesmer changes went in the right direction across the board and that's good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

37 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

I'd recommend to get a pair of glasses and look at CMC favorite class and what it gets every patch.

P.S A long ago promised "autoprocs" traits to be removed - hello from inspi defender, and stealth on dueling 90/120s cd respectively.

Basically.  Ele got some good buffs but definitely didn't need as much as they received.

Edited by phokus.8934
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

Basically.  Ele got some good buffs but definitely didn't need as much as they received.

We aren't exactly throwing a party over our changes either... As per usual, we got nothing that we asked for, a few tweaks that might get a, "eh, that's okay I guess," and just like every other class, a forum full of people wondering what game the developers are playing. 

• Like 6

They are alright changes but for mirage to wait 3 years to be viable and get the lazy way of returning the dodge is a bit underwhelming... The mirage has been held hostage for years for seemingly no reason as the changes that made it live were suggested in the very begining when they first removed the dodge.

Chrono got some questionable changes and primarily PVE ones... Whats up with Flow of Time and Seize the Moment even - copy paste the same efect for 2 traits, no clas has ever had such dumb double effect? Why are those traits the only ones that didnt get any actual numbers on the boons they would provide? Why are wells with lowered cooldown in PVE?

Why is Chaos gutted again??? What is the internal cooldown of Auspicious anguish? The only use of Escape artist is to avoid doubling up Seize the Moment and Phantasmal haste, but it is still wild idea, also how long is the distortion?

Why is Unstable Bladestorm getting the ground target treatment when and not Phantasmal Warden ;-; ? Is the power coeficient of Bladesong Requiem increased in any way??? Jagged mind still gets overshadowed by Bladeturn Refrain and Infinite forgery is still useless in all gamemodes 

Not to mention that every other class got the cooldown reduction for all of their skills but master of manipulation conviniently left out blink and illusion of life out of the cooldown buffs... and what the kitten is Temporal Enchanter for????

I just.... there are so many questions that I cant find answers to and it sucks

Edited by Gesbo.6420
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

Admittedly I only read through the Mesmer changes and only watched the Mesmer part of the stream 🙂

But honestly, whatever. Don't really care what others "get", Mesmer changes went in the right direction across the board and that's good.

Chronomancer's special weapon is the Shield and skills are the Wells.

I was fine with the DPS being about spamming Phantasms and Quickness DPS spamming illusions for shatters... Essentially the same thing but can be slightly different... But it is just using the Core Mesmer abilities even though you have the ability to use them twice with the shatter.

But I really liked that Alacrity actually would have encouraged using Shield and the Wells allowing for a defensive support.

I was REALLY hoping they would have let Chrono have a viable defensive support Alacrity build... It was mostly just lacking uptime on boons... But they decided to completely destroy that possibility and only allow the Chrono to have the DPS role.

Now there will be ZERO gameplay difference between any Mesmer DPS or Support builds. The only difference between builds will be which Grandmaster trait and how much Concentration you include in equipment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suppose if you liked playing wells than yes, this might kill your play style. And it is of course perfecly valid to be unhappy about that. However, it is worth mentioning that all we've seen on the forums over the past year (at the very least) was PvE chronos complainging about how awfull it is to be locked into wells and how terribly they are designed. Now I don't really play PvE so I don't really care, but I'm not sure how to resolve this issue when some people hate wells while others want it to be the meta for chrono. One group has to give...

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

I suppose if you liked playing wells than yes, this might kill your play style. And it is of course perfecly valid to be unhappy about that. However, it is worth mentioning that all we've seen on the forums over the past year (at the very least) was PvE chronos complainging about how awfull it is to be locked into wells and how terribly they are designed. Now I don't really play PvE so I don't really care, but I'm not sure how to resolve this issue when some people hate wells while others want it to be the meta for chrono.

give them the 20 sec cooldowns that they all have now and put effects like alls well that ends well over each tick and maybe make the 3 second wait for an actual effect really worth while... oh give them some actual unifying trait like all wells be retargetable for example...

Edited by Gesbo.6420

3 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

What is CMC's favorite class?

I'm not tuned in on the gossip about the developers.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

I suppose if you liked playing wells than yes, this might kill your play style. And it is of course perfecly valid to be unhappy about that. However, it is worth mentioning that all we've seen on the forums over the past year (at the very least) was PvE chronos complainging about how awfull it is to be locked into wells and how terribly they are designed. Now I don't really play PvE so I don't really care, but I'm not sure how to resolve this issue when some people hate wells while others want it to be the meta for chrono. One group has to give...

