Invisible bag context for sell

The context menu for items in invisible bags does not show "sell at trading post"

Currently, items need to be moved to another bag.

This can be very confusing for new players.

------------------

This is a basic QOL suggestion.  Pic of context menu suggestion.

1. This does not break any existing functionality.
  2. This is not 'contrary' to the purpose of an invisible bag -- it's an enhancement
  3. This does not change any other aspect of bags in any way.
Edited by Duligraws.8214
Added pic.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

The context menu for items in invisible bags does not show "sell at trading post"

What's the issue though?  The tooltip on them usually say how the invisible part functions.

Lots of different bags have special features:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag#Special_features

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Yes, that's the special feature of invisible bags.  Some players use them to protect the items inside from accidentally getting sold.

From the link I shared:
"Invisible Bags/Invisible Packs/Safe Boxes/Courier's Bags — Items in these bags cannot be sold to merchants nor at the Black Lion Trading Company. Their contents do not move when inventory is sorted. Using 'Deposit Collectibles' will not affect items inside invisible bags; however, items can still be deposited individually using the right-click menu. Using "Salvage All" option on salvage kits won't salvage items put in this bag. (Useful for saving Unidentified gear for later use)"

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 4

And my suggestion is: Invisible bags items context menu SHOULD have the option to sell at market. -- please fix.

And update the info to say "Items will not show in Black Lion Trading Company nor vendor sell-item listing."

Bonus: Warning when attempting to use the context menu for selling invisible items.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Isn't that the entire point of invisible bags? You put things in there that you don't want to sell.

It's been this way for the 10 years of this game's existence. I rather doubt they'll make such a change now. It would invalidate the very reason invisible bags exist.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

The whole point of invisible bags is for the content to not show for sale, so that people can store important things in there without worrying about accidentally selling them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

I have an invisible bag on all of my active alts precisely to store items I don't want salvaged, deposited into mat storage, sold on the TP, or moved every time I am sorting my general bags. For me, invisible bags are serving the exact purpose I got them for. As for them being confusing for new players, this is the first time in my 5 1/2 years of playing GW2 and reading the forum that I've heard this complaint. So as far as I can tell, it's not a widespread issue. Oh, and when I'm sorting my bags, which I do after any major ingame  activity, I often move stuff around, from  one bag to another. Moving an item to another  bag is not a big deal either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s not meant to

I think OP is trying to say that the tooltip for the invisible bags should include that items in it won't show up on the Trading Post. They're just kinda phrasing things oddly.

Edit: I'm slow before I have my coffee. Ignore me.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I think OP is trying to say that the tooltip for the invisible bags should include that items in it won't show up on the Trading Post. They're just kinda phrasing things oddly.

Tooltips show on mouse-over.

Context menus show on right click.

Nothing confusing about it. 

People don't bother to read and comprehend,   and they respond based on what others said,  ignoring OP.

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

No, that's not what OP means. They mean that the option to sell on the TP does not show in the drop down menu when you select an item in an invisible bag. To me this is very clear from their description of the "problem". And the option to sell on the TP is not meant to show with items in an invisible bag. Maybe the tooltip could be adjusted, but there's nothing wrong with the options you get for items in invisible bags.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Firstly there is no need for attitude. There is no need for insults. As explained in direct response to your own wording, the tooltip is that way as by design. Sure you can suggest otherwise, but we are trying to explain - to increasing and needless hostility - that it exists this way because it is meant to be. It is as designed.

So by all means suggest what you want, but we are free to say why that it shouldn’t be changed and explain why it exists as is.

If you do not wish counter discussion, then suggest changes in the QoL sticky thread where discussion is avoided. Otherwise we are free to add our objections and contexts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

People don't bother to read and comprehend,   and they respond based on what others said,  ignoring OP.

We're not ignoring you. We're stating that the option you want isn't meant to appear for items in invisible bags, because of the nature of invisible bags. It eliminates any chance of accidentally selling those items, which is completely in line with the purpose of invisible bags. You want them to be something they're not. That's a whole different ballgame. And you don't seem to want to understand that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/14/2023 at 4:23 AM, Duligraws.8214 said:

The point of invisible bags is to put there the items you DON'T want to get rid of. Not having an option to sell items directly from invisible bags IS the feature of invisible bags. Nothing to fix there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
"of"
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Wow.

The   ==> context menu <==   for items in invisible bags does not show "sell at trading post"

My request was VERY specific and does not affect any other feature of invisible bags.

How hard can it be to drag it out of the bag into a normal bag? It's not like you often find yourself wanting to sell stuff from your invisible bags, is it?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

Yes, you are free to babble nonsense by the rules of this forum.

Please refrain from posting my my threads.

That's not how this works.

I'm sensing a pattern here... 😉

P.S.: Joke made in good nature. Shouldn't have to be mentioned, but I have a feeling here it does.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Duligraws.8214 said:

People read and comprehend, don't worry. It's just the we also disagree with your suggestion - we actually think it works the way it's supposed to.

To expand: If items in invisible bags were made possible to sell to merchant and/or on the TP from the context menu that would 99% likely also mean that they would show up in the merchant and TP interfaces, thus rendering a vital part of invisible bags non-functional.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3