Weapon mastery biggest oversights: Necro torch and pistol - Revenant greatsword and shortbow

Here hoping for a future when these weapons: Necro torch and pistol, Revenant greatsword and shortbow  get logically toned down invoking the most obvious common sense.

With all eyes on ele, I fear these two will fly just under the radar and keep their bloated set-up for months to come. As I have mentioned, they all have one thing in common:  Torment. There is not only ele out there, these torment spamming abominations that require detailed kiting and timing to take head-on, while them, on the other hand, just press 111111 or 2-3 off CD to apply pressure. This is something I hope will be kept in mind for the next round of nerfs.

P.S - It has taken me a good 5-10m to bring down first a scourge and then a harbinger using pistol/torch...I was on zerker amulet with scholar runes and not once I seen those 2 - necros using the dodge button, took a full frontal burst and kept moving forward as if nothing happened, a combination of the rabid amulet and bloated design, and now with access to ranged CC/pressure applying torment in stacks..in a matter of secs. 

, Honestly, I'd rather keep my sanity and stop even approaching PvP at all if changes are not applied before August...that in itself would be my silver lining

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

>Revenant greatsword
>Torment

Certified Forums moment

Anybody who has been playing this game long enough and visited the forum enough times will know that no amount of belittling, emojis or whatever flies in your boat....ever stops the nerfs. In the near future: necro pistol, revenant shortbow and greatsword will see nerfs no doubt. Now that every revenant build will make use of those weapons sets...everything will become too obvious to ignore and the same story goes with Necro pistol and torch. Eventually, a MAT will be won and then the nerfs will start raining.

And no, I don't expect necro or rev players to run to this thread and show their support, that kind of honesty and self-judgement simply doesn't exist anymore in a MMO community, this one at least...on the contrary, I am expecting loads more rev mains like you with such comments...followed by the rest leaving emojis or other silly comments....like that will change anything in the end.

I am only pointing out the obvious..the nerfs will come and you should have no doubts about that, just a matter of time

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

greatsword isn't gonna eat a nerf because of torment, of which it applies... 1 stack per auto chain and 1 stack on GS3, if and only if you're running abyssal chill

the same is also almost certainly true of shortbow
if either eat nerfs it'll be because of power vindi, not any condition builds

u wild brother

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

greatsword isn't gonna eat a nerf because of torment, of which it applies... 1 stack per auto chain and 1 stack on GS3, if and only if you're running abyssal chill

the same is also almost certainly true of shortbow
if either eat nerfs it'll be because of power vindi, not any condition builds

u wild brother

You are correct. Shortbow will see nerfs due to Vindicator, and me mentioning Greatsword is due to Power heralds, a lesser problem compared to Vindicators but that build will become relevant soon enough. Both weapon sets will see nerfs in the end because they were not designed to work with specific combinations of traits. Shortbow and GS design was/is too bloated to start with and this was never addressed...but it will now. My secret dream is that nerfs due to PvP performance will finally tone down celestial renegades shortbow  abuse in wvw...2 birds with 1 stone

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You are correct. Shortbow will see nerfs due to Vindicator, and me mentioning Greatsword is due to Power heralds, a lesser problem compared to Vindicators but that build will become relevant soon enough.

ok but u literally said they're all a problem because of torment

did u read ur own post buddy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

ok but u literally said they're all a problem because of torment

did u read ur own post buddy

The title of the thread reads: "Weapon Mastery big oversights" and I include ofc Revenant GS: a self-functioning weapon that offers mobility, damage, and sustain. And it can be used now by other Rev specs like power herald, adding to the already bloated design and...even worst lowering the skill requirements to play power herald....the only "skilled" spec on the Revenant now

And did you read my past comment?

And no, I don't expect necro or rev players to run to this thread and show their support, that kind of honesty and self-judgement simply doesn't exist anymore in a MMO community, this one at least...on the contrary, I am expecting loads more rev mains like you with such comments...followed by the rest leaving emojis or other silly comments....like that will change anything in the end.

That's all

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

As I have mentioned, they all have one thing in common:  Torment. 

ok but they don't have this in common

i think vindicator's stupid and the weapon mastery change makes renegade, an already bad elite, completely obsolete because of how much stronger its traitline and legend is. i would be completely unsurprised if either get nerfed, nor would i really care cause i play shortbow since i think it's fun

still gonna make fun of a stupid post that says it's a problem because of torment when it's wildly off base lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I mean, not gonna lie, but you people start to notice problems that are months if not years old like condi AA spammers.
One way or another: nerf condies, nerf boons, nerf defenses uptime (enough of these 80% time of no interaction bs builds), delete teefs from game.
A lot of problems will get fixed.

