1 hour ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

If you actually used the correct terms, people would understand you.

No runes are being deleted, the special effects that are going to Relics are coming in and we have to see which arrive and which don't.

Likely we'll see some trim of similar bonuses and end up with "Summon, Passive, Elite skill use, etc" type relics.

@Zebulon.1850 is right tho. Some runes with similar stats, but had different effects, are definitely gonna get deleted/removed either short or long-term.

These 3 runes: Superior Rune of Fireworks, Superior Rune of Surging, and Superior Rune of the Pack share the SAME stats in their first 5 iterations, and only the 6th effect was different, with the last one including a stat bonus (precision), so I doubt seeing how these sets are about power and precision I am sure one of the first two will get removed ... if I understand what was posted.

Sure they can put Power as the last stat in Fireworks and Ferocity in Surging ... but that would be redundant with 3 other rune sets that are all about power and ferocity .. basically, few runes will have to go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Wolfyno.2704 said:

@Zebulon.1850 is right tho. Some runes with similar stats, but had different effects, are definitely gonna get deleted/removed either short or long-term.

These 3 runes: Superior Rune of Fireworks, Superior Rune of Surging, and Superior Rune of the Pack share the SAME stats in their first 5 iterations, and only the 6th effect was different, with the last one including a stat bonus (precision), so I doubt seeing how these sets are about power and precision I am sure one of the first two will get removed ... if I understand what was posted.

Sure they can put Power as the last stat in Fireworks and Ferocity in Surging ... but that would be redundant with 3 other rune sets that are all about power and ferocity .. basically, few runes will have to go.

As of now:
Fireworks: (6): Gain 25% movement speed. Gain 6 stacks of Might, Fury and Vigor for 6 seconds while in combat. (Cooldown: 20 Seconds)
Surging: (6): +25% Movement Speed; gain shocking aura for 4 seconds after using an elite skill. (Cooldown: 45 seconds)
Pack: (6): +125 Precision; grant nearby allies 5 stacks of Might, Fury and Swiftness for 8 seconds while in combat. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds)

So I believe they said Movement Speed it staying a Stat for these purposes. There will be some re-balancing, but nothing deleted. In the example you used, I'm thinking they will be:
+25% Movement speed
+125 Precision
+125 Power

and that still leaves room for a 4th (technically) different rune for Ferocity as its last bonus. I'm not saying this is a great setup, but I imagine this is what will be done.

Edited by idpersona.3810
cleaned up some link text
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

They (Noah) seems to be equating the new Relic to the 7th "rune" in their example. But for anyone who has been up to date with this coming change, that sort of mixing and matching of terms is somewhat grating. It is also possible English isn't their first language.

alright. this thread is just super confusing.

It seems straight forward to me : There's 100 runes (stat sets), and therefor there will be 100 unique rune effects...give or take due to the whole anet adding new expansion runes, and them consolidating a few sets. Either way by the end of this we should still have roughly similiar number o. Any deviation from that expectation I think would be pretty bad.

24 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

alright. this thread is just super confusing.

It seems straight forward to me : There's 100 runes (stat sets), and therefor there will be 100 unique rune effects...give or take due to the whole anet adding new expansion runes, and them consolidating a few sets. Either way by the end of this we should still have roughly similiar number o. Any deviation from that expectation I think would be pretty bad.

No Anet is not adding any expansion runes.

They are adding 12 relics and 40 core relics so 59 of the currenct core runes wont have a relic with the same name.

Edit

And according to the new announcment it seems they will only add expansion relics going forward not core ones that they said they would.

Edited by Linken.6345

5 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Well, I was right lol. They deleted and removed so many good things. Radiance is gone. All 10% hp bonus are gone. Antitoxin is useless now. Aristocracy deleted.

Trying again....can you explain what you mean? Are you just saying there isn't a relic version of those (now former) 6th rune slot bonuses?

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Well, I was right lol. They deleted and removed so many good things. Radiance is gone. All 10% hp bonus are gone. Antitoxin is useless now. Aristocracy deleted.

Can maybe provide a screenshot? I don’t know how the acquisition works and I’m not in game but maybe you can go to pvp and see what the story is there?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also it seems that you need to buy the expansion to get the Relic Chest they announced to compensate the loss of the 6th rune. 

Old system was better. Don't get fooled into supporting those ppl anymore. Wayfarer's Reverie starts in 3 days. GW1 still better, good thing they stopped messing with that game years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

I read the wiki and it says that there’s 40 core relics, 12 expansion relics and that they will be rolling out more over time. This seems in line with what they’ve already said about releasing the expansion in increments so, I think they’ll make their way back to 100 in a few patches

I guess now is just asking if the relic designs are interesting or not. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

So, people are kind of going back and forth, and I've lost track of what the actual change was.

From what I'm understanding, is the situation that all runes will remain in the game but that their level 6 ability is removed? Ie, Rune of the Zephyrite no longer grants superspeed?

What seems to be is that they stripped the original 6th rune bonus and turn them into relics, then replace the 6th rune bonus with a stat instead, so I guess we just have to find relic that will restore our now lost rune bonus.

• Like 1