...So I lost all my astrals from the last 4 days...

Buran.3796

On 8/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, Jianyu.7065 said:

I just dont see how this ANet's fault...

A good designer can reduce user error. 

Sure, it's usually peoples fault but you can also not even give the player the option to do something wrong. 

Because this reduces the amount of negative experiences for the user. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

The 1300 cap is really not an issue for auto accept. It could claim automatically and save the dailies when at cap as it is now. Only at that point you would get the red dot on the UI and need to click to claim (or it would just claim automatically when you spend the AA).

We already have a similar system anyway with the old wiggly chests. If your inventory is full, the game will inform you. Otherwise everything just goes into inventory either automatically at some point or through right or left click on the chest. This system is better and consistent and could easily be implemented for vault also. There is really no reason to add this overlyclicky mobile UI for claiming rewards.

I am also not one to be crazy about always claiming rewards as soon as possible. I can go for weeks not going to TP to collect the gold. Many other games will just mail you or stash somewhere the loot you missed. So I just ignore it and let it pile and stack and sort out when I feel like it.

The 1300 cap is probably there so you can't transfer too much AA to the next season. Its there to keep players play over longer periods.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, the first explanation as to why they would do this arbitrary clicking thing. In my mind  a popup that says  "You have rewards that will be lost if you don't spend some acclaim before next reset" when you complete a daily objective while at 1300 cap seems way more elegant than asking everyone to do the tedious chore of opening and accepting each every time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:42 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

It is easy to make fun of people, but I would remind you both that there is settings in Option to turn of (hide) different part of UI and when that section for UI where you see Gem Store/Trade post have a red dot or there is new message waiting is also possible to hide.

So maybe think a bit about that not everybody like to have part of screen full with red dots waiting for a reaction from player.

We also have chat where there is system messages and inventory messages (can be filtered to on or off) which would be better to have as something does already exist and we have broadcast messages (large text in centre of screen) for messages that player should see independent of status in chat filter or other settings.

Please, where in Options can i find this settings for hide red exclamation dots/marks? 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, eyestrain.3056 said:

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, the first explanation as to why they would do this arbitrary clicking thing. In my mind  a popup that says  "You have rewards that will be lost if you don't spend some acclaim before next reset" when you complete a daily objective while at 1300 cap seems way more elegant than asking everyone to do the tedious chore of opening and accepting each every time.

It's two clicks, it's not hard.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:14 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

A good designer can reduce user error. 

Sure, it's usually peoples fault but you can also not even give the player the option to do something wrong. 

Because this reduces the amount of negative experiences for the user. 

You complete a task, it says 1 in red at the top were you access the wizards vault, it has a red exclamation mark on tab of which task you completed in that tab, you click the task finished, done, if that's hard, i don't know what to tell you.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/26/2023 at 4:42 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

It is easy to make fun of people, but I would remind you both that there is settings in Option to turn of (hide) different part of UI and when that section for UI where you see Gem Store/Trade post have a red dot or there is new message waiting is also possible to hide.

So maybe think a bit about that not everybody like to have part of screen full with red dots waiting for a reaction from player.

We also have chat where there is system messages and inventory messages (can be filtered to on or off) which would be better to have as something does already exist and we have broadcast messages (large text in centre of screen) for messages that player should see independent of status in chat filter or other settings.

So, to be clear here, someone turns off their notifications, and then complains about not being notified, and we're supposed to what, say "Well, they need to have a different way to notify you, since you turned notifications off"???  What's to stop them from turning those notification widgets off too, thus exacerbating their issue?  How long until it's "A GM needs to log in and tell me that I have rewards to claim"?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, vrauns.3215 said:

It's two clicks, it's not hard.

One of the goals of designing pretty much anything including UI is to make it as lean as possible. Minimise required interactions, minimise potentials mistakes. Focus on content, not getting there. 

2 clicks vs 0 clicks is huge. 2 clicks here, 3 clicks there, unneccessary window frame there... It piles up. 

