Since Anet willing to borrow Rifts from Rift, I hope they borrow Dimensions for Player Housing in the future. [Merged]

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You have a strange fixation with raids. Fishing was a selling point in EoD, so was the turtle. The turtle had to be forced to be used in metas to be remotely useful beyond the "haha I can TP people.

Ah now we went from fishing to turtle .

What will happen if we create housing ? It will be forced to be used as battering ram in a OW event ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Ah now we went from fishing to turtle .

What will happen if we create housing ? It will be forced to be used as battering ram in a OW event ?

No, we went to fishing and turtle. Why am I bringing them up? Fishing was a "it will be good" system that should be added since other MMOs have it and the turtle was one of the selling features of EoD, featured on box art and all. 
Housing has the same arguments going for it as fishing. And saying housing should be a selling point will just remake the turtle complaints early in EoD.

That's why I'm bringing them up.

If you think Anet will create a housing with no catches it's time to get the rose tinted glasses off. I'd rather them plug in missed out areas in previous expansions, bring back areas we've once been to in GW1 or even explore new regions, like Woodland Cascades.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea mean its one of the worst only beaten by the jade protocols right?

We could fix that by using the HoT Vinegrip mechenice (throw rope to a tree and get pulled) , where we the jade is get away from us constantly  and transformed into metalic plank and we vinegrip it over and over again for some "Attack of Titans - Tarzan" traverse skill

Spoiler

(ofc people will say because it it subtract from the creation of raids :P)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And saying housing should be a selling point will just remake the turtle complaints early in EoD.

Will the housing be locked behind an event , where the mjority wants a 15% HP reduction or less Tail RnG ?

And 'some other " are they going to tell them to "git gud + use LI builds + the casuals have  the other 99% of the game to play , so the content should not be nerfed"

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We could fix that by using the HoT Vinegrip mechenice (throw rope to a tree and get pulled) , where we the jade is get away from us constantly  and transformed into metalic plank and we vinegrip it over and over again for some "Attack of Titans" traverse skill

Reveal hidden contents

(ofc people will say because it it subtract from the creation of raids :P)

Could you rewrite and explain how that have anything to do with my post or the one I quoted.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Will the housing be locked behind an event , where the mjority wants a 15% HP reduction or less Tail RnG ?

And 'some other " are they going to tell them to "git gud + use LI builds + the casuals have  the other 99% of the game to play , so the content should not be nerfed"

It's up to Anet to decide what they'd require to unlock it, but in the meantime, you can chill out, it's getting really boring trying to decypher whatever you're trying to write in your borderline incoherent sentences attacking literally everyone by constantly mentioning Raids and kitten when it's literally nowhere near close to it. 
You can have discussions without trying to insult others, I hope you know that. Maybe you'd be taken more seriously. I'll be honest, I can understand my cousin's 3 year old son better than you most of the time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Could you rewrite and explain how that have anything to do with my post or the one I quoted.

Ah yeah sorry .

The Attack/defence protoccol  are akinda wortless and ungly in the OW .

They could create a "tarzan mechanic" using the Vinegrp from HoT + Jade bot as something to grap on , and remove the protocols from the OW

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

It's up to Anet to decide what they'd require to unlock it, but in the meantime, you can chill out....
You can have discussions without trying to insult others, I hope you know that. .....

"I found only 3 in total including you, who is the 4th? Besides, you might have missed all the people who are saying it'd be a waste of resources. Remember fishing? Something that was fought for tooth and nail by many on the forums? Exactly. "

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

"I found only 3 in total including you, who is the 4th? Besides, you might have missed all the people who are saying it'd be a waste of resources. Remember fishing? Something that was fought for tooth and nail by many on the forums? Exactly. "

Read the comment it's an answer to as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Gods, no.  Please do not waste limited and valuable dev resources on housing. 

It would be a huge source of income for anet so there should be resources for it.

In a perfect world, atleast. 😄 imagine the gems people would pay for furniture. Dolladolla baby

Edited by deathdealer.2197
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea mean its one of the worst only beaten by the jade protocols right?

Of course its subjective, what you find bad or worthless, other people enjoy and love. 

