Black Lion Salvage Kits monetized?

3 hours ago, alteriel valie.4751 said:

It was always a gem store item!
You can buy with black lion statuettes too, so buy keys with gems and open blc!
It was a surprise they didnt nerf the drop from daily, i've never bought with gems, every kit i have was a drop!

That means paying though, in other words monitization?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I did. And a slightly increased chance of ecto's isnt worth the bank space or the hassle to me if you find them usefull, great. To me those things are just junk. (Like armor reinforcement canisters, revive orbs and TP to friends)

It’s not the increased chance of ectos, it’s the recovering upgrades that makes these worthwhile.

I also have infinite salvage kits, which I use to salvage all gear I don’t care about. Even the runecrafter one salvages runes and sigils into base materials rather than giving them back.

- Don’t need the gear or the upgrade = salvage-o-matic

- Don’t need the gear, valuable upgrade = BL salvage kit

- Need both the gear and upgrades = upgrade extractor

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

They were always primarily a gem store item. They were in the gem store before they were availabe from login rewards and have always had limited and random availability outside of that. But Anet have said the rewards from the Wizard's Vault will change each quarter, so maybe salvage kits will be available sometimes.

I always seemed to get them in waves from login rewards, so I've gone for months without having any before and I don't think it will bother me to do that again.

(BTW if anyone is considering buying them it's worth considering the cost works out at 12 gems per use, or 2g 83s at the current exchange rate, so it's only worth using them on items with valuable upgrades.)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I did. And a slightly increased chance of ecto's isnt worth the bank space or the hassle to me if you find them usefull, great. To me those things are just junk. (Like armor reinforcement canisters, revive orbs and TP to friends)

Black lion salvage kits will extract any runes or sigils on the item before it's salvaged.
meaning salvaging something like the new account bound https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spire_of_the_Forgotten can net you an extra 3 gold in addition to the materials from the savlage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 9/2/2023 at 7:18 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Black lion salvage kits will extract any runes or sigils on the item before it's salvaged.
meaning salvaging something like the new account bound https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spire_of_the_Forgotten can net you an extra 3 gold in addition to the materials from the savlage

In the past, whenever I used an upgrade extractor or a BL salvaging kit on an account bound equip, the upgrade that popped out was also account bound.  Unless the devs missed a stitch this time.  You may want to check up on that. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

In the past, whenever I used an upgrade extractor or a BL salvaging kit on an account bound equip, the upgrade that popped out was also account bound.  Unless the devs missed a stitch this time.  You may want to check up on that. 

no need, as i've already salvaged all the new weapons from and sold their sigils

Woah! Hold up. Trade 300 gems, a 72 gold value, for 25 exotic runes/sigils? That's really bad pricing on these gem store salvage kits! I didn't notice until now how bad it was, because I never really checked. Black Lion keys give 1 statuette for sure, so 3 keys = 1 guaranteed salvage kit. This means that buying keys in bulk is straight up a better price for salvage kits than buying the salvage kits directly. Could the people managing cash shop prices please run through the numbers again?

Oh well. Does anyone know if they limit the number that players can obtain via the story quests? Some low level stories grant these things.

Edited by Quench.7091

1 hour ago, Quench.7091 said:

Oh well. Does anyone know if they limit the number that players can obtain via the story quests? Some low level stories grant these things.

I assume by 'These things' you mean keys.
Yes, and No: players can earn 1 free key a week/per account by completing Chapter 1 of the personal story(level10); players can also earn additional keys by completing Chapters 4 and 6, these can be earned an unlimited number of times per week, only limited by the ammout of time it will take to level a new character through that much story.

• Thanks 1