Why would u make ascended armor/weapons accessable via dailies?

On 8/25/2023 at 9:24 PM, Ganogati.8963 said:

As someone who doesn't really enjoy crafting, I'm kind of happy to hear I can get ascended gear via dailies now. I have more reason to do dailies with that change.

You do know you can get ascended gear, weapons and trinkets via fractals, strikes, per LW map currency and achievements quite easily right?

And from what I have experienced you don't have to wait for at least 3 months for a complete set.

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Sad 1

it's 1 weapon chest and 3 armor chests in THREE months. Hardly a big dent in the ascended market. 

The old login rewards gave one exotic piece a month. It's barely more rewarding (5% increase in stats is negligible).

I have no issue with it.

Edited by Mrs Lana.2506
  • Like 3

Lurker veteran here just chiming in. Grandmaster is not difficult to achieve, there’s YouTube guides to get you from 1-400 and then 400-500 in an hour or two if you have the mats ready to go. There’s always going to be people who don’t want to craft and will give crafters profit but let’s not kid ourselves here, there’s no blood sweat and tears poured into this, much less worth getting upset about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Or i could complain and the devs could see it and change it back, as they should.  ANd i am diversified this was just one of my ways of making gold, and I dont like it being eliminated for the benefit of a bunch of new players who dont have to put in any work like veteran players did when it was already balanced in the first place.

Ascended prices have dropped over 50% over the years. So where were you then? Stuff like spiritwood has frequently sold at a loss, some of these components can even drop for free! Oh, and as it turns out there's legendary gear, and most of the game doesn't require anything better than exotic so new players don't even need it especially when the biggest stat boost comes from trinkets that don;t need craft. Plus 4/6 a season when people play multiple characters is a drop in the bucket.

Like I said earlier, I sold ascended stuff because I forgot it was even a thing but I got some for free.

The truth is you were on a sinking ship and only noticed when the water was coming in. Wait...

But what do you know? The price increased

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/46736-Spiritwood-Plank

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/46738-Deldrimor-Steel-Ingot

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/46741-Bolt-of-Damask

I don't even have the expansion, but made a good chunk for doing about nothing. Isn't that the capitalism you adhere by great? I profit every expansion without playing the game because folks like you will always panic sell. They should do it more often.

If you really want to complain, tell Anet to bring back underwater content so you have a market for ascended underwater gear. You'll have a better chance than this.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know I dont care much about raids or fractals, maybe they should just make all the rewards from that content achievable by logging in. SINCE I DONT CARE ABOUT IT ID BE FINE WITH THAT.  just make magnetitie shards and legendary insights available from dailies, same with all the skins and mini pets and achieves all from the daily currency.

When you guys go to complain about it, ILL CHIME IN WITH SOMETHING LIKE. "ITS REALLY GREAT FOR NEW PLAYERS", "THIS INCENTIVIZES NEW PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME". 

Then on your post complaining about it, (because it affects the game mode you enjoy) ill post "LAUGHING FACE, CONFUSED EMOTE" LOL, FIND SOME OTHER CONTENT TO ENJOY, WHO CARES, RAIDING ISNT AN INTENDED GAMEPLAY MODE, MORE WHINING VETERAN PLAYERS, YOU'RE HOARDING YOUR RAIDS AND ALL THE MATERIALS YOU GOT FROM THEM WHICH IS PREDATORY TO NEW PLAYERS BY DOING THINGS LIKE CHARGING FOR RAID CLEARS, TIME TO MAKE ALL THIS STUFF AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE FROM DAILIES, "CRY MORE." "OH YOUR EXCLUSIVE REWARDS AND TREASURES ARE BEING INFRINGED UPON, BOO HOO"  "OH YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT IN RAIDS ARE BEING DEMINIMIZED, WHO CARES RAIDS WERE EASY TO BEGIN WITH, SO YOUR UPSET IS IRRELEVANT"

SEEMS GOOD, LETS DO THAT.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You know I dont care much about raids or fractals, maybe they should just make all the rewards from that content achievable by logging in. SINCE I DONT CARE ABOUT IT ID BE FINE WITH THAT.  just make magnetitie shards and legendary insights available from dailies, same with all the skins and mini pets and achieves all from the daily currency.

