I want my 2 Gold

I've been reading through all the threads complaining about the new dailies. Doing math over laurels and clovers and how much of each resource you can get. I don't care. I have more laurels than I (literally) know what to do with, and clovers can be crafted, albeit at a gamble. But you know what can't be crafted? Gold. I log in EVERY DAY. I do my dailies EVERY DAY. So I can get my 2 gold. It's not a lot, but I'm frugal. I save up my 2 gold every day. 14 a week. 60 a month. 720 a year. I come in and I do the work to earn my gold. It's not as if it just lands in my lap. Resource gathering, exploration, JPs, Dungeons, I do them and I earn my gold.

And then you took it away from me.

Why? Oh I think I know why. Gem conversion. You want us to spend money on gems to turn gems into gold. I'm not doing it. I will quit your game before I do that, and I'll take as many people as I can with me. THere was no reason for this outside of sheer animosity towards your players. And I won't stand for it. If it's gone, I'm gone. I won't give you the chance to take even more away in the next coming weeks out of sheer spite. Maybe map completion rewards are next. Be a shame is people kept getting keys for playing instead of giving you money for them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 23

Hmm, I think you may be overthinking this.  I get that it was your 'income' and they just cut your pay, but I think they are just diversifying the rewards and trying to get a healthier economy.  We have to wait and see how it looks in a month or two.  I have a feeling there is going to be way more gold in the system than before.

• Confused 1

If you have more laurels than you know what to do with, and want gold, buy the various crafting bags (some are worth more than other) and sell the materials you get from them.

I like (to some degree) the choice in what to get each daily - for the usual login reward, I could really care less about transmutation charges and some of the other things.  But it does seem like there is not the analysis step of what has the greatest value for AA, and that will vary based on the market.  But I'm sure websites like gw2efficiency will add it in eventually to make that easier to figure out.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I've been reading through all the threads complaining about the new dailies. Doing math over laurels and clovers and how much of each resource you can get. I don't care. I have more laurels than I (literally) know what to do with, and clovers can be crafted, albeit at a gamble. But you know what can't be crafted? Gold. I log in EVERY DAY. I do my dailies EVERY DAY. So I can get my 2 gold. It's not a lot, but I'm frugal. I save up my 2 gold every day. 14 a week. 60 a month. 720 a year. I come in and I do the work to earn my gold. It's not as if it just lands in my lap. Resource gathering, exploration, JPs, Dungeons, I do them and I earn my gold.

Why? Oh I think I know why. Gem conversion. You want us to spend money on gems to turn gems into gold. I'm not doing it. I will quit your game before I do that, and I'll take as many people as I can with me. THere was no reason for this outside of sheer animosity towards your players. And I won't stand for it. If it's gone, I'm gone. I won't give you the chance to take even more away in the next coming weeks out of sheer spite. Maybe map completion rewards are next. Be a shame is people kept getting keys for playing instead of giving you money for them.

You can literally buy gold with aa, which you get for dailies, and/or convert laurels to mats to sell.

The main difference now is you have to actively use the new currency to select the gold as reward for your dailies, or select something else. You now have that choice.

Absolutely unbased criticism and on the same level of the uneducated first day whinning about loot nerfs.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

This doesn't make sense. The rewards on offer through AA easily outweigh the 1 gold that was lost from the old dalies.

If gold is the end goal, then there are a ton of other methods to getting it and with minimal effort depending on what expansions and LW seasons/maps you own.

Laurels alone can be used as a means to make gold if you trade AA for laurels.

If and I mean, if we want to complain about rewards being different, we could perhaps talk about EoD vendors for strikes having rewards moved around to SottO vendors.

• Like 1

The only people that were "adversely affected" by this were those who used many accounts to login and quickly get that 2g which, combined over many accounts, was a nice haul each and every day.   Now you get an account bound currency that is not as fungible as gold.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I'm not a fan of the lack of choice with the dailies, not being able to do them with friends, etc. But rewards is not a problem. If you do all the dailies every day you will be able to get more gold than you got under the old system, between buying bags of gold, mystic coins and other things you can sell for gold.

Rewards are fine, strong even. Lack of choice in how to play the dailies is the problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

I'm convinced people whinging about daily logins changing don't want to understand how the new system works. I get change is hard to accept, but the fact people are quitting the game over it is comical.

Most people understand exactly how it works going from a choice of 4 pve 4 wvw and 4 spvp.

