please make the new essences depositable!

Essence of Triumph, Greed and Despair need to have a storage slot please!  They are crafting materials and should have a space in storage.  We don't need more items that we need to hang on to for crafting just cluttering up inventory bags.  Thanks!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 12

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Let's hope it is an oversight. Jade Runestones and Ancient Summoning Stones still can't be deposited.

yeah but you cant get 250+ of those in just a couple hours of game play, but I do agree that those should be depositable too!  they can fix them when they fix the essences!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Moi.5013 said:

yeah but you cant get 250+ of those in just a couple hours of game play, but I do agree that those should be depositable too!  they can fix them when they fix the essences!

This tbh... but we also can't deposit Baubles either. So we might need to start praying.

Do they have any use already?

• Like 2

I'm gonna hijack this one and ask if there'd be a way for us to opt out of getting bloodstone dust (a.k.a "the red thing") as well as "the purple thing" and "the yellow thing" - yes they're depositable and used for a lot of things but even so I've run out of uses for them a long time ago and the cluttering and inventory management derived from their existence, even on a maxed out material storage, is beyond annoying. At this point I've placed their stacks in shared slots so I can deposit mats without having to clear out dozens of stacks of them at a time from my storage every so often.... still annoying but moderately less annoyingly so. I'm not asking to have them removed or anything, just code in a couple lines that give us the option to stop getting them altogether, pretty kitten please ❤️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Perisemiotics.4579 said:

I'm gonna hijack this one and ask if there'd be a way for us to opt out of getting bloodstone dust (a.k.a "the red thing") as well as "the purple thing" and "the yellow thing" - yes they're depositable and used for a lot of things but even so I've run out of uses for them a long time ago and the cluttering and inventory management derived from their existence, even on a maxed out material storage, is beyond annoying. At this point I've placed their stacks in shared slots so I can deposit mats without having to clear out dozens of stacks of them at a time from my storage every so often.... still annoying but moderately less annoyingly so. I'm not asking to have them removed or anything, just code in a couple lines that give us the option to stop getting them altogether, pretty kitten please ❤️

You can get various gobblers for them. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

You can get various gobblers for them. Otherwise delete.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter

I used to do that years ago... aren't those ones that give back boxes? I don't wanna be opening more and more boxes lol - that's exactly what i don't want to do, to spend time managing and meta-managing inventory. for items I have no use for anymore. Even if occasionally I get some T6 mats from them, i don't need them or want that. This kind of pointless looping ANet does with these boxes within boxes and boxes from "reward" items... the root solution is simple, give me an option not to drop the thing from which they've had to artificially create "converters" for.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Perisemiotics.4579 said:

I used to do that years ago... aren't those ones that give back boxes? I don't wanna be opening more and more boxes lol - that's exactly what i don't want to do, to spend time managing and meta-managing inventory. for items I have no use for anymore. Even if occasionally I get some T6 mats from them, i don't need them or want that. This kind of pointless looping ANet does with these boxes within boxes and boxes from "reward" items... the root solution is simple, give me an option not to drop the thing from which they've had to artificially create "converters" for.

That’s perfectly fair. Just wanted to make sure you knew there was an alternative to deleting if you wanted one.

A jade bot module that auto converts them into something useful would be nice. That’d give people a choice between still needing them or getting something else.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, Rose.2593 said:

From the bug notes - 

• Motivation crafting materials cannot be stored in material storage. We have a fix for this coming in a future build, and in the meantime, they can be stored in your bank. 

So topic is solved and now mods need to close this topic.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

So topic is solved and now mods need to close this topic.

Disagree. Obsidian armor is going to cost upwards of 20k essences total, having them in material storage means absolutely nothing. That would be like having volatile magic as a stackable item that could go to mat storage.

They need to be a wallet currency with numbers that high, I seriously hope they aren't actually considering just putting them in material storage and calling it a day. I'd rather not have my entire bank and inventory full of them just to make armor.

• Like 7