New metas are extremely unrewarding(proof inside)

If you look at the Wizard's Vault, the ability to just grab a bunch of gold using dailies and weeklies seems pretty crazy, so maybe ArenaNet were hesitant to overload the economy with big event rewards on top of that. Maybe these awesome metas will fall by the wayside in short order. Will likely happen anyway with the release of the next map.

Time will tell.

Edited by Kalibri.5861

7 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

As predicted, fast farming made up obscene numbers to pretend this content is worth doing. Why do they do this? I have no clue, but it's blatantly obvious at this point. It's also sad everyone is blindly believing them, just like I said.

Go look at the items you get in your bags next time you do this meta, it's < 2g.

weird, perhaps is how they database is feed?

they work on "samples", perhaps theres not enough data yet, due to things are too new.

On 8/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, Malus.2184 said:

Are you talking about the lack of a Hero's Choice chest?
Unfortunately, none of us knows the full rewards yet since there's a blasted chest in there that requires the Mastery for Greater Chests >.< I would like to ask who thought this was a great idea.

As long you don't need a special key to open it, then it doesn't matter that much as you only need to work toward getting that Master track to unlock that ability which make it possible to open Greater Arcane Chests after some "hacking" on keyboard.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:37 AM, Shiyo.3578 said:

I'm sure the fast farming site will make up some number about how good it is and the entire player base will blindly believe it again.

However, 3 rares and 2 t6 mats is not rewarding. That's worse than farming queensdale.

EDIT: Not even fast farming could save these awful metas. Look at their gold!

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

Skywatch - 2g 18s

Amnytas - 2g 97s

Edit2: As predicted, fast farming made up obscene numbers to pretend this content is worth doing. Why do they do this? I have no clue, but it's blatantly obvious at this point. It's also sad everyone is blindly believing them, just like I said.

Go look at the items you get in your bags next time you do this meta, it's < 2g.

This thread presents perfectly how it was made in order to complain no matter what. Bad gold estimates right after release? -"oooh, not even they could save it, terrible rewards!"; High estimates later on (with values, even if accurate, probably still inflated due to the content/achievements/loot being new)? -"ooooh I knew they'll make something up!". At this point, why are you even linking anything when "low is bad" and "high is a lie and still bad"? 🙃

On 8/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

As predicted, fast farming made up obscene numbers to pretend this content is worth doing. Why do they do this? I have no clue, but it's blatantly obvious at this point. It's also sad everyone is blindly believing them, just like I said.

Or maybe you could just read where the gold values come from.

On 8/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

It's really sad how people treat this site like a farming bible.

You literally posted it in your own thread as a point of reference.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

As long you don't need a special key to open it, then it doesn't matter that much as you only need to work toward getting that Master track to unlock that ability which make it possible to open Greater Arcane Chests after some "hacking" on keyboard.

You do need a special key to open it in the form of the Mastery. The good thing is that they key is permanent once you acquire the key.

• Confused 1

1. You are 100% wrong. The Fast website is accurate. I would rather trust that website over a random forumer anyways.

The main reason why the profit margin is so high, is because the Hero's Choice chest grants either a Pouch of Stardust or Case of Captured Lightning, which can then be crafted into a Stormforged weapon (~30g on the TP) or a Storm's Eye weapon (~20g on the TP).  Only use Profit/hr as a point of reference, you will not make that much gold because these events usually run every 2 hours. 

2.  Not every map meta has to be rewarding in Gold/hour. Or even in Raw Mats to sell for gold.

The main staying power of the maps will be to farm for the Legendary Armor, not gold.  These maps yield a high number of provisioner tokens if you are able to craft the Stormforged/Storm's Eye weapons (5 x 10 vendors = 50 Tokens per day). You will also need alot of the Map Currencies to unlock the Legendary Armor as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Defias.1892 said:

1. You are 100% wrong. The Fast website is accurate. I would rather trust that website over a random forumer anyways.

The main reason why the profit margin is so high, is because the Hero's Choice chest grants either a Pouch of Stardust or Case of Captured Lightning, which can then be crafted into a Stormforged weapon (~30g on the TP) or a Storm's Eye weapon (~20g on the TP).  Only use Profit/hr as a point of reference, you will not make that much gold because these events usually run every 2 hours. 

2.  Not every map meta has to be rewarding in Gold/hour. Or even in Raw Mats to sell for gold.

The main staying power of the maps will be to farm for the Legendary Armor, not gold.  These maps yield a high number of provisioner tokens if you are able to craft the Stormforged/Storm's Eye weapons (5 x 10 vendors = 50 Tokens per day). You will also need alot of the Map Currencies to unlock the Legendary Armor as well.

Don’t bother OP with facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Markodius.4076 said:

Noone is lying. It's a case of interpreting data.

In this case, practically all of the value of those two metas lies in crafting and selling stormforged/storm's eye weapons. Which sell for nice gold now, but whose value is going down fast.

Notice how Amnytas/Skywatch gph profits (at the moment i am checking at 117g/79g repsectively) were both 30gph higher yesterday, and (as documented by an image on previous page of this thread) at ~1000gph/800gph respectively previous week. BTW, the original values of ~2g (direct value, not gph, i assume) were likely from before those weapons even had any price.

Notice, that the weapons themselves aren't really hard or costly to craft, which means their value will likely bottom at maybe 1/10th of what they are at still. Their price is currently inflated only by desire of some people to have their collections finished Right Now (TM), but that's not going to last (it's barely a week since release and the prices have already downgraded significantly).

In the end those metas will be lucky to end up with gph values of around ~10, and even those will be theoretical, because they will be dependant on the weapons actually selling at their theoretical values.

That's a typical issue with [fast ] and their conversion of value via crafting - it almost universally only works out at below the stated expectations.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Defias.1892 said:

It remains to be seen if legendary armor is enough to carry these metas and rift hunting. If players generally decide it’s easier and faster to flip camps or afk PvP or farm gold for raid carried then the metas will die and rifts will be a huge burden.

If these metas and rift farming provided a decent reward apart from Obsidian armor mats it would keep the population engaged with them so that Obsidian armor remains doable years from now.

• Confused 3