make spears a land weapon

its time we put all those spear skins to use for something other than water combat. I want to wield a spear and shield at the same time.

a weapon class that can block and attack from the front at the same time would be cool, and half abilities as melee and the other half as ranged, or the ability to switch between the two with no CD between weapon swapping the 2 sets of weapon skills on the same weapon.

while we're at it RELEASE THE PARAGON (no i don't care that the guardian exists)

• Like 16
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

I mean they already have the animations for throw Spears added if u go to eye of north u see a sunspear guy throw Spear 

Apart from spear using paragons, Istan map also has scythe-using dervishes. But all that fun stuff seems to be restricted to NPCs only, with players only being able to look at it, and be jelly.

• Sad 3

In general, all water weapons really need to get some land use.

I mean, if you just hear the worlds "trident necro", you can already imagine half the skillset.
Harpoon Engineer? That dude really needs some more primary weapons.
Spear Warrior? Come on, this is *screaming* to be in the game!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

perfect we all agree then, spears confirmed!

they did say they wanted to evolve combat in new ways besides elite specializations in the future, it is time for a new weapon

Sadly we have been suggesting land spears for many years and still nothing

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spears as a land weapon makes sense.  Spears are probably one of the most-used weapons in ancient warfare.

I have to admit though, that they would probably need a rework of the abilities to reflect a non-aquatic environment.  Even if they didn't rework any of the abilities, this is a high fantasy game so I doubt anyone would complain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

they did say they wanted to evolve combat in new ways besides elite specializations in the future, it is time for a new weapon

"In the next expansion, called 'Combat Evolved', we will try something new, and show you that you can fight in completely novel ways...with words"

(Anet introduces the new Diplomacy system)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The sole reason they don't is because there's 16 land weapons in the game and none of the classes is capable of using them all anyways, so introducing new weapons isn't a pressing issue at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

"In the next expansion, called 'Combat Evolved', we will try something new, and show you that you can fight in completely novel ways...with words"

(Anet introduces the new Diplomacy system)

So rather than fighting and killing mobs just to farm some nodes, I can use diplomacy and persuasion to turn hostile mobs into an efficient work force to do the gathering for me?  Nice, I'm hiring all the skritt and paying in junk items!.... now that I think about it, skritt might not be an efficient work force....

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

In general, all water weapons really need to get some land use.

I mean, if you just hear the worlds "trident necro", you can already imagine half the skillset.
Harpoon Engineer? That dude really needs some more primary weapons.
Spear Warrior? Come on, this is *screaming* to be in the game!

well the harpoon gun makes no sense out of the water but the rest I kinda agree with

13 hours ago, Misterbrady.2167 said:

Spears as a land weapon makes sense.  Spears are probably one of the most-used weapons in ancient warfare.

I have to admit though, that they would probably need a rework of the abilities to reflect a non-aquatic environment.  Even if they didn't rework any of the abilities, this is a high fantasy game so I doubt anyone would complain.

this whole conversation is built on the assumption that they would get new abilities, not their water abilities

the paragon would in particular need a swap button to go between melee and ranged attacks instantly

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

well the harpoon gun makes no sense out of the water but the rest I kinda agree with

You honestly can't imagine a single-shot torsion-powered thin-stick-with-a-sharp-end projectile-throwing weapon on land? At all?
And then add a whole host of abilities based around hobbling the enemy with the tether line, pulling them closer, pulling you closer to them, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

this whole conversation is built on the assumption that they would get new abilities, not their water abilities

the paragon would in particular need a swap button to go between melee and ranged attacks instantly

oha not to bad get spear guardian skills to land. love to have a extra pull 

• Confused 2

On 2023/6/12 at AM2点06分, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

its time we put all those spear skins to use for something other than water combat. I want to wield a spear and shield at the same time.

a weapon class that can block and attack from the front at the same time would be cool, and half abilities as melee and the other half as ranged, or the ability to switch between the two with no CD between weapon swapping the 2 sets of weapon skills on the same weapon.

while we're at it RELEASE THE PARAGON (no i don't care that the guardian exists)

I support you! But I would also like to use my scepter in water, too. Why not?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

I support you! But I would also like to use my scepter in water, too. Why not?

Because making new skills for a new environment is a big thing, and I can't even begin to describe just how much of a non-factor "new underwater skills" is in the current state of the game.