Nerf Pig pets

Right now with a good team that can self sustain- there is an all melee ranger class that is too good.

the pull it uses from boar has no counter play because you can’t save enough stun breaks and cleanses to deal with it.

remove the immobilized from it.

also the maul ability on this pet has been overtuned- it sometimes hits for 10-15k depending on build

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

The immobilize exists on more than just the pig. The problem is maul does 10k damage  while one wolf pack and wh 4 each do 7k+ while sword 2 and 3 hit for 6k+ while greatsword maul hits for 5k+ plus 4 ccs. That’s without sic em. 

Also, free 10s superspeed on 25s cooldown so you can run from your mistakes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

The immobilize exists on more than just the pig. The problem is maul does 10k damage  while one wolf pack and wh 4 each do 7k+ while sword 2 and 3 hit for 6k+ while greatsword maul hits for 5k+ plus 4 ccs. That’s without sic em. 

Also, free 10s superspeed on 25s cooldown so you can run from your mistakes.

Warhorn is kindof ehh on its own . This build doesn’t proc multi hit damage and well as with skirmishing.

if you happen to land warhorn 4 and wolf pack and happen to get lucky it’s good damage.

wolf pack is a much bigger problem on the skirmishing longbow version- however this build has bad sustain, so it will never be meta

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Warhorn is kindof ehh on its own . This build doesn’t proc multi hit damage and well as with skirmishing.

if you happen to land warhorn 4 and wolf pack and happen to get lucky it’s good damage.

wolf pack is a much bigger problem on the skirmishing longbow version- however this build has bad sustain, so it will never be meta

I’ve witnessed thieves and Mesmers die to the combo by itself.  It’s not really luck to land a 900 range skill used from stealth. But maybe the problem points more to skirmishing damage like you said

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Downstate.4697 said:

I’ve witnessed thieves and Mesmers die to the combo by itself.  It’s not really luck to land a 900 range skill used from stealth. But maybe the problem points more to skirmishing damage like you said

It was probably skirmishing and you usually take mad king rune on that build.

so that’s warhorn 4 + mad king birds + one wolf pack + probably sicem

• Sad 2

I’m now noticing that metabattle is saying it’s always skirmishing and not marks- but I think that’s a mistake.

everyone I see in high mmr plays marks with it.

skirmishing only hits harder generally for warhorn 4 and rare occasions. 

also marks can have some insane might stacking

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I’m now noticing that metabattle is saying it’s always skirmishing and not marks- but I think that’s a mistake.

everyone I see in high mmr plays marks with it.

skirmishing only hits harder generally for warhorn 4 and rare occasions. 

also marks can have some insane might stacking

No you definitely go skirmishing with gs + sw/wh. 

i know that not everything necessarily needed a coefficient split in the 2020 patch but 2.2 on a half second cast? and it comes bundled with the quarter second cast of prelude lash? and all the other damage and CC the build's pumping now?
maaaybe it should have gotten one too

i don't mind damage getting back to where it was prior to the split but dang lemme cash in on that too lol

• Like 1

Maybe this playerbase is desensitised by now? but specs putting out a full hp pool of damage in 2 seconds, many doing twise the average hp pool in under 10 seconds.. I've played FPS games that had longer kill times. Dodge is a very good feature, however , it is used way to much in justifying the amount of poor balancing in this game, meta completely aside. Its almost like a person in an abusive relationship ''just leave'', only a child thinks its that simple.

In ways I hope all of ele is nerfed into oblivion, just so we can see how it kept many toxic specs in check, while also having a higher skill floor while at it. From what I have seen of the recent history of this game, all of the more complicated specs (like engi) have been nerfed into submission, while 5 button do all hero specs are being buffed, and defended as ''high skill'', becuase if you mess up the burst you die.. the amount of gasslighting that has went on in this playerbase to continually merge the lines of class difficulty with class effectiveness, I've seen nothing like it.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Szymon.5369 said:

Doubly confusing because this skill has gotten zero changes since 2020, and now it's somehow obviously crazy op. How did this stay undercover that long and why did it surface now?...

boyce started playing it, mostly because sword rework and also ppl were not playing soulbeast cuz the you had to run gs + ranged, either axe or lb and there were 2 catas and a tempest every game making borderline impossible to play anything ranged

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

boyce started playing it, mostly because sword rework and also ppl were not playing soulbeast cuz the you had to run gs + ranged, either axe or lb and there were 2 catas and a tempest every game making borderline impossible to play anything ranged

it's not just that, it also got, in no particular order:
a buff recently on warhorn, 20% more dam on birds, 2 more might on the 5
strider's strength for 240 extra power on sword
it gained pet swap back (that's not exactly recent, but it is relatively recent since the 2020 patch)
an extra leap finisher on sword, or at least a more guaranteed and reliable one over hornet sting resets
both new sword skills kinda hit like a mack truck

the pig maul's always hit ridiculously hard honestly, was a guy playing it a couple seasons back as sic em on NA, pretty much anything would die if he landed the lash+maul
it just wasn't on top of everything that's been changed since then so it wasn't really a big deal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lmao now pig pets are op, month from now few people will die to a ranger using stealth from smokescale and there will be a thread saying smokescales op, or gazelle cc is op after few people die from its cc. Than lb will be op cuz few players died to knock back rapid fire combo, than  itl be somthing else lol. This applies to many clasees as well,  good ol gw2 forums.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

No you definitely go skirmishing with gs + sw/wh. 

you can definitely play either

But I think it’s a mistake- marks hits harder even with out might stacking.

if you take the might stacking trait you can get almost instant 25 might.

I would never use skirmishing unless I’m longbow

• Like 1