New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Did they really mess dailies up as bad as this sounds?
Anyone have screen shots of the dailies/weeklies? (I'm at work)

You can choose blindly to pick 3 dailieis from one game mode or one from each. Then you are committed to the three give you to do plus a login.

Yes, they somehow downgraded the experience. Im quite impressed. It's very anti-GW2. They are clearly changing the game into a mobile type mmo and slowly ditching bits of GW2 which worked fine before and didn't need changing. There's a lot of very bizarre changes in this expac with red flags attached to where they are heading

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

Extremely frustrated by this. Came back to the game this year.

Instead of having the freedom to catch up on content at my own pace, I am now forced to do the new story if I want the daily box? Whoever thought that limiting players to 4 quests per day would be a good idea?

• Like 27
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

You can choose blindly to pick 3 dailieis from one game mode or one from each. Then you are committed to the three give you to do plus a login.

Yes, they somehow downgraded the experience. Im quite impressed

Wow that sucks.
Do you know if the tasks are random per player? Or are they the same set dailes for everyone, as they were before? Like if both my wife and I choose only PvE, do we get the same 3 tasks?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Wow that sucks.
Do you know if the tasks are random per player? Or are they the same set dailes for everyone, as they were before? Like if both my wife and I choose only PvE, do we get the same 3 tasks?

I was watching Mukluk play and his dailies are different from mine.
I have the same problem - my boyfriend won't be playing anymore if we cannot do dailies together  :(

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 10

1 minute ago, Karanoia.2091 said:

I have the same problem - my boyfriend won't be playing anymore if we cannot do dailies together  😞

Thnx for the answer. Sounds like this is pretty horrible implementation.

I really don't understand some of the change decisions that have gone into today.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Karanoia.2091 said:

I have the same problem - my boyfriend won't be playing anymore if we cannot do dailies together  😞

The dailies seem to change entirely based on which expansions you own. I'm guessing today is EoD first, so anyone with EoD should have EoD dailies.

For comparison, the PvE dailies are:

EoD:  use 3 combo skills, complete the spirit vestibule mini dungeon, dodge 3 times
PoF: complete a renown heart, kill 5 veterans, crystal desert vista
Core: gather 10 plants, kill 10 enemies, salvage 10 items

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

So you can only check 1 mode or all 3 ?

What if I play PVE and WVw and only want to check those 2 modes, do I get 1 daily from PVE and 2 from WvW, vice versa or As asked above can you only check 1 mode or all 3, no in between?

You can check multiple, but that will restrict you further as you only get 1 preset daily from each

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Wow that sucks.

It's not random, but I think depends on what content you own. It's highly restrictive though. The rewards are a mix of low cost (eg 10 astrals for a bag of laurels) and high cost ( hundreds for skins and and gear). Saving means sacrificing getting rewards early on. If you want 1 gold, you need 6 astral tokens. You get 1g for doing all 4 dailies, which is less than before and you need to spend tokens to get back what you were earning yesterday for less

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 7