stuns: can i even play the game?

21 minutes ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

the stuns in gw2 pvp are out of control, some builds just keep you on the ground or stunned and you can't do anything till you're dead.

every stun should result in a stun immunity for a few seconds

Okay, but the stun should also do damage to you then if you get to just walk away from another one.

Alternatively, press a stunbreak button. If you're out, you were playing the game before and now its time for your HP to go down. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

the stuns in gw2 pvp are out of control, some builds just keep you on the ground or stunned and you can't do anything till you're dead.

If only there were ways to avoid getting stunned... how come other players aren't stunlocked and curbstomped like I do?... No, that doesn't matter! I shouldn't get stunned, the game is bad!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

If only there were ways to avoid getting stunned... how come other players aren't stunlocked and curbstomped like I do?... No, that doesn't matter! I shouldn't get stunned, the game is bad!

The server I am on, the groups, teams I would play in; we get stun all the time Just like how Anet hard nerfed Necromancer Profession; Fear... stun need to be treated the same including other out control-control effects like Pull

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/133588-do-something-about-pulls/page/3/#comment-1948568

By the way, prior to Anet hard nerf to Fear; nearly everyone who encountered Necromancer Profession: Fear...had a negative experience including myself (when playing other Professions)

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

The server I am on, the groups, teams I would play in; we get stun all the time Just like how Anet hard nerfed Necromancer Profession; Fear... stun need to be treated the same including other control effects like Pull

By the way, prior to Anet hard nerf to Fear; nearly everyone who encountered Necromancer Profession: Fear...had a negative experience including myself (when playing other Professions)

A frightful experience one would say.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

Your post will not be popular amongst classes that only need to land one stun to start the chain of stupidity.  I think removing player agency is  poor design as well.  Especially when it can be chained by the same person.

but on the other hand…. You ever tried beating a bladesworn without another person applying stupid amounts of CC?  And when ele was king instead of scrapper tier, the  only way to trip them up was coordinated successive stun. ( while they were stunning you stupidly).  So without stun the mobility of class creep now and the over done defences would be un counterable.  So you take one you gotta take the other.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Your post will not be popular amongst classes that only need to land one stun to start the chain of stupidity.  I think removing player agency is  poor design as well.  Especially when it can be chained by the same person.

but on the other hand…. You ever tried beating a bladesworn without another person applying stupid amounts of CC?  And when ele was king instead of scrapper tier, the  only way to trip them up was coordinated successive stun. ( while they were stunning you stupidly).  So without stun the mobility of class creep now and the over done defences would be un counterable.  So you take one you gotta take the other.

That's because the average player has no idea how to balance a game and make cooldowns meaningful. They aren't good enough to know or understand game mechanics. Arena Net doesn't either which is why we're in this mess where almost nobody wants to touch spvp, wvw or instanced pve.

It's best to avoid this game when it comes to the above content. Small playerbase. Small toxic playerbase. No hope for a redesign to promote growth of a new playerbase. It's easier to queue for the half dozen MOBAs or FPSes with 1000x the playerbase where balance matters.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

Yes...

Give in to the way of wombo combo.

Removing player agency is annoying, but if the person you're removing agency from will heal forever or nuke the point, it is acceptable.

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:10 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No. Anet has provided tools for you to mitigate this mechanic already. They are:

Stunbreak

Stability

Blind

Block

Aegis

Evade

Dodge

Use the tools available to you and gain advantage over your opponent.

And if you load most of them in your build, your DPS greatly suffers because these protective skills and traits compete with skills and traits that do DPS.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

And if you load most of them in your build, your DPS greatly suffers because these protective skills and traits compete with skills and traits that do DPS.

The expectation is that you take skills to survive. If you don't then you had better be good with LOS and kiting, because if you aren't and you get caught in a CC then you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 2:10 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No. Anet has provided tools for you to mitigate this mechanic already. They are:

Stunbreak

Stability

Blind

Block

Aegis

Evade

Dodge

Use the tools available to you and gain advantage over your opponent.

Your warrior is showing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

*clutches my single stunbreak while the roided up, unrootable, unblindable, projectile immune, highest sustain in game bladesworn anime slashes me from across the map for 9k*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/21/2023 at 4:56 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

I get the feeling you wouldn't be able to play even if you weren't stunned. 😂🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Yeah? That's how pvp works you're finding your own balance in fulfilling a role your team needs to win the game or running it down mid into a hard counter wondering why the square block isn't going in the circle hole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ccccc.4963 said:

Yeah? That's how pvp works you're finding your own balance in fulfilling a role your team needs to win the game or running it down mid into a hard counter wondering why the square block isn't going in the circle hole

How it feels when OP specs do both your specifically tailored role, and others, better.

Nerf rectangle imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

*clutches my single stunbreak while the roided up, unrootable, unblindable, projectile immune, highest sustain in game bladesworn anime slashes me from across the map for 9k*

Fricken exactly.  With that roll out I can get 9k on grenade barrage if right on top and lucky.  And that’s 15k health one stunbreak no stability.

BS is BS!  (My new trademark slogan 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

I get the feeling you wouldn't be able to play even if you weren't stunned. 😂🤣

Unless you’re very good you’re saying that to a very good WB.  Maybe not the most congenial fellow at all times, but I count myself lucky when I walk away from a V1 with him.

14 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Bladesworn being this way isn't a problem with stuns/cc in general. Its a problem with its sustain and overall design. 

You wouldn't make this argument for any other warrior despite them needing cc to hold their weapon kits together more than bladeswom does. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Unless you’re very good you’re saying that to a very good WB.  Maybe not the most congenial fellow at all times, but I count myself lucky when I walk away from a V1 with him.

I was literally just joking. Everyone knows that stuns are out of control in sPVP. Anet thinks that a person should just be able to press one button and win. They want sPVP to be even worse than the PVP in ESO and WoW, lol.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Its a problem with its sustain and overall design. 

i'm pretty sure even if i never hit the infinite reflects of shield master aegis and dodge every possible large hit i still eventually lose to bladesworn just spamming ranged attacks at me because it has infinite sustain lol

anyways i don't really get this, i have one stunbreak (technically 2, but one of them sucks) and a crappy stab skill that you can get CC'd through and CC doesn't feel that bad so long as it's not like, shocking aura on TOP of everything else
like yeah a hammer war is annoying but that's pretty much the build's purpose and it's super telegraphed lol

• Like 1