it's time to rework stealth

Eddie.9143

Just remove criticals when on stealth and reduce -33% Condition Duration (applied). On stealth and two seconds after stealth. Leaving stealth skills as a pure defensive option. Also would be nice to remove criticals on TP skills.

Add a trait that only allows thieves to do these things and fixed class identity either.

Edited by AlPower.2476
lul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

...In the Past (as a newbie)...

Me: Stealth?  Where? Where is that person? starts to be shocked and doesn't do anything but seems afraid to chase the Hidden one.

...In the Present....

Me: Stealth? Come out, come out wherever you are! autoattacks, places area of effect abilities on the ground, pops the fireworks, attempts to predict the time the Hidden one might strike, evades the Hidden one's incoming, significant skill(s), keeps on fighting till the end of the combat(Victory or Death!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

...In the Past (as a newbie)...

Me: Stealth?  Where? Where is that person? starts to be shocked and doesn't do anything but seems afraid to chase the Hidden one.

...In the Present....

Me: Stealth? Come out, come out wherever you are! autoattacks, places area of effect abilities on the ground, pops the fireworks, attempts to predict the time the Hidden one might strike, evades the Hidden one's incoming, significant skill(s), keeps on fighting till the end of the combat(Victory or Death!)

SAME! Changes nothing good players will wait, some won't even attack in that stealth, they'll stealth again and wait for you to blow some more abilities and defensive or dodges in anticipation of an opening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Guild Wars 2 WvW ! Le voleur / thief ! Stealth and port is broken LMAO ! delete this class pls"

this video of Thief Profession player never gets old. Even the Thief Profession including other Thief Profession players, are calling out on Anet to delete this Bad Design Toxic Profession with Toxic Stealth Mechanic including Exploit Portal.

The amount of Disrespect and Disregard Anet has for the PvP and WvW Community is beyond words. Especially to those who continue trussing Anet with their wallet in hope of Anet  fixing the game especially Stealth Mechanic...is beyond Outrage and Foolish.

"You Can't Stop A Person From Doing What They Want To Do. They'll Start Lying To You To Continue Continue Doing It" 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

16 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Guild Wars 2 WvW ! Le voleur / thief ! Stealth and port is broken LMAO ! delete this class pls"

this video of Thief Profession player never gets old. Even the Thief Profession including other Thief Profession players, are calling out on Anet to delete this Bad Design Toxic Profession with Toxic Stealth Mechanic including Exploit Portal.

The amount of Disrespect and Disregard Anet has for the PvP and WvW Community is beyond words. Especially to those who continue trussing Anet with their wallet in hope of Anet  fixing the game especially Stealth Mechanic...is beyond Outrage and Foolish.

"You Can't Stop A Person From Doing What They Want To Do. They'll Start Lying To You To Continue Continue Doing It" 

Burnfall again........video is 11 months old......xD

So u wanna say that D/D is now also OP or what?  XD

And imagine beeing in the SPvP forum and using a WvW Video as "prove" . Makes no sense.

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Burial.1958 said:

Burnfall again........video is 11 months old......xD

So u wanna say that D/D is now also OP or what?  XD

And imagine beeing in the SPvP forum and using a WvW Video as "prove" . Makes no sense.

My friend, Thief Profession is a threat everywhere. The best thing to do is to show PvP and WvW Community that their Toxicity including Stealth Mechanic is not needed anywhere. 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

My friend, Thief Profession is a threat everywhere. The best thing to do is to show PvP and WvW Community that their Toxicity including Stealth Mechanic is not needed anywhere. 

I went to WvW recently and spent 40 minutes either getting hunted by groups of 2-4 or trying to contribute meager damage in a zerg, when I wasnt getting revealed by keeps or sentries.

Where exactly is the thief toxicity? Besides in people's heads, I mean. Cause it kinda seems people are just mad at what they used to be.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

there are multiple options available to anet. One option could be that any action other than walking removes stealth or another could be that you don't get stealthed instantly anymore but have a 1-2 second fade time where you are slowly turning invisible. There are many options to make stealth more balanced than it is right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I would actually like to see stealth removed entirely. Not because I think stealth is OP, but because the Thief class keeps getting balanced around something that is... pretty laughably bad in 90% of combat situations.

Oh wow, you can disappear and not participate in the fight, then get marked by a warrior shout and die in two seconds. Good job.