When you guys go to complain about it, ILL CHIME IN WITH SOMETHING LIKE. "ITS REALLY GREAT FOR NEW PLAYERS", "THIS INCENTIVIZES NEW PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME". 

Then on your post complaining about it, (because it affects the game mode you enjoy) ill post "LAUGHING FACE, CONFUSED EMOTE" LOL, FIND SOME OTHER CONTENT TO ENJOY, WHO CARES, RAIDING ISNT AN INTENDED GAMEPLAY MODE, MORE WHINING VETERAN PLAYERS, YOU'RE HOARDING YOUR RAIDS AND ALL THE MATERIALS YOU GOT FROM THEM WHICH IS PREDATORY TO NEW PLAYERS BY DOING THINGS LIKE CHARGING FOR RAID CLEARS, TIME TO MAKE ALL THIS STUFF AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE FROM DAILIES, "CRY MORE." "OH YOUR EXCLUSIVE REWARDS AND TREASURES ARE BEING INFRINGED UPON, BOO HOO"  "OH YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT IN RAIDS ARE BEING DEMINIMIZED, WHO CARES RAIDS WERE EASY TO BEGIN WITH, SO YOUR UPSET IS IRRELEVANT"

SEEMS GOOD, LETS DO THAT.

How can someone be upset over... 4 boxes of Ascended gear?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I think it's weird they made it available for that currency, but at the same time it's kind of....  "eh? 🤷‍♂️"  
OP, what exactly were you making your sick gold from, that's now disrupted by anet? I think it shouldn't be an issue for you to share now when you claim nobody buys those anyways?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

How can someone be upset over... 4 boxes of Ascended gear?

oh im not upset 2021.  I think they should make ALL currencies/armor/achievments/skins from all other gamemodes I DONT PLAY available in the dailies.  THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME. I'd be sure to chime in on all the complaint threads about it too and show the same courtesy I was shown in this thread.  ITS ONLY FAIR i mean if my issue isnt a real issue, then others shouldnt be effected by a change to dailies like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

oh im not upset mr. 2021.  I think they should make ALL currencies/armor/achievments/skins from all other gamemodes I DONT PLAY available in the dailies.  THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME. I'd be sure to chime in on all the complaint threads about it too and show the same courtesy I was shown in this thread.  ITS ONLY FAIR i mean if my issue isnt a real issue, then others shouldnt be effected by a change to dailies like that.

You might want to figure out how the forums work before going on about such things. I would assume you would have learnt it since you joined in 2017.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You might want to figure out how the forums work before going on about such things. I would assume you would have learnt it since you joined in 2017.

forums were overhauled in 2017 anyone earlier than 2017 it says 2017. urs doesnt say that and you don't seem to be aware of that, so i can only assume.  Also if you made an account earlier than that and never decided to post until 2021 lol, I doubt that since you have 1k posts and are super active so you clearly started only a year or so ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

We already have people complaining about X item not being available in their chosen game mode and/or 'forcing' them to play in a way 'they don't want'. Gifts of Battle, Legendary Armor, Gifts of Exploration, Mounts, Titles, etc. We also have currency vouchers you can get in BL chests or at festivals that completely negates having to play certain content like dungeons and fractals. This isn't new.

The ascended boxes have a hard cap on them that I believe will reset quarterly. That's every three months. If they want a full kit and don't want to wait for the vault to refresh they can still go to the tp and buy the ascended mats you're so tilted about.

8 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I think they should make ALL currencies/armor/achievments/skins from all other gamemodes I DONT PLAY available in the dailies.  THAT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME. I'd be sure to chime in on all the complaint threads about it too and show the same courtesy I was shown in this thread.  ITS ONLY FAIR i mean if my issue isnt a real issue, then others shouldnt be effected by a change to dailies like that.

