What Comes Next? Gathering Nodes? Huh???

Chichimec.9364

Well, now we know what at least one WvW Dev is excited about in the new expansion. @Rubi Bayer.8493 posted a note about what the Anet Devs were most excited about in the SotO expansion. It was fun to read their responses until I got to this one...

• Roy "Roy" Marks, Rewards/WvW Team: Gathering nodes.

I assume he meant that as a joke but if so, it sure fell flat for me. Instead of a bad joke, can the WvW team please give us some info on our missing Alliance Beta?

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Well, now we know what at least one WvW Dev is excited about in the new expansion. @Rubi Bayer.8493 posted a note about what the Anet Devs were most excited about in the SotO expansion. It was fun to read their responses until I got to this one...

I assume he meant that as a joke but if so, it sure fell flat for me. Instead of a bad joke, can the WvW team please give us some info on our missing Alliance Beta?

Yeah I don't want to read into that. Though since their removal there has been a call for the old gathering nods in the WvW maps be added back since, one its mat, but two they were also areas that added in small hotspots around the map as people stopped to harvest when they shouldn't and then small squabbes turned into bigger open field fights. A couple of ideas that have also seen light on the forums was not just nodes but some node farms that might trigger even bigger fights in the open areas of the maps. But I think it will not be this at all hence don't want to get hopes up there that it might be a long term requests seeing light.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

🙄

lol, Xen, the ambushes, nom nom nom, the carnage FTW! It would be....glorious. Well until I told my havoc to move along and they told me they do what they want and then we all died.

The end. Stubborn kitten peeps. 

But still +10 from me mind you.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
expanded

58 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, Xen, the ambushes, nom nom nom, the carnage FTW! It would be....glorious. Well until I told my havoc to move along and they told me they do what they want and then we all died.

The end. Stubborn kitten peeps. 

But still +10 from me mind you.

Well I was eyerolling to the person who's in charge of "wvw reward and balance", not you my friend. 🥓

3 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Well let's be real, what else is there to be excited about in wvw, he's already taken cared of butchering balance and rewards, and alliances have gone back onto the milk cartons. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well I was eyerolling to the person who's in charge of "wvw reward and balance", not you my friend. 🥓

lol, all good. Though reminding me I am out of bacon, well, we will have to talk about that after I finish cursing my own self for that oversight since that makes me the dumbkitten to allow that travesty to occur. /smh

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yeah I don't want to read into that. Though since their removal there has been a call for the old gathering nods in the WvW maps be added back since, one its mat, but two they were also areas that added in small hotspots around the map as people stopped to harvest when they shouldn't and then small squabbes turned into bigger open field fights. A couple of ideas that have also seen light on the forums was not just nodes but some node farms that might trigger even bigger fights in the open areas of the maps. But I think it will not be this at all hence don't want to get hopes up there that it might be a long term requests seeing light.

Sigh...Since he is with the "Rewards/WvW Team" I was wondering if there was a faint possibility that something new and exciting with WvW nodes was coming out that we hadn't heard about yet. Nope. It turns out he meant this...

It's a meme that happened with Roy in MyghtyTeapot twitch chat xD

by TheThief.8475 in the original thread Rubi Bayer posted about this.

So we don't even get a bad joke. All WvW gets is a meme that many of us don't even know anything about.  🙄

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Sigh...Since he is with the "Rewards/WvW Team" I was wondering if there was a faint possibility that something new and exciting with WvW nodes was coming out that we hadn't heard about yet. Nope. It turns out he meant this...

So we don't even get a bad joke. All WvW gets is a meme that many of us don't even know anything about.  🙄

Just FYI: Mods removed my post in that thread in the SotO sub forum. Apparently I should be fine with memes, but Anet can react thin-skinned about a critical question.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You know Roy is a true WvW player when he invokes a community meme instead of saying weird stuff like WvW players are really PvE players. Victory nodes are the real endgame.

For WvW players that seem to be out of the loop, Roy was first an Anet Partner that made a lot of WvW streaming content before he got a job there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You know Roy is a true WvW player when he invokes a community meme instead of saying weird stuff like WvW players are really PvE players. Victory nodes are the real endgame.

For WvW players that seem to be out of the loop, Roy was first an Anet Partner that made a lot of WvW streaming content before he got a job there.

I did not know, this is a good thing, which alone gives credit to the developer . Probably like many of us we would like to give so much more to this modality, but perhaps there are not the conditions to be able to do so.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

We still deserve better than memes and jokes from Anet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I did not know, this is a good thing, which alone gives credit to the developer . Probably like many of us we would like to give so much more to this modality, but perhaps there are not the conditions to be able to do so.

He's likely the only Anet dev you'll see with the Ultimate Dominator title.

Now for my pessimism.  Even if "one of us" gets hired by Anet, WvW improvement still happens slow.  At the end of the day, Anet is still a for-profit organization that has to prioritize resources in a way to remain profitable.  It's always up to the management.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That would be fun and would be an aggro well option without capture point swords. People only dropping in to work towards their Gifts would probably be all in their feels unless the structure nodes were kept also though. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

Is Roy the guy who got pwned by an un-named guild going invis. Over and over. So he gutted engi the next week… and my veteran guild members quit because they were so heartbroken

Who knows?  He usually plays warrior (or at least that's the class I see him on the most) and isn't on the balance team so I would assume the answer is no.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Welp....granted, being the forums aka peanut gallery I can't fault in a good ball being tossed into the air to see where it lands......bright side, it's Friday, so it will be as it will be. Happy reset to the entire gallery from this old Choppa! And may your bags be full on reset!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

That would be fun and would be an aggro well option without capture point swords. People only dropping in to work towards their Gifts would probably be all in their feels unless the structure nodes were kept also though. 

No I would keep the ones in the objectives as well, these others would be free game for fighting over. Was some good fight over just a few scattered ones in the past. Some farms of them....well... 🙂