Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

Yes, I made an edit with some other thoughts. (In my prevous post just when you posted.) Did not read all the other older posts from other people. (Too many threads.) Luckily they decided to put the Festival of the Four Winds early this time. And then in a few weeks we'll get the final product. (I do not expect that much more early info leaked.)

And a few weeks later everyone will be used to it - even people that first thinkg their compensation would be too low.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The wording is "Starting on August 22, everyone’s build will include a relic slot that becomes usable at level 60." ... so it is not tied to some gear. But an own slot always available in the "build". Maybe it actually could be in the skills/traits menu. But that would make less sense. If you have to craft non-legendary versions for different chars - making more sense to "equip" them in the gears slot.

By "build" they may actually think of gear template tab, and just have the relic be a separate slot instead of being connected to an already existing gear piece.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Merloin.4816 said:

I wonder how this rune/relic stuff will blow up in PvP grabs popcorn

It will likely work the same as runes work there currently. Meaning, you will have access to most relics by default, while some will need to be unlocked with gold.

...unless <tinfoil hat on> they forgot about SPvP.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It will likely work the same as runes work there currently. Meaning, you will have access to most relics by default, while some will need to be unlocked with gold.

...unless <tinfoil hat on> they forgot about SPvP.

ArenaNet forget about spvp? Surely that happened a long time ago. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I wonder if this system will touch more than Runes, imagine if certain Sigils become Relics too, Stacking sigils come to mind, if they become Relics it solve both problems i have with them, having to camp one specific weapon to build all your stacks (especially bad in WvW), and losing all stacks the moment you go underwater without having a copy of the sigil in your underwater weapons, would be cool if done properly.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I wonder if this system will touch more than Runes, imagine if certain Sigils become Relics too

I think that if it did, they would have announced it, we have legendary sigils too, tho it's possible they're planning something about it for the next xpac, that's why I believe it's especially important to establish how they intend to deal with legendaries now, to avoid future "surprises".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Geralt.7519 said:

Does anyone have any idea of at what time the post is likely to be published? Is it still night time in US?

It'll be 9 AM PST (the timezone that ArenaNet are in) in about an hour and a half. They normally post patches and articles between 9 and 10 AM PST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

What's with you people and wanting that kind of stuff for free, work for it like everyone else.

I believe they were being sarcastic, for what it counts.

And nobody on any part of this discussion really wants anything for free. The legendary rune holders (generally) just don't want to lose functionality they already have. And Anet already acknowledged that they are working on some sort of "compensation", which means they realize they're taking something away from players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

What's with you people and wanting that kind of stuff for free, work for it like everyone else.

I'm not asking for such thing.

9 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

And nobody on any part of this discussion really wants anything for free. The legendary rune holders (generally) just don't want to lose functionality they already have. And Anet already acknowledged that they are working on some sort of "compensation", which means they realize they're taking something away from players.

No sarcasm. I was dissipating confusion with the player I replied to, and they did.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

It affects those that have various sets of Superior Runes with different 6th slot effects, too...we paid good money and/or camped Pact Supply Network Agents for many moons to get the account bound recipes just for those effects, and now we are possibly getting one such effect returned to us, so all are waiting with bated breath...

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

It affects those that have various sets of Superior Runes with different 6th slot effects, too...we paid good money and/or camped Pact Supply Network Agents for many moons to get the account bound recipes just for those effects, and now we are possibly getting one such effect returned to us, so all are waiting with bated breath...

100% agreed. I have 40+ builds to fix after the change depending on how it goes. I am not in the legendary rune holders camp (yet) and this will (possibly) be a massive impact to my gameplay plans.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1