Golems, Rockdogs and Horrors oh my [Merged]

1 hour ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

How dare anet you took my golem away! I want my personnal golem from my rune in a relic now!  Its an insult to any asuran player! I NEED MY GOLEM NOW! Its been a part of my build for 11 years now, I dont care about your fancy new relic system if you dont give me my golem!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!

how dare you dont forget about my rock dog. lol. i was hoping they would have made it a relic

• Like 3

I mentioned this on another post, but Im betting its a balancing issue. There may have been concern that the summon relics would become quite powerful when paired with certain runes, whereas before the summons were tied only to specific runes that they knew wouldn't do that.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

I mentioned this on another post, but Im betting its a balancing issue. There may have been concern that the summon relics would become quite powerful when paired with certain runes, whereas before the summons were tied only to specific runes that they knew wouldn't do that.

If that were the case, they could have merely nerfed the strength of the summons rather than removing them from the game entirely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

I find it almost impossible to believe that A-Net could be so short sighted that they would remove these rune bonuses without adding them as Relics.  They have to have known how popular these were.  

Arenanet did clarify since the beginning, that they can't bring all relics from the start, and that they will add them bit by bit

• Thanks 1

wait, Golem is gone?!

i haven't played in a few months (i usually pop in, complete the new world story content and vanish)

i literally have an asuran golemancer who i play all around Golems, and you're telling me in an EXPANSION they've taken my content away?!

wow anet...just wow.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Shufflepants.9785 said:

If that were the case, they could have merely nerfed the strength of the summons rather than removing them from the game entirely.

It could be the case still, and they just didn't think anyone would be happy with it. Given the lashback, if its true then they may shift gears and give those to us in relics in the future. I've noticed a lot of players on here are very function oriented, not really caring about environmental or aesthetic stuff (pushback on development into houses, new skins, etc etc), and honestly those summons were already so weak they could have just been like "if we nerf this any further it'll be totally useless", not remembering that some people play for more than just big numbers and would have their builds ruined by it.

Honestly, I'm hoping that I'm right simply because it may end up following your suggestion after the reaction they've gotten so far.

Edited by Ganogati.8963
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ganogati.8963 said:

It could be the case still, and they just didn't think anyone would be happy with it. Given the lashback, if its true then they may shift gears and give those to us in relics in the future. I've noticed a lot of players on here are very function oriented, not really caring about environmental or aesthetic stuff (pushback on development into houses, new skins, etc etc), and honestly those summons were already so weak they could have just been like "if we nerf this any further it'll be totally useless", not remember some people play for more than just big numbers.

Honestly, I'm hoping that I'm right simply because it may end up following your suggestion after the reaction they've gotten so far.

i would bet money most people got the rock dog or the golem because they were fun to play with rather than what stat in increased.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, trunks.5249 said:

i would bet money most people got the rock dog or the golem because they were fun to play with rather than what stat in increased.  

Honestly, I agree. I would have. I never thought about those runes before now, but now that folks have been talking about them, all I can think is "Man... that rock dog woulda looked cool on my elementalist. Kind of wish I had run that before".

Im sorry they're gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I just miss my Rock Dogs, they were part of two of my characters’ backstories and not just a combat tool, and my wife built her character’s story around the ravens summed by the Mad King set.

I hope they release the relics for those soon (they should have been in the free sets).

• Like 8

Just now, AzureWolf.9150 said:

I just miss my Rock Dogs, they were part of two of my characters’ backstories and not just a combat tool, and my wife built her character’s story around the ravens summed by the Mad King set.

I hope they release the relics for those soon (they should have been in the free sets).

100% agree they should have. me i used the rock dog with my ranger cool to have two pets out

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, AzureWolf.9150 said:

My main name is literally Zzik the Golemancer, he was my buddy, my little golem... I use him since the very first time I found out about the existence of the rune. Hes been with me for 9 years...

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AzureWolf.9150 said:

With any luck, the Mad King one will be reissued for the Halloween event. Probably not free to replace what was already there, but if that one comes back, that's the time it will happen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

I find it almost impossible to believe that A-Net could be so short sighted that they would remove these rune bonuses without adding them as Relics.  They have to have known how popular these were.  

Nothing to do with shortsightedness, they were intended as huge nerfs to all the rune buffs. Take the Runes of Dwayna for example, they had increased maximum health bonus, increased regeneration effectiveness and increased regeneration durations but now the Relic of Dwayna gives only increased regeneration effectiveness, that's it. A huge nerf.

Glad that I didn't buy SotO. Booo.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

With any luck, the Mad King one will be reissued for the Halloween event. Probably not free to replace what was already there, but if that one comes back, that's the time it will happen.

I was thinking that too.  Something new to buy with corncobs 🙂

On 8/22/2023 at 11:39 PM, Liewec.2896 said:

wait, Golem is gone?!

i haven't played in a few months (i usually pop in, complete the new world story content and vanish)

i literally have an asuran golemancer who i play all around Golems, and you're telling me in an EXPANSION they've taken my content away?!

wow anet...just wow.

They obviously don't like us having fun, now i had a Charr warrior and he is a tiger pirate got the peg leg and everything and of course for the hilarity fun factor i had privateer runes on, because he gets to shout YAAArrrrhhh and has a loyal parrot that will come and help him, or he did have, now left sobbing in DR, we  have had these runes for years in game how dare they destroy RP i wont be pre ordering ever again.

Edited by deffy.1320
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

People actually ran these? Well, I know for certain the golem was used for a certain mechanist build but not anymore. These runes were absolute trash from the start. 
That's also why snowcrows or hardstruck not used them in their builds. Especially since you can't control these things and they would end up pulling stuff in or make the boss focus them instead of the stacked group. This is also why minions on necro suck. A ranger pet you can at least set to passive (which 90% of ranger players don't seem to know as it seems) just like the mech but everything else is out of control and that's why usually rangers (especially longbow rangers who spam knockback and have no idea how to put the kitten bear to passive) and necros ended up getting kicked from groups instantly. 

I really hate the relic design btw and what they did to monk and torment runes. How am I supposed to play my qdps harbinger and hfb or druid now. Especially with api down so I can't check snowcrows to update all my builds. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

People actually ran these? Well, I know for certain the golem was used for a certain mechanist build but not anymore. These runes were absolute trash from the start. 
That's also why snowcrows or hardstruck not used them in their builds. Especially since you can't control these things and they would end up pulling stuff in or make the boss focus them instead of the stacked group. This is also why minions on necro suck. A ranger pet you can at least set to passive (which 90% of ranger players don't seem to know as it seems) just like the mech but everything else is out of control and that's why usually rangers (especially longbow rangers who spam knockback and have no idea how to put the kitten bear to passive) and necros ended up getting kicked from groups instantly. 

There's more to this game than the meta, instanced content, and group dynamics. Anet has apparently forgotten that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

There's more to this game than the meta, instanced content, and group dynamics. Anet has apparently forgotten that.

The golem was probably at its most annoying -to other players- in regular ow gameplay.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4