Question mark ping

Do we need a ping in the shape of a question mark?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yay!
    • Nay...

Not sure about that. People rarely even try to use the existing different pings. Just the basic one - without further fine tuning for attack/defend. Though I like the shield (defend) one when almost winning (to say to defend one point for safely ticking the remaining pts) and the exclamation mark when a buff is ready (temple map mainly).

Would prefer a quick voice command setting though - better even for people that like more to listen and watch the main screen (not always paying attention to the mini map).

Like ... similar to some shooter games (I think some have these): Press one button (can be changed in the settings) to access the voice command menu. Then some groups:

attack
defend
(maybe others)

- with a key/number associated (while in the menu the key would work for that instead of the other stuff you have set for it - like the skills maybe if you keep it default).
Leading you to a sub menu with further options. Key commands could be learned quickly. And then send a voice message to others. (Of course it should have spam protection.)

Attack -> Close / Far / Mid
Defend -> Close / Far / Mid
Misc -> (Here some stuff for paying attention to map mechanics ... "ignore buff", "(to others) get buff", "i will get buff (to say you are getting it an don't need/want help"-

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not sure about that. People rarely even try to use the existing different pings. Just the basic one - without further fine tuning for attack/defend. Though I like the shield (defend) one when almost winning (to say to defend one point for safely ticking the remaining pts) and the exclamation mark when a buff is ready (temple map mainly).

Would prefer a quick voice command setting though - better even for people that like more to listen and watch the main screen (not always paying attention to the mini map).

Like ... similar to some shooter games (I think some have these): Press one button (can be changed in the settings) to access the voice command menu. Then some groups:

attack
defend
(maybe others)

- with a key/number associated (while in the menu the key would work for that instead of the other stuff you have set for it - like the skills maybe if you keep it default).
Leading you to a sub menu with further options. Key commands could be learned quickly. And then send a voice message to others. (Of course it should have spam protection.)

Attack -> Close / Far / Mid
Defend -> Close / Far / Mid
Misc -> (Here some stuff for paying attention to map mechanics ... "ignore buff", "(to others) get buff", "i will get buff (to say you are getting it an don't need/want help"-

"FOOL" "BY MY EARS WHAT ARE YIU DOING"

With every race having their own voice lines lmao

Edited by demonbeetle.2387
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In all seriousness, a question mark ping would probably be very useful for teaching players that what they are doing isn't what they should be doing.

Example: instead of stopping to type/grief someone when they are at the treb, you can just ping question marks on them, and they'll get the hint eventually.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

In all seriousness, a question mark ping would probably be very useful for teaching players that what they are doing isn't what they should be doing.

Example: instead of stopping to type/grief someone when they are at the treb, you can just ping question marks on them, and they'll get the hint eventually.

I'd like to actually second this too.

Finally a pvp patch: we added a questionmark pin.

Edited by demonbeetle.2387

This is more meme content than it is useful.

What we really need is some sort of tell that a teammate is drawing on the map since nobody seems to pay attention whenever they used neutral ping.

We'll never reach peak teamwork potential without VOIP though.

3 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

This is more meme content than it is useful.

What we really need is some sort of tell that a teammate is drawing on the map since nobody seems to pay attention whenever they used neutral ping.

We'll never reach peak teamwork potential without VOIP though.

Integrated voice chat during games would be unbelievably toxic (and very fun). I say yes 

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Integrated voice chat during games would be unbelievably toxic (and very fun). I say yes 

Not at the level of cod lobbies but still, muting should always be an option if anet cares so much about our sanity.

12 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

People already get confused with the pings we have. Imagine all the random ways people will react to a ping as ambiguous as a question mark.

Yeah but then we could combo troll.

You could keep calling target on someone's head while also repeatedly pinging question mark on them in the mini-map.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah but then we could combo troll.

You could keep calling target on someone's head while also repeatedly pinging question mark on them in the mini-map.

This reminds me. My favorite thing in the world is when two people who hate each other and have each other blocked just spam Ctrl+T on each other. Straight up making red waves on the minimap.