Achievement point rewards: any plan to update them?

3 hours ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

This affects maybe 0.1 percent of player base so no, they wont do anything about it. 

I'd say it potentially affects a lot more players. This is not like Raids, where ppl just won't do it. Everyone accumulates AP, just some do it faster than others. Also, it affects the games most dedicated players, that should count for something.
Nevertheless, ANet doesn't care. They can't even be bothered to fix the link to the AP leaderboards, eventhough a community member has found a workaround the network error. ANet doesn't care.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

The amount you can get from dailies is capped at 15K, so it is not like most players will keep accumulating APs.

I mean yes they will, but at some point, it becomes a much slower process - the easy achievements are done, so the ones that are left get harder and harder.  And right now to have max AP, it means those players have maxed out APs rewarded in PvP, WvW, and other games modes - and that probably is about 0.1% of the population.

Not say that this shouldn't get updated, but I can also see why it isn't a high priority for Anet to do.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

This is not like Raids, where ppl just won't do it. Everyone accumulates AP, just some do it faster than others.

There are many many achievements that are much more of a bother than raids are. Not to mention that raids give a ton of AP too for the first (CM) completions.

I'm clocking at 6k hours and my next reward will be my first pinnacle weapon skin while having only 5k remaining from daily achievements. In collections I'm mainly missing the very expensive IBS weapon collections and SAB (cause i don't like SAB). I have about 80% of side story AP, half of PvP/WvW AP, 2/3 of story journal AP, 80% of general category (of which half the missing ones are Hall of Monuments). I still have a bunch of low hanging fruits in EoD and LS1 that could probably add up to 2-3k more AP in the next...300 hours of gameplay? Any more would take me much more time or a huge credit card swipe to pay for those ridiculous collections.

After that, any extra AP farm becomes either very time intensive or very expensive. High end AP requires a way way higher investment than raids and there are many more high AP achievements that people "just won't do". I would expect that most people at or above 42k AP have dabbled in raids, if only for the 864 AP that are to be gained from them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Back in the day when AP rewards were introduced, it was a controversial subject because people always come with the "oh, so now Anet is forcing me to ____ (fill in the blank with whatever was just introduced)" talk, like if anyone is ever forced to do anything in this game. People claimed that that was unfair that other people would have things that they said they could never achieve (isn't it like that IRL too?), even though the people who got stuff from AP had to do things for it.

Anet's answer was: "Ok, we don't want to offend the whales, so here's a little something for you that actually plays our game every day and do achievements that we have designed":

• A small amount of gold (almost irrelevant these days)
  • Ugly skins that no one uses (zenith / pinnacle) or armor skins that don't match with anything else in the game aside it's own set pieces
  • Some laurel (irrelevant these days)
  • and every 5k you get 400 gems (that you can't buy anything that's worthy in the gem store)

After 40k it gets incredibly hard to get achievement points and your rewards are almost the same as when you got 5k AP... At this point, I really don't think they will change anything because most people don't care about achievements and therefore, they won't get to 40k+ AP. Anet knows it and I believe it is intended to be that way so they don't have to plan anything. The current rewards goes up to 60k AP, but if people never get to 60k, no need to plan anything else, right? 

*roll safe meme*

Edited by leila.7962
  • Like 3

On 8/5/2023 at 7:20 AM, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

This affects maybe 0.1 percent of player base so no, they wont do anything about it. 

Closer to 0.03% if we use ANet's "16 million" for total players 😛

0.1% if the player count is around 5 million. Based on the leaderboards there should be around 5000 players near to above 40k

2 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Should just set the track to repeat like every other reward track . . .

Well it is already that way there is nothing they need to do.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I understand some of your criticism, but you have to consider that achievements and achievement point rewards are here to stay, they've literally built the game on them, and sooner o later (since I don't think the game is going to die next year), many more people will reach those goals and I guess they'll wonder what happened to the rest of the items.

Edited by Kronos.3695
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I mean yeah, nobody is really going to chase them until you put some rewards in there lol. 

When they said they were reworking a core system I thought that would have been a part of the deal. 

There is value in it. Achievement points are one of the only reasons to replay old story content / old zones, and you discover lots of cool things that were previously hidden to you when you seek them out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'll buy the next expansion just to don't be left behind in terms of APs, so I guess for someone are important. On the other hand, I collect them just for completionism, and not because I care about the rewards. Having a lot of AP is the reward. A couple of additional skins would be irrelevant.

• Like 1

I suspect that it will not be touch until some gets 58k ap, when the reward preview trys to call for the 60.5k reward which does not exist, causing an overflow error. 

Because the current maximum is 48.1k, with around 3.6k from yearly festivals (which would take 12 years) and they have significantly slow down the rate of new ap unlocked each release, I doubt anyone will reach 58k because their just won't be enough ap available.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:13 AM, Endaris.1452 said:

There are many many achievements that are much more of a bother than raids are. Not to mention that raids give a ton of AP too for the first (CM) completions.

I'm clocking at 6k hours and my next reward will be my first pinnacle weapon skin while having only 5k remaining from daily achievements. In collections I'm mainly missing the very expensive IBS weapon collections and SAB (cause i don't like SAB). I have about 80% of side story AP, half of PvP/WvW AP, 2/3 of story journal AP, 80% of general category (of which half the missing ones are Hall of Monuments). I still have a bunch of low hanging fruits in EoD and LS1 that could probably add up to 2-3k more AP in the next...300 hours of gameplay? Any more would take me much more time or a huge credit card swipe to pay for those ridiculous collections.

After that, any extra AP farm becomes either very time intensive or very expensive. High end AP requires a way way higher investment than raids and there are many more high AP achievements that people "just won't do". I would expect that most people at or above 42k AP have dabbled in raids, if only for the 864 AP that are to be gained from them.

You forget that we'll now be getting more low hanging fruits every year. Supposedly anyway (we'll see for how long this new release cycle will last this time). You are also getting 50 ap easy every festival now (to a total of 300 AP yearly) on top of any new releases. It's not very fast, but it does add up.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

With the "lesser" expansions we get, I do not see them adressing ap reward system any time soon. Kinda sucks for this minority of players that actually commited to get this far.

I wonder what skins they would add if they were to adress it after all. If they were to make branded armor to match primordus/hellfire one I would consider becoming ap hunter myself. ^^