Now that we will be able to move with Flurry

Zekent.3652

11 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Can you guys do the same thing for Hundred Blades? Please.

Would literally be a dream come true. People have been asking for this QOL change for years though so I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Girth.9731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Girth.9731 said:

Would literally a dream come true. People have been asking for this QOL change for years though so I'm not holding my breath.

The dream seems closer and more real than, hold it my warrior brothers, it's almost there.

• Haha 4

For Flurry they can simply copy&paste the animation from Flaming Flurry, minus some particle effects I guess, and they can ship it like that. But for a mobile version of Hundred Blades the game has no animation that would fit, at least as far as I know. So I'm not going to get my hopes up.

15 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

For Flurry they can simply copy&paste the animation from Flaming Flurry, minus some particle effects I guess, and they can ship it like that. But for a mobile version of Hundred Blades the game has no animation that would fit, at least as far as I know. So I'm not going to get my hopes up.

There's a similar Hammer Catalyst skills that works like a movable HB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anet reduced the cast time of the wrong skill, the spiny spin on arc divider is fun the I sit on a spot and flail around Hundred blades is not Fun .
The thing is they are making the balance on spreadsheet with cold hard math, which is good on the metrics but now they are ruining the Cool factor. It happened with Bladesworn the Iaido kitten is cool the rest of the kit not so much and has that clunky feeling in between big bursts. 
I think people prefer the cool factor over min maxed optimized rotation even if the cool one does 3k less dps or something, case and point people played Reaper when it was the lowest dps build, why cause spin to win is Cool.

• Like 2

Hundred Blades’ problem isn’t the root. It’s the fact that it does 2% more damage than our auto attack. If you can move than it is literally the same as auto attack. More than movement, it needs respectable damage by either accelerating the animation or increasing the modifiers, or some combination of the two. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

There's a similar Hammer Catalyst skills that works like a movable HB.

Can confirm, it literally does have a skill like this. Its also the same animation but faster and half the hits. So they can 100% change Hundred Blades to be mobile...

21 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Hundred Blades’ problem isn’t the root. It’s the fact that it does 2% more damage than our auto attack. If you can move than it is literally the same as auto attack. More than movement, it needs respectable damage by either accelerating the animation or increasing the modifiers, or some combination of the two. 

I mean objectively its both. You are rarely going to output its full damage given how slow it is and Warriors sources of Quickness tend to have to replace other essentials needed in competitive modes.

Making it mobile while also making it by default faster would be a great QoL change that would actually make it a more consistently viable method of outputting damage in any given fight in competitive modes.

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

What if...

What if it both allowed you to move AND did more damage than the auto attack?

🤯🤯🤯

I dare to dream. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ferus.3165 said:

now if anet somehow manages to make sword 2 hit reliably and speed up or increase the range of sword 3 slightly then sword mh could actually be a decent weapon.

This. I think increasing the range of Flurry and Final Thrust, even to just 180, would make a big difference in sword's functionality 

14 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

This. I think increasing the range of Flurry and Final Thrust, even to just 180, would make a big difference in sword's functionality 

What about making sword 3 a line-based forward dash (like a discount dragon slash 2 or sorta like whirlwind) that stabs through people and moves you forward 300-450 range? I feel baking a small bit more mobility into sword’s kit would make it really fun. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

What about making sword 3 a line-based forward dash (like a discount dragon slash 2 or sorta like whirlwind) that stabs through people and moves you forward 300-450 range? I feel baking a small bit more mobility into sword’s kit would make it really fun. 

Totally agree. I would love have FT be a dash. In previous threads I've suggested something similar (usually swapping places with Flurry and making FT the new burst skill). This would be my dream scenario.

But, assuming that they don't want to put more time/energy into reworking the skill completely, a range increase would certainly help.

36 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Totally agree. I would love have FT be a dash. In previous threads I've suggested something similar (usually swapping places with Flurry and making FT the new burst skill). This would be my dream scenario.

But, assuming that they don't want to put more time/energy into reworking the skill completely, a range increase would certainly help.

I think we’ve had this exact discussion before, actually. Now that flurry is unrooted, I don’t see a real reason to swap it with FT anymore. Or at least a lot of the reason has been reduced.

With that kind of change, I could see sword becoming a powerful competitor with axe and dagger for a Mainhand, especially with the flurry buffs. 

• Like 1

MH sword becoming a decent MH cleave weapon would be interesting. Axe has held the spot for ages and outside of Axe 2, there is not much cleave to begin with. Mainly used with Axe mastery for obvious reasons. Also I much more prefer Sword/Axe in my DPS builds for the extra mobility, so here I'm hoping that sword might become a good choice. Also movement on Flurry will massively improve qol for procing burst traits like berserker's power during fights where the enemies won't sit and wait for you to flurry -> stow -> use any other damage skill.