If Warrior Staff is better than ours, We Riot! /s

Knighthonor.4061

12 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

to be fair, we came out at the same time tho

Also very different purposes. Rev is support and CC, thief is strike damage and mobility.

7 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Rev staff is a healing and one of the best two handed defiance break weapons out there. Not sure what you want out of it.

I'm pretty sure the OP is looking to acquire urea.

• Thanks 1

I mean yeah, while we're at it, what about giving Surge of the Mists some damage back in WvW at least?
It has a huge delay before knocking back people, making it hit for 9 damage on top of that change was excessive (Thanks to arguably the worst competitive patch in the game's history, the February 2020 patch).
No one is asking for 12k+ SOTMs, 3-4k on a damage build would feel decent enough.

By the way, SOTM used to hit harder in PvE as well early on, it got nerfed thanks to sPvP because at that time they refused to do gamemode splits.
Such as good looking skill, unfortunate.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Also very different purposes. Rev is support and CC, thief is strike damage and mobility.

Technically but in reality its just used for defiance bars in pve and in pvp as selfish tool for block and condi clear. The 2 is useless af.
Excuse me but the datamined staff long ago was so much better its not even worth comparing. From perspective of time i believe all weapons had much better synergy as whole anyway between themself and legends. Peeps like trident mechanic but again if you play condi build and swap to Shiro its useless and shows the shortcoming of such design
https://i.imgur.com/SjX7u2A.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Technically but in reality its just used for defiance bars in pve and in pvp as selfish tool for block and condi clear. The 2 is useless af.
Excuse me but the datamined staff long ago was so much better its not even worth comparing. From perspective of time i believe all weapons had much better synergy as whole anyway between themself and legends. Peeps like trident mechanic but again if you play condi build and swap to Shiro its useless and shows the shortcoming of such design

to be used as main weapon yes its trashy, question would be why Anet dont want to be used as a main weaponm, well can u imagine them balance a support weapon for damage?

For them that would be something like divide by zero.

IMO staff is on decent spot as a secondary weapon but could be better all we need is some values or coefficients tuned up.

Yeah, Surge of the Mists really got hit by too many nerfs in quick succession without considering whether some of the nerfs might remove the need for others. The 'windup' was introduced when Surge could do massive damage at the same time as it CC'd - it really isn't needed when a full Surge is doing even less damage in competitive than other CCs.

5 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

And yet it's probably the most commonly seen weapon for endgame PvE rev builds. Damage builds bring it for CC, healing and tanking builds bring it for healing and CC. Which is what I said: support and CC. Daredevil staff, on the other hand, IS a DPS weapon. So if you only care about damage then sure, thief staff is better. But that's not the purpose rev staff is intended for.