New expansion content

Hi i am legitimately interested in what content do we get with this new expansion, and would appreciate some feedback. 

on launch

- how many new maps do we get exactly

- what new elite specs do we get 

- do we get new raids / dungeons / strikes 

- are guild halls getting upgrades to be more useful

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16

It sounds like an expansion but officialy they said it's a mini-expansion.

However, it's more a paid glorified living story with trimestrial releases like the Icebrood Saga one in terms of size, but each year.

All of the Soto mini-expansion will not be available at launch. A big part like 2 out of 3, for sure, but not everything.

For the rest, there will not be new raids and elite specs anymore as it's too much work or too difficult to balance.

Outside of new Guild Halls for main expansions (which are a thing of the past now), guilds contents are dead since HoT.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Like 9
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

It sounds like an expansion but officialy they said it's a mini-expansion.

However, it's more a paid glorified living story with trimestrial releases like the Icebrood Saga one in terms of size, but each year.

All of the Soto mini-expansion will not be available at launch. A big part like 2 out of 3, for sure, but not everything.

then i see no reason to buy this. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Hi i am legitimately interested in what content do we get with this new expansion, and would appreciate some feedback. 

on launch

- how many new maps do we get exactly

- what new elite specs do we get 

- do we get new raids / dungeons / strikes 

- are guild halls getting upgrades to be more useful

We get 3 maps; 2 at launch, 1 in the next quarter update.

No new Elite Specializations, but Elite Specialization weapons while using any Specialization.  New weapons in a later quarterly update.

We get 2 Strikes Missions, Challenge Modes and a Fractal, as well as new Masteries and a new Daily, Weekly and Monthly reward system.

No mention of Guild Halls so far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I realy don't know why people keep this comparison, when the new system was clearly designed to avoid many problems of the IBS.

The designers are no longer forced to cut the second half of a living story, at least 3 episodes, and to replace them with a bad and rushed 'champions' filler, because they have time pressure to make the next addon.

You don't get 2/3 of the expansions in August, you get 1/4. The trimestial updates will all be bigger, with new maps, new story parts and maybe new masterys and other extras, even if we don't have many information for later updates at this moment. And all the updates are included in the addon price. You don't have to pay them afterwards, like with LS 2 zo IBS.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

49 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

- They said new strikes and raids, but I forget if a number

2 strikes missions at launch (CM later) and 1 fractal later. No more raids in the future.

8 minutes ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

I realy don't know why people keep this comparison, when the new system was clearly designed to avoid many problems of the IBS.

IBS bring us new stories, new masteries and 3 maps (2 of them were released in two parts) like those mini-expansions but without rushed chapters like Champions which is good indeed.

3 maps per year is very great compared to the many content droughts we got since the season 4, for sure.

I hope they will manage to keep up the rhythm this time since it always failed in the past. The was already some delayments signs with the episode 3 of season 4 (with Joko and the Gandara rush).

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Anvar.5673 said:

2 strikes missions at launch (CM later) and 1 fractal later. No more raids in the future.

IBS bring us new stories, new masteries and 3 maps (2 of them were released in two parts) like those mini-expansions but without rushed chapters like Champions which is good indeed.

3 maps per year is very great compared to the many content droughts we got since the season 4, for sure.

I hope they will manage to keep up the rhythm this time since it always failed in the past. The was already some delayments signs with the episode 3 of season 4 (with Joko and the Gandara rush).

I certainly believe 3 maps matching the quality of IBS maps will be a big win. I'm not expecting another Gyala, but that's what they need to steer away from

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sure many people will read through entire catalogue of 1000 words first to search few relevant information?

Why they don't even release basic list like:

• 3 maps

so every one can see full content at once?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Indeed.  Those players read the News Blogs and other offerings from ArenaNet. 

and gather relevant information out of 10,000 words of ads and PR talk

Ironic really, how about we get clear information directly from devs instead?

No, would be impossible, right?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Many players enjoys the deeper dives on information that the News Blogs, interviews, etc. provide.  You do not, and that's fine.  You've been answered in your thread and found the Wiki article.  Gratz! 

they can do both, you know

5 news blogs + 1 basic list for summary

or is too much work, so players have to do for free?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have read all of those. Multiple times. Where is the part that includes a reason for me to purchase the expansion?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I have read all of those. Multiple times. Where is the part that includes a reason for me to purchase the expansion?

If none of that excites you, then don't buy it.  There's nothing wrong with not liking a product even if other people do like it, and vice versa.  No one needs to persuade you to buy SotO; it's absolutely fine if you don't.  Maybe you'll change your mind after you see what people with SotO are doing, maybe you'll be glad you saved your money.  It's entirely up to you and what you enjoy in a game.  All anyone else can tell you is why *they* want to get SotO, and their reasons may not apply to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, wolfof.1842 said:

and gather relevant information out of 10,000 words of ads and PR talk

Okay, first it was 1,000 words, now it's 10,000. 😉 They even use large fonts that make for a fluent reading experience! 😂

18 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I'm afarid that is a question only you can answer. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

On 7/31/2023 at 1:30 PM, Donari.5237 said:

If none of that excites you, then don't buy it.  There's nothing wrong with not liking a product even if other people do like it, and vice versa.  No one needs to persuade you to buy SotO; it's absolutely fine if you don't.  Maybe you'll change your mind after you see what people with SotO are doing, maybe you'll be glad you saved your money.  It's entirely up to you and what you enjoy in a game.  All anyone else can tell you is why *they* want to get SotO, and their reasons may not apply to you.

I was responding to someone who claimed that it was, "nonsense," to not be interested in this expac.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

18 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, first it was 1,000 words, now it's 10,000. 😉 They even use large fonts that make for a fluent reading experience! 😂

I'm afarid that is a question only you can answer. 😉

And yet you were trying to push your answer onto another....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

On 7/31/2023 at 7:27 PM, Keymaster.7362 said:

The designers are no longer forced to cut the second half of a living story, at least 3 episodes, and to replace them with a bad and rushed 'champions' filler, because they have time pressure to make the next addon.

You don't get 2/3 of the expansions in August, you get 1/4. The trimestial updates will all be bigger, with new maps, new story parts and maybe new masterys and other extras, even if we don't have many information for later updates at this moment. And all the updates are included in the addon price. You don't have to pay them afterwards, like with LS 2 zo IBS.

if u think that this new model stops anet from changeing direction and abandon ideas or rush content or create delays u must be new here or u know something whats never heard of anet.

Anet changing their mind is the only constant in this game

• Like 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1