/SipCoffe-Emote, US-Only [Merged]

Plok.5873

As a coffee enthusiast (some might say addict) I've waited impatiently for the promotion unlocking the /sipcoffee-Emote. As it turns out, the promotion is US-only and about ordering physical items priced at ~20$ / ~33$. I happen to live on the old continent. It is possible to have it shipped over the atlantic, only doubling the price. Custom fees would triple it. Plus the paperwork, which has to be delivered in person with a valid ID document at the other end of town. German Bureaucracy is a deterrent even to fools rushing in where angels fear to tread. Fun fact, in Germany Bureaucracy is both our form of state as of society. Picture a Rube Goldberg machine scaled to administrate an entire country.

-> Since this leads to an unreasonable price for an emote, I'd like to request an alternate way to unlock it. Pretty please, AN? ^.^

"/sipcoffee" Emote Tome - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was actually really bummed to see it was for a mocha coffee blend instead of just regular coffee. I don't drink sugary drinks so really all I'd have use for is the cup. I'd love the coffee emote all things considered but that's a lot to spend on something I wouldn't even consume. 

I even emailed their customer support to see if they had any options to offer any of their sugar-free options as a replacement so I could at least still get the gw2 cup but never heard back from them, sooo oh well. Neat to see them do another collab, just kinda missed the mark for people like me who tend to avoid sugar in general. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone,

I  have actually purchased Madrina's Mocha of the Mist, and have gotten an in-game code.

One thing I've noticed when they emailed me was the mention that I have early access to the emote, which left me under the assumption that it will eventually be obtainable in game (although by what means, I have no idea).

Here's a snipping of the email sent to me with the code cropped off at the bottom...

https://imgur.com/a/yxmizz7

For people wondering what was the first exclusive in game item from this promo, It is consumable coffee.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coffee_Maestro's_Supplies

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

we can only hope that the eemote becomes a gemstore item after an exclusivity period with the promotion

It's not impossible but unlikely, I don't think many promo items end up in the gem store. It's more likely that it will be available from other promotions in future. That's what's happened with other promo items like the Aurene Cape and Glowing Purple Mask.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Elliyana.8936 said:

Hi everyone,

I  have actually purchased Madrina's Mocha of the Mist, and have gotten an in-game code.

One thing I've noticed when they emailed me was the mention that I have early access to the emote, which left me under the assumption that it will eventually be obtainable in game (although by what means, I have no idea).

Ahh, thanks for the heads-up! 😃

Might be one of the emotes that will be implemented as rewards for SotO content.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I bought it and paid, and they shipped it to me.  But I only just bought it, so we'll see.

Well, maybe there is a solution for us non-US-players; buy Madrinas' coffee, then ask them *not* to ship it and instead just to email the code. Or, if they refuse this option, have it shipped to aa random US address. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

I was actually really bummed to see it was for a mocha coffee blend instead of just regular coffee. I don't drink sugary drinks so really all I'd have use for is the cup. I'd love the coffee emote all things considered but that's a lot to spend on something I wouldn't even consume. 

I even emailed their customer support to see if they had any options to offer any of their sugar-free options as a replacement so I could at least still get the gw2 cup but never heard back from them, sooo oh well. Neat to see them do another collab, just kinda missed the mark for people like me who tend to avoid sugar in general. 

Just noticed your ID, nice 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

Off who?

Madrinas

International Shipping

We do ship internationally. Buyers are responsible for paying any additional costs including duties, taxes, and custom clearance fees. We are continually working on ways to decrease our international shipping charges, but we are happy to be able to offer #coffee4fuel all over the world. Check with your country's customs or border agency to determine whether or not they are accepting imports prior to placing an order with madrinascoffee.com. By placing an order, you agree to take responsibility if the package is barred from entering the country. Any orders that are stopped at customs due to a dairy or COVID restriction will not be reshipped or refunded. Please reach out to our support with any questions!

Please note: International shipments may take up to 10 weeks for final delivery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:
50.33 Australian Dollars before postage and may be stopped at customs for an emote seems a little excessive but enjoy it i guess.

Look, I don't get out much due to real life cirumstances. I don't generally take vacations. I don't eat out. I don't play golf, go to bars, smoke, drink.  I have a couple of hobbies and none of them cost me much. I do however, love coffee, and this seemed right up my alley. Every now and again I do something completely iresponsbile. It's good for the soul.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

>paying for emotes
the absolute state of modern gaming...

To be fair, this emote was not included in the original batches of the cold brew coffee, and the advertisement mentioned that we would be getting a special Mocha coffee feast to share with our friends, which was still appealing enough for me to give it a try (on top of being a coffee nut anyway)

It neglected to mention the feast was consumable and that we'd be getting 5 copies of it initially though. I assumed it was like the birthday cake feast, and would just have a minor timer, as did others.

The coffeesip emote was added later and retroactively granted to everyone that bought the coffee, so this is relatively new. It was not initially what was offered for the coffee collab, but I'm glad that marketing realized there may have been an issue there and gave the people that supported it a lil' something extra. 

Honestly I'm surprised GW2 didn't start doing it sooner. Other games have been selling emotes, or making them promo items, for years.

Sea of Thieves did it for a promo with this same company. It's an easy home-run if you want the collab to succeed, especially if the emote is devoid of flashy promo material so it can fit right in with the existing game world. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261