Weaponmaster Training Beta Feedback: Elementalist

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the elementalist in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thetwothousand.5049 said:

I don't know if sword tempest is going to be good, but I've been waiting almost 10 years for it and I'm excited to finally be able to try it out!

I was thinking about the potential of a power hammer weaver.

And maybe warhorns can be useful for condi weaver/condi cata builds?

Edited by StarPT.7431
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnWater.5760 said:

I think this is extremely offensive for players, pistol has nothing to do with magic, especially when you are in a needy situation.

Since many years the Elementalist is the most problematic class, I dare say that since the launch of the game, and the worst of all is that Anet never listens to the players, they always invent something else to cover the hole and it never worked. Just look the first comment on this thread "We can leave a feedback, but are you going to listen?"

We have 3 magical classes and all of them can equip Staff and Scepter, the basic of any magical class

Elementalist is the only class that doesn't work with any of them, and not just that, Elementalist doesn't have a good ranged option, there's no elite spec to save from this (Like Mirage saved Mesmer' Staff), because every elite spec is melee focused. This is not an actual problem, there's been years that players are begging for fix Staff and ranged options.

Most players asked for an elite spec with a longbow, also expecting a staff buff for being long-range. But what does Anet bring? A hammer and a sword. 

Devs have been ignoring this issue for years, and the proof is that they announced a pistol as a new weapon.

Many years ago when I started playing GW2 I started with Elementalist, because I always play with mages, in the middle of the way I discovered that Elementalist is not a mage but a warrior that uses magic, in addition to the giant balance issues that are always present. The character was abandoned and playing I found that the Guardian, who is a warrior, is more mage than the Elementalist.

That's all I have to say and I've been saying it for years, the situation never changed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I, for one, greatly prefer the idea of a pistol over a longbow on ele. Elementally charged bullets sounds cool as heck, and we will have three offhands to play around with for builds using it. Hopefully they can get a more visceral feel onto this weapon as opposed to scepter, which has always felt a bit limp-wristed to me. Not that I hate longbow as an idea, but pistol is just way more interesting to me.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Kolzi.5928 said:

I, for one, greatly prefer the idea of a pistol over a longbow on ele. Elementally charged bullets sounds cool as heck, and we will have three offhands to play around with for builds using it. Hopefully they can get a more visceral feel onto this weapon as opposed to scepter, which has always felt a bit limp-wristed to me. Not that I hate longbow as an idea, but pistol is just way more interesting to me.

Agreed, magic arrows sounds fun but what if had to choose any weapons then dual pistols equilibrium style unleashing Ice bullets, stunning rock bullets etc would be the one that gets me bouncing excitedly 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

I've touched it for like 30min in wvw so far:
Weavers sword is bad and may be only usable in some duel spots at most. Range still bad since it's release and everything can kite you. I guess it's fantasy for PvE role plays.
Catalysts Hammer has potential on Tempest, but it kinda feels a bit clunky because of it's 600 range (again) and lack of mobility (again). Haven't tested it on Weaver or Core, but I think it will even more clunkier on Weaver and Core is whatever, some role play.
I didn't touch Tempests Warhorn, because it simply won't fit anywhere beside some PvE memes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I was also a bit disapointed when I saw ele getting only main hand pistol instead of bow or dual wield pistol. But then I remember, ele has always been a nightmare to balance and giving only pistol will add 12 new skills and 6 more if we toss weaver in the table. So yeah, I get a lot ppl complain about the balance in the game after june but let's leave some room to breath with the demands.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The Catalyst's elite skill is not working properly with sword and warhorn (probably just needs coded).

Separately, please consider when going through and nerfing skills, which will happen because Elementalist is hitting ridiculous numbers already, to separate nerfs by core/elite specialization. Gutting Warhorn because it's overpowered on Weaver will just ruin it even more for Tempest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The Hammer Weaver combo skills feel out of place for Weaver. For the rest of the weaver weapons the combo attack is its own ability not just a combo of the 2 Element attacks. So instead of 6 new abilities on Hammer you just have a quicker application of the Orbs. There are opportunities here if you want to still stick with Orbs being the identity of Hammer, a Plasma Orb for Fire/Air, a Steam Orb for Fire/Water, a Lava Orb for Fire/Earth, a Mud Orb for Water/Earth, a Cloud Orb for Water/Air and Sand Orb for Air/Earth. I would still make Grand Finale be capped at 4 orbs but maybe with Weaving you get a reduced CD on it.

Even if we want to stick with the two orbs being generated through weaving the same CD as original of Grand Finale feels off. Furthermore, there is now really no benefit to the weapon for Double weaving on Hammer as the Combo abilities are just inherently better.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I've touched it for like 30min in wvw so far:
Weavers sword is bad and may be only usable in some duel spots at most. Range still bad since it's release and everything can kite you. I guess it's fantasy for PvE role plays.
Catalysts Hammer has potential on Tempest, but it kinda feels a bit clunky because of it's 600 range (again) and lack of mobility (again). Haven't tested it on Weaver or Core, but I think it will even more clunkier on Weaver and Core is whatever, some role play.
I didn't touch Tempests Warhorn, because it simply won't fit anywhere beside some PvE memes.

Sword/Warhorn is literally god-tier on Weaver... Sword is also amazing on quick heal catalyst with off-hand warhorn.

You shouldn't spread misinformation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2