On that note. I think Raids are a mistake and should never have been in game, as well as pvp and wvw. And i prefer no resources be spent on it. 

As you can see, we all have different ideas of what is good or bad. Useful or useless. All we as players can do is offer our ideas to Anet and hope they do something with it. Its not wrong for people to want player housing, neither is it wrong to want development in raids, pvp or wvw. 

But bashing other peoples likes, or ideas, never lead anywhere. And it will stagnate the game. 

Anyway, thats my two coppers :3 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I wish they would borrow stuff from GW2 and put it in GW2, such as the newer parachute spawns replacing the ancient EWP implementation.

Having an airborne drop of reinforcements instead of the existing EWP mechanic, and perhaps with some sort of AA siege to counter them, would be amazing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

"Mimicking is the best  flatery" (sincerely Skyscale )

Now we have to wait , for what WoW will be use in the next expasnion to copy it and spare some resources (not use to RnD

Blizzard has taken a ton from Guild Wars 2 over the years. WoW and Guild Wars 2 are the two games I mainly play and have played both for many years. WoW since early 2006 and Guild Wars 2 since the first closed beta. It has amazed me how much Blizzard has taken from this game. Some of it quite blatant copies.

With that said, it seems Guild Wars 2 is about to take something from WoW. Reading about the upcoming Wizard's Vault, it sounds extremely similar to WoW's new Trading Post they introduced about 4 months ago or so. Honestly, it's a great addition to WoW and I love it. Very different from a season pass and a lot of fun to work towards things for some really cool rewards.

The Wizard's Vault sounds pretty much like WoW's Trading Post with some changes and improvements here and there. I have been telling a friend who plays WoW about the many, many things Blizzard has taken from this game. I messaged him the other day about GW2 finally taking something from WoW and we both had a good laugh 😃

To be fair, many games take from each other to an extent. But I have felt Blizzard has really been taking it to another level lately.

• Like 1

The topic of housing again.

I'm not really sure how I feel about housing... while I think it could be great if it were designed in the manner I envision, even if it were, I'm guessing the number of gemstones to outfit to taste would be prohibitively expensive... 

But, I have three points... 

1. The continued reference to perceived disappointments in other areas as an argument against... i.e. "fishing didn't satisfy the masses, so housing won't either"???  That attitude makes no sense to me, and I don't understand that mindset of not trying to push forward and improve... 

2.  The notion that somehow Guild Halls and Home Instances are comparable substitutes for Housing... Of course, as I mentioned from the top, it comes down to how housing would be implemented.  But how much time does 95% of the user population spend in the design or implementation of either of those existing instances?  Presumably housing would be an individual effort...

3.  Lastly, what I love about GW2 is the diversity of activities and playstyle... Yes, there will always be varying opinion on how each and every aspect could be improved, but for those who would enjoy building up and outfitting their house  (at whatever crazy collection or gemstone value is implemented), fantastic... it's a new addition to the game.  If housing is not for you, like fishing, pvp, wvw, crafting legendaries, etc., etc., etc... then so be it... Do whatever you do to enjoy the game... 

While I don't know whether I would invest in housing myself, I don't see the harm and welcome the additional diversity... 

Need Wildstar's housing, which PSO2 actually borrowed from very recently when it added player housing in last update~ it's controls could use a lot of work but it's the first time I seen an MMO use that sort of building system with ability to resize anything and creating minigames and such.

I feel bad for the people who've never got to experience Wildstar's. The housing community was the only thing keeping that game alive till it finally died. 

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2023 at 7:59 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I wish they would borrow stuff from GW2 and put it in GW2, such as the newer parachute spawns replacing the ancient EWP implementation.

god this would be so fun I need it, though they'd probably have to make it so that you can't cut the parachute until you're below a height you'd normally be able to get to for gliding reasons

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 10:52 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

Need Wildstar's housing, which PSO2 actually borrowed from very recently when it added player housing in last update~ it's controls could use a lot of work but it's the first time I seen an MMO use that sort of building system with ability to resize anything and creating minigames and such.

I feel bad for the people who've never got to experience Wildstar's. The housing community was the only thing keeping that game alive till it finally died. 

Yeah Windstar or Vanguard/SWG housing. Hell I'd even settle for EQ2's system. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1