Please dont take my golem away!

1 minute ago, Vandal.5621 said:

I think the implication is there will be a corresponding Golemancer relic that will give you a golem.

Agreed.

I think it highly unlikely that ANet would remove thematic runes such as Ogre and Golemancer. I am more inclined to think that they might increase the variety of summon relics. An eagle relic for example.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I think it highly unlikely that ANet would remove thematic runes such as Ogre and Golemancer.

Well something like this wouldn't be unprecedented. Iirc. there used to be a demon summon from a sigil which they removed in one of their reworks.

While the whole thing is up in the air rn the OPs worries are not completely unfounded. All we can do at the moment is wait and see but nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Well something like this wouldn't be unprecedented. Iirc. there used to be a demon summon from a sigil which they removed in one of their reworks.

While the whole thing up in the air rn the OPs worries are not completely unfounded. All we can do at the moment is wait and see but nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed.

I honestly dont remember a demon summon sigil, but I dont normally use summon runes/sigils so I probably just never paid attention. As I said, I think it unlikely that they will remove the golem relic, but I am not trying to make some sort of definitive statement on the matter. You are absolutely correct that we will not know for sure until SotO is live.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

The new relic system look neat, but pls pls pls dont take away my golem from my golemancer rune! Please!!! Thats the only thing I want, is a relic that let me keep my golem 😮

-From an asuran main-

I think we'll have to wait and see. Right now, I think there's no guarantee the golemancer special ability makes it to a relic. We already know they're cutting down from the current hundred or so 6th bonuses to 40 (core) at release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Vandal.5621 said:

I think the implication is there will be a corresponding Golemancer relic that will give you a golem.

well there will be 40 core relics available on release and there are a lot more special bonuses available right now, so I get why the OP is worried.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Personally I wish they would just release all 40 relics possible with a poll asking which ones sound the most appealing to decide what gets put in the choosy chest. I really worry about anets ability to but good option for our 1 free relic, looking at the free runes you get from level up rewards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Personally I wish they would just release all 40 relics possible with a poll asking which ones sound the most appealing to decide what gets put in the choosy chest. I really worry about anets ability to but good option for our 1 free relic, looking at the free runes you get from level up rewards.

Much better to run a database query and provide the relics that most closely map to the runes a larger majority of people are currently using. Which is likely what they have done. 

Also you get a box per 60 character and you get to choose 3 relics per box. 

Can you explain the note about “choice of three core relics”?

When we say "your choice of three relics,” we mean that you’ll get to choose a total of three relics (exact number subject to change, but that’s our current plan) from among the available core relics.

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

you get 3 free relics per character over level 60 and you can pick them out of the 40 core relics that are available. Just check Rubi's comments in the stickied thread about relics. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

While the whole thing is up in the air rn the OPs worries are not completely unfounded. All we can do at the moment is wait and see but nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed.

13 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I honestly dont remember a demon summon sigil, but I dont normally use summon runes/sigils so I probably just never paid attention. As I said, I think it unlikely that they will remove the golem relic, but I am not trying to make some sort of definitive statement on the matter. You are absolutely correct that we will not know for sure until SotO is live.

We used to have a Superior Sigil of Demon Summoning, which summoned a Fleshreaver at 25 charges. They renamed it to Superior Sigil of Demons in 2018 and removed the Fleshreaver summoning part of it, instead giving you 20% increased Torment duration.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Vandal.5621 said:

They will only give us "some" of the tier 6 bonuses from the current runes. We cannot really determine which ones will make the cut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

you get 3 free relics per character over level 60 and you can pick them out of the 40 core relics that are available. Just check Rubi's comments in the stickied thread about relics. 

Thanks I read it the other way, this seems kinda fair. I would still want a preview to start theorycrafting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:47 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  • Will relics that launch cover all the special effect from each 6-rune set?
    • Not all existing 6-slot rune bonuses will be available as relics at launch. We will continue adding additional core relics over time as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our core game features.

It's possible they could take it away.

IMO they should delay the whole system till 2024 instead of releasing it as unfinished/early access/beta.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

It's possible they could take it away.

IMO they should delay the whole system till 2024 instead of releasing it as unfinished/early access/beta.

I agree. Unfortunately it looks like they need at least one non-cosmetic significant carrot at launch and have settled on this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Agreed.

I think it highly unlikely that ANet would remove thematic runes such as Ogre and Golemancer. I am more inclined to think that they might increase the variety of summon relics. An eagle relic for example.

I think more people will use those summons now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Thanks I read it the other way, this seems kinda fair. I would still want a preview to start theorycrafting.

Sure, but I think that's not going to happen until just before the expansion hits if at all. In the end it's not that far away anymore. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

Let's start asking the real questions here

Will there be Traveler and Firework relics

Most likely not Traveler, since both MS and condi duration are considered "flat stats" based on Rubi's most recent posts. That means there's no actual unique ability on Traveler runes.