The Wells definitely are problematic because of the splits of when boons are generated.

Alacrity is generated at the start of the Wells but every other boon or condition is generated at the final pulse.

I do think it's an interesting idea for Chronos to be rewarded for having people in the well at the end of the duration.

But I think they would work much better if the boons were spread out across the pulses more.

Instead of the Healing well ONLY healing at the end and doing nothing before. Give 5 seconds of Regen or Barrier for each pulse then a big heal if you're in the Well at the end.

Well of Action instead of only provide its might at the end provide lesser amounts of might on each pulse with a greater amount as well as something else on the final pulse.

Really what I think the Chrono needed was just more access to Aegis, Protection, and Stability that were not tied to DPS Phantasms or shattering.

1 hour ago, Helgaley.3619 said:

We aren't exactly throwing a party over our changes either... As per usual, we got nothing that we asked for, a few tweaks that might get a, "eh, that's okay I guess," and just like every other class, a forum full of people wondering what game the developers are playing. 

Can't wait to endure another patch cycle of thinking I'm good at Weaver before getting slam-dunked by a Willbender. Still no ammo based conjures, we're still in a codependent relationship with Celestial because we die as soon as an enemy sneezes in our general direction, otherwise (I still refuse to use that stat type), and I smell yet another Dragon Tooth nerf in the future because apparently the most telegraphed ability "forces out dodges" when that literally describes every single target ability, even the ones that are impossible to react to.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Weaver skillbar bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Edited by TheJmandude.1548

1 hour ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Why is Chaos gutted again???

For me that's the only one that seems like an obviouse mistake. No idea what the issue with chaos is all of a sudden. I understand why Virtuoso has had its sustain lowered, but why kill chaos, a trait line other specs use too.

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know why Temporal Curtain got its range nerfed? Seems like it will be significantly less effective for keeping enemies away from my Virt and clumping them under Rain of Swords.

I'm terrible at theorycraft. None of these changes are going to touch last year's Solar "I Hate Axe" changes for Mirage, are they?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The biggest problem I see here is that they are not testing as they should and only try to figure out things by trying out the changes themselves in their own dev environment. I am not aware of any beta program that involves actual players happening on a constant basis. Theoretically, a good release cycle should follow the principle of testing in a sandbox environment where clients (meaning players) have a chance to try out the upcoming changes and discuss with the devs about what they think. There should be a permanent beta server where beta testers can log in and play the thing. Rather now it's a very autocratic and trial & error kind of thing they are doing. Very amateurish from a dev team. 

As for the Mesmer changes .. not much to say just that it's in line with what we've been expecting: a list of nerfs to get 1 dodge back to Mirage in competitive mode and clueless devs about what to do with Chronomancer. 

Edited by Seneca.6319
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

What is CMC's favorite class?

I'm not tuned in on the gossip about the developers.

Catalyst.

Go play WvW or PvP, you'll see them being invulnerable one shotting people winning 1v5s and 1v10s with mobility, utility and damage superior to everyone else while sacrificing nothing to achieve that damage (full celestial usually).

It's not gossip at this point.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

You can blame forums and reddit for this, not cmc 🙂 all of the cry babies asking for their second dodge on mirage or alac for scourge.. Knowing anets balance philosophy it was obvious there will be nerfs and trade offs to fullfill those "wishes"

Low quality bait... You could have done better tbh...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2023 at 9:27 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Anyone know why Temporal Curtain got its range nerfed? Seems like it will be significantly less effective for keeping enemies away from my Virt and clumping them under Rain of Swords.

I'm terrible at theorycraft. None of these changes are going to touch last year's Solar "I Hate Axe" changes for Mirage, are they?

"To reduce the range for its effectiveness"

They making it clunky for everyone because a couple mesmers in a 50 man zerg use it to pull people into a bomb.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

"To reduce the range for its effectiveness"

They making it clunky for everyone because a couple mesmers in a 50 man zerg use it to pull people into a bomb.

Was it stronger than all the other pulls for that?

Seems so weird, since it's functioned at 900 range for almost 11 years, but now it's a problem?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Was it stronger than all the other pulls for that?

Seems so weird, since it's functioned at 900 range for almost 11 years, but now it's a problem?

The problem is they keep hiring people without the skill set(s) to think big picture.  And they keep hiring people who have inherent biases in game modes which is clear as day with these changes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1