Actually, with the way they're going, yeah, why not.  

I agree with you that putting ascended in as a daily reward is dumb--armor dropping from fractals is one thing I guess, but they've went overboard with it with things like Bitterfrost.  I don't craft for profit either, just think it is beyond stupid that whole armor pieces drop/can be bought when they made crafting for this reason.

In short, you should only get ascended mats as the daily reward, that way people still have to craft things.  

But, doesn't look like they are going back on that--as they put the lege starter kit in there that gives you a literal precursor and about ~500g of value in total for 1K AP.  Sure, it's only the gen 1's (for now) but the sentiment is the same.  

In short, whole ascended items and especially precursors shouldn't be in the daily thing.  You need SOME sort of progression, and yeah I get the game is 11 years old now, but no way to kill it faster than what they are doing now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Nothing wrong with trying to help new players get a solid footing in the game. The tp is too expensive anyways, prices in my opinion is through the roof hardly nothing costs a few silver anymore. But we must realize that we're in no position to cry about lack of content when noone is spending hard cash on the game. During this free to play thing we're doing folks are complaining about people winning with their credit cards, is able to play constantly only because they don't work or retired or simply because they have no life. They fail to realize it took some of us years to get our first ascended, mounts and other things that they're getting nowadays just for signing into the game (actually 10 for me due to work and family obligations). 

Instead of complaining do what the rest us did and put in some work. I ran around wvw in exotic gear with no problem until my main started getting nerfed which made me take break from the game (looks like I didn't miss much) I come back and the same people are still complaining about the same thing they complained about 7-8 years earlier (using the same verbish).

If you want fun and excitement invest in the game.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 11:13 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I was smart enough to find a niche, I struggled to craft ascended gear when it came out, it got easier and easier, now its complete joke, u can get it by logging in.  it was needless all of the issues i described affect veteran players so new players can have participation trophies, the change was uncessesarry and it just ruins the enjoyment for many players who like to craft things.

If you are smart enough, just find another niche, right ?
If you like to craft things, just craft things for the sake of crafting things #gamemode.

On 8/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Theres no such thing as enough gold..  and i also dont understand that logic its like your just disparaging the game mode i enjoy best (making gold).  Its as if i told you, sorry you've talked in map chat too much, why do you need to do that more?  Or you've done too many fractals or pvp or wvw, why do you need to do that more?  and then follow it up with an LOL and a ?

Knowing your favorite "gamemode" is making gold, you must be very bad at it if you are crying over not being able to sell daily ascended mats...

On 8/28/2023 at 8:41 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

they just say things like oh well, or LOL, or cry more, or do something else, or just deal with it, or find another way to make gold (I HAVE ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT WAYS OF MAKING GOLD ALREADY, THANKS).

See, OP ? Problem solved by yourself. Your gamemode is not dead. Yay !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/23/2023 at 5:10 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

at the expense of messing up the economy for many and any game time commitment it used to take to get full ascended, yah seems real fair.  Way to show love for veteran players who had to struggle at first to get it, and then found niches to make money all to cater to new players so they can have it EZ mode. 

Why does everything have to be about others doing it the hard way, if everyone don't, in your eyes, they should be out of luck and forced to craft, if they want something, if people grind the tasks and get the astral acclaim, they can buy whatever they want.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:47 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

OP seems to have a fair point. Crafting is for many people an enjoyable part of the game. Making ascended gear relatively easy to obtain through dailies makes it largely unnecessary to craft things. Anyone who enjoys the crafting (my wife and son included) is going to have their enjoyment of the game significantly reduced by the change.

Why have crafting in the game if it isn't going to be worth learning? I'm very puzzled why Anet would want to neuter this part of their game.

So you should give new players the gold to craft, because it's expensive to level up a discipline, if they don't have all the materials.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1