Down to 1 of each,  a split 1,2 or 3 of the same one depending on how many check boxes you tick in is a massive downgrade.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

I'm convinced people whinging about daily logins changing don't want to understand how the new system works. I get change is hard to accept, but the fact people are quitting the game over it is comical.

its not funny on any level if ppl quit its bloody sad that its come to that, i have difficulty with change because i'm a high functioning autistic so i find it difficult anyway but do understand change is sometimes necessary as long as i understand that it makes logical sense, arh gw2 and currencies lets make another 1 to buy ur gold back now that is funny. That's so much fun. sarcasm. There's alot more issues to this than meets the eye and to me its very understandable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Yesterday/today, one of the PvE is the Valdhertz crypt, which is a generally buggy mini dungeon - there are other posts of people trying several times to do it, and not getting the rewards.  So I suspect for those who only selected PvE dailies, they are not getting all 4 dailies done today.

In the old system, it wouldn't have mattered if that was included - I could have just chosen some daily from WvW instead.  I probably did dailies in the old system 95% of the time (that 5% I didn't, was likely because the choice of dailies was not great and I didn't consider the 2 GP worth the effort).  The way the new system is going, I'm expecting I might do dailies 25% of the time, and not 75% of the time, based on what they are putting in for the dailies.

2 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Yesterday/today, one of the PvE is the Valdhertz crypt, which is a generally buggy mini dungeon - there are other posts of people trying several times to do it, and not getting the rewards.  So I suspect for those who only selected PvE dailies, they are not getting all 4 dailies done today.

In the old system, it wouldn't have mattered if that was included - I could have just chosen some daily from WvW instead.  I probably did dailies in the old system 95% of the time (that 5% I didn't, was likely because the choice of dailies was not great and I didn't consider the 2 GP worth the effort).  The way the new system is going, I'm expecting I might do dailies 25% of the time, and not 75% of the time, based on what they are putting in for the dailies.

The way it works now that is a bad one to include. You need to participate in each room to get the final chest, but even when it's not bugged (and it sometimes is) that's difficult with more than 2 people because you need to participate in every room to get credit but there's no clear indication whether you've participated or not. Also some rooms are puzzles where the solution won't be obvious unless you've already done it, so you might not have done anything which actually counts, then you see the door open and might think you've passed when actually someone else did it all. Oh and the entire thing can easily be soloed and from what I've seen it doesn't scale up well so even getting credit for the bosses can be tricky if there's several people there.

Personally I'd prefer they fix the mini dungeon rather than exclude it from the dailies, but it probably shouldn't be included until it is fixed.

The other complication is you have to do a scavenger hunt achievement before you can even enter it. It's short, but still an added complication.

I've done Valdhertz Crypt a lot (I was documenting the drops from the chest) and I actually really like it, but in it's current state I don't think it's a good choice for a daily. Maybe a weekly if they really want to include it.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

You literally earn enough AA doing just the dailies to buy MORE than 2 gold each day. I get that the actually daily tasks being locked to 3 things you *have* to do is something that needs to get updated, but come on. If you don't understand that the actual rewards themselves give you MORE than the last system then I don't know how to help you.

I'm convinced people like you don't even actually know what you're complaining about.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:53 AM, Phibes.4128 said:

The only people that were "adversely affected" by this were those who used many accounts to login and quickly get that 2g which, combined over many accounts, was a nice haul each and every day.   Now you get an account bound currency that is not as fungible as gold.

Um they can still do that, they can get the daily log in of 5 AA, and get the dailys for 1 gold and w/e AA  across all accounts 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:08 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Assuming the season is 3 months, you can get 2g a day just like before but now there is even more you can buy on top of that. You can buy 1g at 6 AA a day for 90 days, plus the one gold from the chest for completing you dailies and theres your 2g. But not only that, you still have 59 AA to spend a day after getting your 2g. You could then buy a few mystic coin for some extra gold. Once you run out of mystic coins you can still buy the 30 AA option for gold which will bring you to 3g a day plus 29 AA left. 

The loot we get now is way better than before. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

You know that that currency is supposed to buy the login rewards they took away, right?

Yes? And do YOU know that plenty of people have done the math and you can earn both more gold AND more of pretty much all of the old rewards per cycle now too? Along with having enough leftover to buy all of the cosmetics and whatever else you want?

If you wanna complain about it being more effort for rewards, sure. You can't just login and magically get something the way you used to. But legitimate math has told us that the system is MORE rewarding if you actually do it than the login rewards used to be by a *significant* margin. Like, hundreds of gold more per quarter than the old system.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 3:48 PM, deffy.1320 said:

its not funny on any level if ppl quit its bloody sad that its come to that, i have difficulty with change because i'm a high functioning autistic so i find it difficult anyway but do understand change is sometimes necessary as long as i understand that it makes logical sense, arh gw2 and currencies lets make another 1 to buy ur gold back now that is funny. That's so much fun. sarcasm. There's alot more issues to this than meets the eye and to me its very understandable.

It is actually really hilarious that people are willing to quit over WV without even bothering to look at how it works and just go off of "it's 1 gold instead of 2, the game's ruined!!"

• Like 3