What are you saying? People have made dozen of threads asking to nerf condis since 2014, after the ill-thought change of Jon Peters, to change some condis to stack in intensity from duration, I don't even know what they were thinking by changing burning and confusion to stack in intensity...then add torment..and what worst adding torment to freaking auto-attack...really mind-blowing BS thinking.

And no....I rarely see an extreme amount of thief nerf threads outside wvw and for "unknown reason", thief always get nerfed in the space of few months...like 2-3 months, a new thief build get nerfed...by contrast necro and revs take years before serious nerfs are applied...it's easier to nerf a class like thief with little impact in pve ..compared to necro, which is played by even my dog at this point, that must be the reasoning behind thief quick nerfing and "I will drag my feets" approach to necro balancing

• Haha 1

Ele's op, catalyst is op, rangers op, untamed op, Firebrand op, scrappers op, dd's op, DE's op, harbingers op, vinds op etc etc this is just the classes that have had nerf threads I've seen in last month or so lmao, what in the game isn't op? ....the classes/specs/builds no one plays cuz their either weak or unfun, tes let's make all classes feel like those.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Ele's op, catalyst is op, rangers op, untamed op, Firebrand op, scrappers op, dd's op, DE's op, harbingers op, vinds op etc etc this is just the classes that have had nerf threads I've seen in last month or so lmao, what in the game isn't op? ....the classes/specs/builds no one plays cuz their either weak or unfun, tes let's make all classes feel like those.

The 90% of nerf threads are just copium for people when they lose a fight and can be easily recognized by the simple contest used without explanation: "Profession X is broken/OP please nerf". It's one thing to just claim a profession is OP and another it's to explain what makes it OP at a certain point in time...nerfs are supposed to tone down builds...no deleting them...never, ever have I asked to remove specs/elites, and always targeted specific trait/skills by comparing them to something similar. To attach a condition like bleeding to an auto-attack it's fine...nobody will die suddenly to even a full stack of bleeding, always enough time to cleanse it...now what you don't do as a dev is to attach the most powerful conditions that stack in intensity, to a freaking auto-attack...that's complete lack of common sense

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I mean, not gonna lie, but you people start to notice problems that are months if not years old like condi AA spammers.
One way or another: nerf condies, nerf boons, nerf defenses uptime (enough of these 80% time of no interaction bs builds), delete teefs from game.
A lot of problems will get fixed.

Delete condies, delete boons, delete defenses, delete thieves... delete the game? You have the power man, take control!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

warrior still sucks like always.

anyway, if there's only warrior in pvp, pvp will be 10x more enjoyable than now.

you would have side noder warrior, support warrior, team fight warrior, roamer warrior

none of them will feel out of place or over the top 😄

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You are correct. Shortbow will see nerfs due to Vindicator, and me mentioning Greatsword is due to Power heralds, a lesser problem compared to Vindicators but that build will become relevant soon enough. Both weapon sets will see nerfs in the end because they were not designed to work with specific combinations of traits. Shortbow and GS design was/is too bloated to start with and this was never addressed...but it will now. My secret dream is that nerfs due to PvP performance will finally tone down celestial renegades shortbow  abuse in wvw...2 birds with 1 stone

Renegade is actually good in a game mode? Might have to try wvw lol

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

@RedAvenged.5217

Selective memory based on personal experiences....changes opinions faster than a revolving door...🤮

No idea what you are even talking about- I logged onto forum for first time in weeks yesterday.

necro is a strong overall class and condi reaper is great rn.

not much to complain about though compared to cata or warrior

• Like 1

Greatsword borrows from similar prior skill available on Revenant such as having a block on anything else than Staff on Core.

The weapon is arguably no different than those scrapped ideas that could have been improved on.

Shortbow for real is overhyped, especially with how you cant 't get penetration with projectiles if you're not renegade. See through it, the thing won't be as strong when you and everyone figure it out.

The biggest change would be that Revenant can now have more than one condition weapon at once without being Renegade in this patch, that's pretty much it.

• Like 1

After playing around with shortbow for a bit, I don't think it's nerfworthy. 

Perhaps a good portion of that is because Tempest/Cata/Core Guard are so good at projectile destruction, but I think we should give the meta time to adapt before throwing out pre-emptive nerfs. 

• Like 2