Thats like putting 2 bends on a road that could be completely straight. 2 bends  probably wont make a difference on your trip to work but if every strip of road would have unneccessary bend and a useless stop light here and there you probably wouldnt be happy. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

One of the goals of designing pretty much anything including UI is to make it as lean as possible. Minimise required interactions, minimise potentials mistakes. Focus on content, not getting there. 

2 clicks vs 0 clicks is huge. 2 clicks here, 3 clicks there, unneccessary window frame there... It piles up. 

Thats like putting 2 bends on a road that could be completely straight. 2 bends  probably wont make a difference on your trip to work but if every strip of road would have unneccessary bend and a useless stop light here and there you probably wouldnt be happy. 

It is lean, you open the vault, pick the tab the task was completed in and claim it, how else do you want it done without them cluttering it, because if they did, you would have no tabs and you'd be scrolling to find what was completed.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

I also don't think you understand UI at all, comparing it to a road is not even a good analogy.

Its probably to keep players clicking on useless stuff, keeping them engaged with non content as much as possible.

Would be bad for example with an OS or some work related software where you want max efficiency. But works with this type of content where players click to get rewards so they are engaged. But the design is definitely not aimed at best user experience but towards maximising time player spends in game on cheap non content. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

It is lean, you open the vault, pick the tab the task was completed in and claim it, how else do you want it done without them cluttering it, because if they did, you would have no tabs and you'd be scrolling to find what was completed.

You never had to click 1 thing with the old dailies if you didnt want it. Thats lean. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 12:12 AM, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

It does seem, OP, as if you have not been "red dot" trained.  In games, when you see a red dot (or red exclamation point, in the case of the new Vault interface), it's a signal to open that interface and find whatever the game wants you to click on.  This is an extremely common indicator used in many mobile and other online games. 

So we're basically supposed to do this, right?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

+1 for having to click to claim is asinine.

Why it isn't a floating chest like literally everything else, who knows.  

That is, you do your daily, it goes to bottom and becomes floating chest for you to click--when you do, you get your AA.  Even that's a little tedious, so they could just make all of them auto complete besides the final reward one, that one could be floating one like old daily.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Reminds me of old style quest chains in other games.  Get the thing from Robert then give the thing to Jane.  So you would talk to Robert and get the thing then you would travel to Jane and you would hand her the thing.  Jane's diologue would thank you and then remind you to go back and talk to Robert for your reward.  You do so, only for the Robert npc to have no idea what you were talking about.  You look in your journal, and talk to Robert is your next objective.  So you travel back to Jane and she repeats her dialogue from receiving the item but now the return to Robert portion of the quest actually triggers.  You look in your journal but nothing has changed. However returning to Robert actually works this time.

To make it worse some npcs would tell you to talk to them again before you left, while in other questlines you only had to talk to each npc once.  I would often find all three types of quest interactions within the same game.

So in Gw2 we have several systems with different ways to claim rewards.  It is easy to assume that a new system would give rewards in a similar fashion to already established reward systems already in the game.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:28 PM, Spyro.1632 said:

Please, where in Options can i find this settings for hide red exclamation dots/marks? 🙂

Guys, really, is there possible to hide this red exclamation marks or not? I tried some options in Settings, but they are still here! 
Nobody wants a red screaming notice, it's like... Hey you've got unfinished task here, it's pressure and stress.  

Reward announcements should be cheerful and missing something announcements should be light and non-violent so they don't distract player from enjoying the game.

We had separate login reward with classic chest in the bottom right corner and daily quests together in Hero panel/Achievements. Now we have common daily linked with login reward in WV and other dailies in Hero panel. What? This is supposed to be a change for the better? 

Like I said, I'm not happy at all for the new changes like Wizard's Vault, daily/weekly, runes/relics... Not everything is bad, but most are poorly designed solutions. These new changes are significantly messing up my game.

Edited by Spyro.1632
  • Confused 2