So Relics will be vertical progression, power creep and pay to win? [Merged]

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know you could just stop responding too bud.

They are allowed to voice their oppinion so are you but trying to guilt them into being silent so no negativity comes out is kinda odd aint it?

Their last post have been clarification since you seem to miss read some of their statements and spit out falsehoods.

I'm fine with responding.  They're the ones complaining about not wanting to respond yet responded anyway.  Am I not allowed my opinion?

Edited by DeathPanel.8362
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, DeathPanel.8362 said:

I'm fine with responding.  They're the ones complaining about not wanting to respond.  Am I not allowed my opinion?

did you read the 3 words after my miss spelled opinion?

If you did your last question would not have to be made.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know you could just stop responding too bud.

They are allowed to voice their oppinion so are you but trying to guilt them into being silent so no negativity comes out is kinda odd aint it?

Their last post have been clarification since you seem to miss read some of their statements and spit out falsehoods.

They seem to be intent on trying to gas light everyone, probably because they want to feel justified with their preorder and convince themselves it's a good idea.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

did you read the 3 words after my miss spelled opinion?

If you did your last question would not have to be made.

I'm just confused why you are injecting yourself into this discussion out of nowhere.  I'm still waiting for you to make a point relevant to the topic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DeathPanel.8362 said:

I'm just confused why you are injecting yourself into this discussion out of nowhere.  I'm still waiting for you to make a point relevant to the topic.

I just dont want this thread to die because you want to bicker with another poster since this topic is important to me and Anet have a track record of closing threads when it devolve into back and forth bettwen 2 posters.

My stance is if they wanted a stat stick that the 6th rune slot becomes they could have put the stats on the relic and left the runes alone.

They could have then made the relic stats override the rune stats to allow the same thing they do now without nerfing the legendary runes.

So if you have rune of the lich with vitiality condi duration because you like the jagged horror but equip a power relic.

Your stats would be power main and ferocitiy minor.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I just dont want this thread to die because you want to bicker with another poster since this topic is important to me and Anet have a track record of closing threads when it devolve into back and forth bettwen 2 posters.

So instead you want it to devolve into a back-and-forth between 3 posters.  Got it.

Edited by DeathPanel.8362
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

58 minutes ago, DeathPanel.8362 said:

OK, then go work for ANET and push for the changes you want.  Problem solved.  Bottom line is arguing with me isn't going to get you anywhere.  I'm satisfied with the stated changes.  You're the one complaining here.

I am a customer of ANet's and will push for changes, as I see fit, in that capacity. Problem solved. Fortunately ANet has already begun acknowledging a misstep in this matter and is working on recompense. We will see how it all shakes out in the end.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Pretty sure that you were the one responding to others' posts on the topic...and yes I did then respond to yours. If others have been complaining about the product, an activity (one of many)for which these forums exist and which ANet encourages, you are complaining about the complaints. 

I am a customer of ANet's and will push for changes, as I see fit, in that capacity. Problem solved. Luckily ANet has already begun acknowledging a misstep in this matter and is working on recompense. We will see how it all shakes out in the end.

I'm not complaining about the complaints.  I'm just responding to address your complaints.  I am a customer of ANET too and I'm happy with the changes.  So now we're at an impasse.  The only difference is I'll get my way because that's the status quo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, DeathPanel.8362 said:

I'm not complaining about the complaints.  I'm just responding to address your complaints.  I am a customer of ANET too and I'm happy with the changes.  So now we're at an impasse.  The only difference is I'll get my way because that's the status quo.

Nah, you just seem argumentative for the sake of it at this point. You high jacked this thread into an argument of semantics between two people.

We'll see where the status quo lies once the devs follow up on the promise to address the issue. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DeathPanel.8362 said:

Status quo is not a reference to future developments. The status quo is the current state of being...where relics do not exist and 6th slot bonuses are on runes.

Even if we changed the meaning of status quo to accommodate you, ANet has already indicated possible changes. Now, I very much doubt that changes will be significant and seem likely to be some sort of reward rather than a meaningful change to the announced functionality of relics/runes. And I will get my way too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Serephen.3420 said:

Nah, you just seem argumentative for the sake of it at this point. You high jacked this thread into an argument of semantics between two people.

We'll see where the status quo lies once the devs follow up on the promise to address the issue. 

You're the one attempting to hijack the discussion by injecting yourself into it out of the blue.  You haven't even discussed the topic at hand at all and all you've done is attack me.  This is highly inappropriate.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Status quo is not a reference to future developments. The status quo is the current state of being...where relics do not exist and 6th slot bonuses are on runes.

Even if we changed the meaning of status quo to accommodate you, ANet has already indicated possible changes. Now, I very much doubt that changes will be significant and seem likely to be some sort of reward rather than a meaningful change to the announced functionality of relics/runes. And I will get my way too.

