The price of Astral Ward Exotic!! Armor is too high

I'll pop in here and point out that you don't need to get all 18 pieces, you only need to get 6. Unlocking one weight class unlocks the skin for all 3. It's not as bad as the poster of that thread initially thought if you're planning to go for the legendary armor. The poster actually realises that fact partway through the thread.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You think that's bad?  Take a closer look at the legendary collection requirements.  Notice that item that requires 25 amalgamated essences?  Yeah, that's 6250 common essence, 2500 uncommon essence, and 1250 rare essence.  Holy rift farming, Batman!  I've already unlocked half of the Astral Ward set and I don't mind rift hunting, but this seems...excessive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Cost is too high for new skin from exotic set. It just shouldnt be so expansive, they could do mat sink in later parts of collection for legendary armor.

This isnt question only about legendary price. Many ppl would like to get just Astral Ward skin set. Just another bad devs decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Notice that item that requires 25 amalgamated essences?

You mean the Gift of Expertise? That's just the Mystic Forge recipe, you can also buy it from Lyhr in which case you need to pay 10 Globs of Ectoplasm but it only requires 12 Essence instead of 25.

• Sad 1

To be fair my initial reaction to seeing the cost of specific astral ward armor pieces was "oof amalgamated essence AND mini-trophy gift?, that's brutal"

That being said this will not deter me from hacking at it at my own steady place.

As for wether or not the price of ward armors is fair - to make a proper call I would need to see what t1 and t2 precursor collections are. This is a missing chain that may very much impact "fairness" of that pricing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm surprised the skin is that expensive.

Not surprised at the total cost for the leggy armor.  I just expected the price to be high on the leggy armor, not the "precursor" armor  (kind of like the ascended armor precursor for WvW armor, which is 16% the cost in tickets of the total leggy ticket cost).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Did people actually expect to get Legy armor for free? 

I expected the OW legendary armor to require farming to infinity and beyond because there is no challenge.

I just did not expect that it would be boring rift hunting that would occupy 99% of the farming.

Obsidian Armor should require full condensed might + condensed magic + 15 mystic clover per armor piece, but with a bit less boring rift hunting.

Rift hunting motivation recipes should be nerfed to make them cheaper than they are.
Or alternative means of obtaining them should be added (meta-events and arcane chests for example).
Essences of despair/greed/triumph,  case of captured lightning, and pouch of stardust should have their own slots in material storage.

There should also be new types of rifts, killing a few trash followed by an elite/champion gets old quickly. They're the bounties of SotO basically.
The elite for rift T1 should have 1 random "bounty special ability", and the champions should have 2 random "bounty special ability" to spice it up.
And the trash could have a little randomized effect too.

Quick ideas for example only:

• red kryptis could have a berserk effect.
  • green kryptis could explode upon death.
  • blue kryptis could have a regenerative barrier.
  • purple kryptis could phase out (like mirage dodge) and reflect projectiles while phased out.
  • yellow kryptis could apply extra conditions with their attacks.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I expected the OW legendary armor to require farming to infinity and beyond because there is no challenge.

I just did not expect that it would be boring rift hunting that would occupy 99% of the farming.

Obsidian Armor should require full condensed might + condensed magic + 15 mystic clover per armor piece, but with a bit less boring rift hunting.

Rift hunting motivation recipes should be nerfed to make them cheaper than they are.
Or alternative means of obtaining them should be added (meta-events and arcane chests for example).
Essences of despair/greed/triumph,  case of captured lightning, and pouch of stardust should have their own slots in material storage.

There should also be new types of rifts, killing a few trash followed by an elite/champion gets old quickly. They're the bounties of SotO basically.
The elite for rift T1 should have 1 random "bounty special ability", and the champions should have 2 random "bounty special ability" to spice it up.
And the trash could have a little randomized effect too.

Quick ideas for example only:

• red kryptis could have a berserk effect.
  • green kryptis could explode upon death.
  • blue kryptis could have a regenerative barrier.
  • purple kryptis could phase out (like mirage dodge) and reflect projectiles while phased out.
  • yellow kryptis could apply extra conditions with their attacks.

To be fair, that we got OW legy armor is insane enough.

More demands is unreasonable.

People should be happy that they QQed enough to make this a reality when it never needed to be in the first place.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

To be fair, that we got OW legy armor is insane enough.

More demands is unreasonable.

People should be happy that they QQed enough to make this a reality when it never needed to be in the first place.

So we should settle for mediocrity and accept that rift hunting is both utterly boring and repetitive and the thing that you must farm ad nauseam?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I don't mind to be honest. I busted my butt in raids. Learning the fights, getting & learning gear and everything related to it to have a good build, learning rotations, learning other classes and gearing them to be able to switch to whatever is needed, learning roles so I dont just spank bosses and most important... finding a static squad that raids weekly (4 hours in my case) so I can consistently get LI and materials to build my legendary armor. Not only that, when someone needs to be absent of the static finding someone to fill that/those spots is not easy. Having to farm for this gear this hard makes me feel like all I did to get my armor was not in vain, Because I would be pissed that after all my hard work they would just give out easy open world leggy armor for everybody else.  EDIT: Not to mention the amount of gold on materials etc. And that to get my Coalescence leggy ring from raids was another grind.

Edited by Yuxta.7965
  • Like 1