Weaponmaster Training Beta Feedback: Warrior

Rubi Bayer.8493

• ArenaNet Staff

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the warrior in this thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The Weaponmaster Training beta event for Secrets of the Obscure is open to all Guild Wars 2 players from June 29 until July 2! Try out the combat changes that are coming with SotO on August 22 and let us know what you think. You can leave your feedback for the warrior in this thread.

You're kidding us, right? Is today the first of April?

Don't you see all our posts about yesterday's patch? Have you taken this feedback and implemented it?
When is the rollback finally coming?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

[Slicing Maelstrom] (Berserker Dagger F1) isn't being reset by the Berserker heal [Blood Reckoning]. The copied animation from [Death Blossom] also means that it causes the player character's model animation to bug out and rubberband if you use it while moving. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

First off, before we get to touch anything on the 29th. Staff had better by awesome.

I want to point out that as per CMC: "Warrior offhand weapons is a crowded design space" and yet here we are bringing that crowded design space out and making it even more crowded.

I'm glad the other professions will be getting their new toys, as a new 2H or MH does change the dynamics of how you play. But for warrior, adding in an OH weapon doesn't change a whole lot. This is really an overall gripe about the fact that warrior's especs have mostly been OH weapons.

Pistol competes with Axe and is taken over Axe on Bladesworn to fuel Fierce as Fire. Core warrior doesn't have traits to support for ammo skills like Bladesworn, nor does core warrior have trait support for explosions.  For DPS Axe will be taken on the other specs. The movement and aegis from Pistol 4 may get used on niche builds.

Torch is BiS for condi, and always has been in the OH. Condi Spellbreaker might use it, but that is a more defensive build and not one focused on actual damage. This might make a condi Bladesworn possible though, but I doubt it will be any good.

Dagger OH shares the same problem as Pistol. It competes with Axe OH and Axe OH wins out. Dagger MH will be interesting on Core and Berserker due to the expanded nature of Breaching Strike and the new primal burst, but it is hard to see Bladesworn making use of either dagger MH or OH.

But hey, maybe I'll be surprised this weekend. We'll see.

• Like 17
  • Confused 1

mmmmh they should rework mace, cause lets be honest what are warrior mixed options on weapons?

axe/axe

axe/pistol

axe/sword

axe/shield

axe/warhorn

dagger/axe

dagger/shield

sword/torch

sword/dagger

sword/warhorn

but the only mace option is mace main hand in a condi burst build for pvp.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Stinson.3420 said:

mmmmh they should rework mace, cause lets be honest what are warrior mixed options on weapons?

axe/axe

axe/pistol

axe/sword

axe/shield

axe/warhorn

dagger/axe

dagger/shield

sword/torch

sword/dagger

sword/warhorn

but the only mace option is mace main hand in a condi burst build for pvp.

Sword/Pistol and dagger/pistol would each have good mobility at least.

• Confused 1

yeah probably missed few combos but my point is mace is getting pushing away for any content.

why don´t changed it 

mace 4 "hit the ground and pulls enemies 360 radius"

mace 5 "jump foward to smash the ground knocking down and floating foes" 600 leap range, 240 radius.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I understand why this thread is here and it's needed.

However, it feels pretty disingenuous to ask for feedback in the forums specifically after this absolute debacle. The entire warrior subforum has been discourse about Arc Divider for the past 2 weeks and that didn't change anything.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Staff wasn't my first choice, but boy am I happy that it isn't focus.

Don't worry short bow will probably come on the next paid living story next year for the low low price of $24.99, because they listened to us that the $25 isn't "slightly less" enough. Oh and short bow will be mele under the new weapon re-master trait line.  The year after will be the year of a single elite skill and they'll finally give you the elite shout you want, except it'll be "I am unstoppable" and give us 2 stacks of stability and resistance for 10 seconds on a 90 second cool down.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Again, warrior get screwed by new features

Torch: pointless, none of spellbreaker and bladesworn are even condition.

Off hand dagger/off hand pistol: they are already pseudo off hand axe, now they are going to compete with each other in all specs.

At least now you can fake diversity with specifically linked trait. Why would you use any of the rest two, if one is better. Off hand dagger is already replaced by off hand axe anyway.

Main hand dagger: only thing that's worth it is having boon rip for berserker and that's it.(woohoo We also play power gs/dagger shield on core war and berserker now /sarcasm)

Completely pointless for bladesworn for the lack of burst skill, since majority of dagger utility/damage comes from burst and linked traits. It's just gonna be another mace with same daze, but have a mini leap instead of a block, on bladesworn

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm looking forward to trying OH dagger, pistol, and torch on my core cele mightheal build.  I'm most excited for pistol, and least for the torch despite the burning condi... but it might surprise me.

I'm sad we won't be testing the staff this weekend, though... and, in rereading the "What Comes Next" section of the beta announcement it saying, "Sometime after launch, we’ll have news about a beta event for another expansion feature: expanded weapon proficiencies" has me bummed we won't also see staff on expac launch either.  But, that's a topic for another thread.

~EpWa

Looking forward to Staff on warrior (I know, not this weekend), but for the current weapons, I don't think there's much to test.  I just don't see any reason to use a torch offhand on a Bladesworn or Spellbreaker, nor do I see a reason to use Pistol offhand without cartridges from Bladesworn and I'm still not sold on dagger offhand in any situation.  Should be fun to test stuff on other classes though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Looking forward to Staff on warrior (I know, not this weekend), but for the current weapons, I don't think there's much to test.  I just don't see any reason to use a torch offhand on a Bladesworn or Spellbreaker, nor do I see a reason to use Pistol offhand without cartridges from Bladesworn and I'm still not sold on dagger offhand in any situation.  Should be fun to test stuff on other classes though.

I remember that i said: "if they ever allow elite specs weapons to work like core ones, warr would be the least busted class from that change" And seems like it's true.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

Again, warrior get screwed by new features

Torch: pointless, none of spellbreaker and bladesworn are even condition.

Off hand dagger/off hand pistol: they are already pseudo off hand axe, now they are going to compete with each other in all specs.

At least now you can fake diversity with specifically linked trait. Why would you use any of the rest two, if one is better. Off hand dagger is already replaced by off hand axe anyway.

Main hand dagger: only thing that's worth it is having boon rip for berserker and that's it.(woohoo We also play power gs/dagger shield on core war and berserker now /sarcasm)

Completely pointless for bladesworn for the lack of burst skill, since majority of dagger utility/damage comes from burst and linked traits. It's just gonna be another mace with same daze, but have a mini leap instead of a block, on bladesworn

I respectfully disagree on quite a few points.

Torch is absolute fire for core warriors. Finally some good condi option for second weapon set. You can run sword/sword + sword/torch for raw condi dps. Also torch cleanses condies, which is very nice for an offensive offhand.

Mainhand dagger is an amazing weapon to have. Boon rip + might stacking for self and allies + fast cc to interrupt enemy + leap finisher. All that on top of very respectable power damage.

Give that to a power quickness zerker and we got a banger of a build. Even better and easier might sharing, and boonrip on top of party quickness, fury, and who knows what else (depending on your build). All this with a weapon that has solid power dps so you won't trade tons of dps for being able to rip that protection off fractal bosses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1