When I say status quo I mean the stated changes in the new expansion.  Sure that might change at release but until it does it is by definition the status quo of the expansion.  I am happy with what ANET has stated it will change in the expansion.  If that changes then my opinion may change.  It's as simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I've actually been thinking about why this change would be done and I think I get it.  How many actual runes do people  use?  I'd argue to say it's mostly the same 20 or so rune sets that optimize damage, healing, or boon support.  This is probably just a way to cut down having to produce what are, essentially, the same items with different IDs (Really, how many runes have basically the same or very similar attribute spread and the only difference is the 6th bonus?).

This just appears to be ANet removing item bloat and making options more streamlined.  I still don't like losing the 6th rune bonus, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Finally, I don't have to scoff at being recommended Rune of the Thief on a power build, which is littered condition damage but also has an incredible 6th bonus of +10% strike damage.

This isn't vertical progression, it's rebalancing.

Edited by erapago.4387
  • Like 1

Yes, yes and no.
Vertical progression it very much is. But ANet hasn't done a lot of that, they wstepped up from exotic to ascended and introduced infusions. But that was close to release I think. This relic weill be their third time doing it in three years, so it's fine. Still, people who have legy runes should be compensated an instan, or close to instant, legenary relic.
Power creep, yes, yes it is. It's more stats, so yes, obviously.
Pay to win? No. just no. It's like evereything in GW2, it's pay to convenience at best.

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

Yes, yes and no.
Vertical progression it very much is. But ANet hasn't done a lot of that, they wstepped up from exotic to ascended and introduced infusions. But that was close to release I think. This relic weill be their third time doing it in three years, so it's fine. Still, people who have legy runes should be compensated an instan, or close to instant, legenary relic.
Power creep, yes, yes it is. It's more stats, so yes, obviously.
Pay to win? No. just no. It's like evereything in GW2, it's pay to convenience at best.

I dont understand how anyone belives it is pay to win everyone get the relic change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Allow me to "solve" this problem by doing what anet COULD have done but haven't, just to show how quickly and EASILY they could have avoided all this drama, AHEM...

"With the new relic system we will be rewarding all those who crafted 6-7 legendary runes with a free legendary relic! For all those who dont have legendary runes but do have many characters and builds, we will be giving 1 free soulbound relic selection box per character, per equipment slot on that character!" 

Wow, wasn't that easy, makes you wonder why anet didn't and haven't done it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adamus.1287 said:

Allow me to "solve" this problem by doing what anet COULD have done but haven't, just to show how quickly and EASILY they could have avoided all this drama, AHEM...

"With the new relic system we will be rewarding all those who crafted 6-7 legendary runes with a free legendary relic! For all those who dont have legendary runes but do have many characters and builds, we will be giving 1 free soulbound relic selection box per character, per equipment slot on that character!" 

Wow, wasn't that easy, makes you wonder why anet didn't and haven't done it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think they didn't do it that way because they wanted to implement a goal to grind for in order to pad out content duration, replayability, and or general engagement to keep people playing. They assumed that the various other aspects would distract people from focusing on the vertical progression and re-earning something that was taken away aspects. This was intentional, not an oversight. They just underestimated the backlash.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I had hoped this subforum would be running wild with speculations on the plot and setting, the new features, mechanics, and legendary armor acquisition.

Instead, it's dozens of threads filled with dozens of pages of people lamenting the "loss of my legendary runes' functionality!", instead of waiting to see what the actual status quo will be. Oh dear... 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I had hoped this subforum would be running wild with speculations on the plot and setting, the new features, mechanics, and legendary armor acquisition.

Instead, it's dozens of threads filled with dozens of pages of people lamenting the "loss of my legendary runes' functionality!", instead of waiting to see what the actual status quo will be. Oh dear... 🤦‍♀️

People don't like the idea of wasting thousands of gold and dozens (or more) of hours of work. Go figure.

And to be fair, there are posts about the other stuff. If not for the possibility of taking away that gold/work I think the subforum would be a lot more generally positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Dopamine.6324 said:

actually curious, does stat AR infusions count as vertical progression+p2w+power creep also?

Stat infusions are both power creep and vertical progression. Just not much of either. If the addition of stat infusions had accompanied a new system that lowered the base stats on gear by an equal, or greater, amount there would have been an outcry then as well in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Stat infusions are both power creep and vertical progression. Just not much of either. If the addition of stat infusions had accompanied a new system that lowered the base stats on gear by an equal, or greater, amount there would have been an outcry then as well in my opinion.

idk feel like we should cry about them too, but honestly from now till patch you have chance of banking 5 relics to instantly get.. but im sure many players say it wont be even good enough since they are multiclass god who needs relics to their 50 class roles as they cant live with life w/o doing fractal dailys 50 times per day on all classes

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1