We no longer get 2 gold automatically for doing dailies, we have to 'buy' it?

I may have this wrong, but all of the focus on threads about the wizards vault obviously concentrate on the loss of log in rewards and the new currencies worth, but I had assumed that as acclaim replaces log in rewards and daily chests we could still do 3 dailies and get 2 gold?

But...'Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives' This was a response in the vault thread, i honestly didnt register the 'gold' part when i read it at first, so we now have to spend the acclaim we earn to get the gold we used to get? and if we do that we cant have the acclaim to spend on rewards we used to get for logging in or the new ones they are adding?

• Like 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

I may have this wrong, but all of the focus on threads about the wizards vault obviously concentrate on the loss of log in rewards and the new currencies worth, but I had assumed that as acclaim replaces log in rewards and daily chests we could still do 3 dailies and get 2 gold?

But...'Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives' This was a response in the vault thread, i honestly didnt register the 'gold' part when i read it at first, so we now have to spend the acclaim we earn to get the gold we used to get? and if we do that we cant have the acclaim to spend on rewards we used to get for logging in or the new ones they are adding?

Correct you get to chose your reward now.

And that is better in a way since there was alot of useless stuff in the login rewards before the most useless one was the luck if you were caped at 300%.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I don't think that is actually correct.

The wizard's vault news article says "You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement."

So it seems that the Daily Completionist achievement and the 2g + 10 achievement points that come with it will be staying.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I don't think that is actually correct.

The wizard's vault news article says "You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement."

So it seems that the Daily Completionist achievement and the 2g + 10 achievement points that come with it will be staying.

You are wrong as answered by this red post in another thread.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135175-discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizard’s-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/#comment-1962686

10 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm here and I've got an answer for you!

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

What you linked are talking about the ap you get for the dailies.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

And that is better in a way since there was alot of useless stuff in the login rewards before the most useless one was the luck if you were caped at 300%.

Not sure I follow. You used to get 2g from dailies + "useless stuff" from login. Now you choose 2g OR "useless stuff" and it's better?

• Like 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You are wrong as answered by this red post in another thread.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135175-discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizard’s-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/#comment-1962686

What you linked are talking about the ap you get for the dailies.

I don't see any mention in the post you linked of the gold part of daily completionist being removed. Just mention that you can buy gold with astral acclaim.

We'll find out for sure on Tuesday but to me it does sound like we will no longer get login rewards or get gold from completing 3 dailies and instead we'll get the new currency - astral acclaim - from both. Then we'll be able to choose what to spend it on, with gold being one of the options, along with mystic coins and laurels, but not all the current daily rewards - so some unspecified other things will be gone. There will also be new items like that griffon skin, armour skins and the legendary weapon starter kits.

What we don't know yet is what any of these rewards cost. We know logging in gets you 5 astral acclaim, dailies give 10 and weeklies give 40 (and there's a 'special' category which presumably gives more). If logging in and completing the available dailies gets you enough acclaim to buy 2g and one item that used to be a login reward then the new system will actually be more rewarding because you'll be able to get back everything you used to get and spend the points from weekly and special achievements on other things. (With the added bonus that you can choose what you want - if you never want luck from logging in you can just never buy it and use those points for something you do want.)

Another possibility is it will actually work out more profitable to buy something tradable with the points and sell it than to just buy the gold directly. Although I suspect that will keep changing over time as supply and demand of different items shifts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They should just have both system alongside each other.

There's literally no reason to remove the current daily system.

IMO, the reason is to slow the infusion of gold into the economy by giving 2g away basically for free with dailies.  I'm guessing many players save up that gold and use it to purchase gems.  Anet would prefer that players buy gems with real cash.  This is one way that they can achieve that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

IMO, the reason is to slow the infusion of gold into the economy by giving 2g away basically for free with dailies.  I'm guessing many players save up that gold and use it to purchase gems.  Anet would prefer that players buy gems with real cash.  This is one way that they can achieve that.

The first half of that statement is feasible, then the other one missed the point how currency exchange in gw2 is working - the gems you are buying with gold are paid by someone else whom decided they need some gold.

Reduction of raw gold getting into the economy combats primarily gold inflation.

That being said I am not seeing any official confirmation that gold part of daily completionist is going anywhere...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

There was a lot of useless stuff because Anet wanted to limit the worth of what we can get through daily login and daily achievements. They will still want to limit the total amount of what we'll get - so, the overall worth of stuff is not likely to get any better. And, since we'll be able to choose now, it will probably be even lower than it is now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

The example photo had a jump puzzle or a strike. Both types of content that annoy a lot of players. Can you try to accommodate all playstyles with the daily, sometimes all you feel like doing is some open world combat or content (Yes I know the jumping puzzle fits that niche, but when you have a larger ping its more annoying than fun).  This change will still just bottleneck me into doing sPvP as the easiest way to complete the daily, even if I am not in the mood for that.

Edited by Daeth.8912
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Daeth.8912 said:

The example photo had a jump puzzle or a strike. Both types of content that annoy a lot of players. Can you try to accommodate all playstyles with the daily, sometimes all you feel like doing is some open world combat or content (Yes I know the jumping puzzle fits that niche, but when you have a larger ping its more annoying than fun).  This change will still just bottleneck me into doing sPvP as the easiest way to complete the daily, even if I am not in the mood for that.

Isn't that pretty much the same as the current daily system? There's often days I look at the available options and can't find 3 I feel like doing, so I skip them knowing I can just do it another day and ultimately get the same stuff.

I suppose it means I get slightly less gold than other people who do them every day, and under the new system I'll get slightly less of the new currency. But I'd rather spend my time doing things I find fun than forcing myself to play stuff I don't enjoy because it might eventually add up to a reward I want.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Why is everybody assuming that? :classic_huh:

Why is everyone assuming that the login rewards will be lost?

Because ArenaNet have started that the current login system will be replaced by the Wizard's Vault. So the current 28 day calendar will be scrapped and instead you get 5 AA when you log in.

No more Chests of Loyalty, no more +2% gold find each month. A shame really.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

This is an assumption you're making. The news post states that the wizard vault still has a daily completionist achievement, and we don't know the rewards for that yet. While what you're saying is a possibility, it's equally possible that you'll still get the 2g from the new daily completionist and then have the ability to purchase extra gold for astral acclaim.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Isn't that pretty much the same as the current daily system? There's often days I look at the available options and can't find 3 I feel like doing, so I skip them knowing I can just do it another day and ultimately get the same stuff.

I suppose it means I get slightly less gold than other people who do them every day, and under the new system I'll get slightly less of the new currency. But I'd rather spend my time doing things I find fun than forcing myself to play stuff I don't enjoy because it might eventually add up to a reward I want.

Yeah I was hoping it would be better if they were going to replace it. Currently the easiest way is sPvP. And it's still going to be that after the update. Disappointing. 

They should look at ESO PvE dailies. Much less annoying than the ones GW2 does. 

Edited by Daeth.8912
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

You did not get it automactially for doing the dailies. You got it for doing the dailies. (But they didn't do themselves automatically lol.) It could be better if you are able to decided to get more stuff and opt to not get the 2g. (And then maybe more mystic coins or laurels or other stuff.) We don't know how this exactly translates since prices and limits (how much you can purchase) are not known yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1