Even in PVE, stealth is next to useless, with thieves often popping stealth... then re-emerging dead because of a stray AOE. 

Just strip it, and focus more on refining the otherwise spammy initiative system into a more interesting combo-heavy system perhaps, or rebuild it entirely. As it stands, it's simultaneously painfully bad, but also painfully annoying when someone manages to actually play thief just well enough that they're not being marked and slaughtered in under 30 seconds.

Dead or annoying isn't a great class design concept.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Ah okay and that is why all modes has at least 90% thiefs and the zergs are full with them and every commander is crying for more thief players............also PvE! I was in Amnytas and i only saw thief players or precise i smelled them because they where all in perma stealth so i could not see them directly. 🥸

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 12:03 AM, AlPower.2476 said:

Just remove criticals when on stealth and reduce -33% Condition Duration (applied). On stealth and two seconds after stealth. Leaving stealth skills as a pure defensive option.

Also would be nice to remove criticals on TP skills. Add a trait that only allows thieves to do that and fixed class identity either.

Are you out of your ever liveing mind? did you even read what you wrote? You want to take away the best offensive option for a class that has no DAMAGE REDUCTION or even offers anything valuable else to a team outside of decapping? Thief does damage and at the moment that is the ONLY thing it can do and way far and away from the best class at doing that. Iv read you anti-thief post and every single one is a incoherant mess that shows you have never played a thief or understand literally anything about the class. You need to take a seat a stop posting about what you very clearly do not understand.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

People out here consistently channeling ancient, dusty thief trauma from 2016 and wondering why every thief main hasn't been banned because one named "Johnny Slickfingers" jumped on their corpse one too many times after they got caught out by a camp in WvW alone.

and the weight of that remains with them, like a prison ball.

Unshackle yourself lmao.

7 hours ago, RatherUnexpected.5603 said:

I would actually like to see stealth removed entirely. Not because I think stealth is OP, but because the Thief class keeps getting balanced around something that is... pretty laughably bad in 90% of combat situations.

[puts politeness down]

I'm fine with this or the current timeline, as long as the survivability is adjusted to match and the focus doesn't immediately shift to exaggerating two or three weapon evades across two weapon sets to "thief has three billion evades" without heckling. I am almost certain some people won't be satisfied unless thief indicates an easy kill by their presence, and those people should never get what they want. They were able to do it for warrior and it took several years for them to crawl out of the "free" pit.

If you can make an argument that it's unfair, fine. But I have yet to see such an argument, especially one that justifies forcing every thief player across all spheres of this game to unlearn years of muscle memory because you cannot personally be bothered to have a shred of object permanence. A large portion of the sentiment is just resentment. Some people have some auditory issues that would justify some adjustments to how skills that support stealth look and sound, etc, but a lot of y'all are just not over getting mugged 5 years ago, and in some cases have the videos to match.

Either way y'all will get mixed. The issue isn't the stealth at the end of the day. Every thief weapon set has had a turn on the nerf chopping block due to community hangups that rarely had to do with stealth (See: infiltrators arrow, vault, pistol whip, acrobatics in general, pistol, dagger).

if stealth annoys you despite all the nerfing stacked on thief when the issue was something else, good. 

[picks politeness back up]

Dead or annoying isn't a great class design concept.

Most of the players with a hangup at the "annoying" part just want the "dead" part, or they would be recognizing the implications of reworking/removing stealth and suggesting rebalancing to thief that goes beyond vague gesturing that something good should happen (and a couple of them actively think there will be no hit to thief functionality, or that any hit thereof will be deserved.)

If I'm wrong about that, floor's open.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Padra.1678 said:

Are you out of your ever liveing mind? did you even read what you wrote? You want to take away the best offensive option for a class that has no DAMAGE REDUCTION or even offers anything valuable else to a team outside of decapping? Thief does damage and at the moment that is the ONLY thing it can do and way far and away from the best class at doing that. Iv read you anti-thief post and every single one is a incoherant mess that shows you have never played a thief or understand literally anything about the class. You need to take a seat a stop posting about what you very clearly do not understand.

You must learn how to read a full text properly.  Be careful, fake news sites (doesn't matter your ideology side) loves that kind of bad habits.

I'm going to edit the comment and highlight where I said only thieves should be allowed this

Edited by AlPower.2476
Removing passive-aggresive lines
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1