Inventory clutter is getting out of hand

Combined with the fact that the game is simply not good at letting you know what is useful and what is not, we now get more and more stackable crafting mats that dont go in the material bank.

Come on, this was one of the best innovations when you launched the game, please stop forgetting about it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

for some reason they always miss new mats in the materials storage. Then they fix it but there are still a few left out.

I wonder if some kind of flowchart needs to get an update that materials storage is a thing and they have to make a dedicated spot for every crafting material.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It bugs me that certain chef crafting materials don't have slots. Every item that is a material component for a crafting recipe should really have its own material slot in the bank.

It would also be nice if legendary crafting materials e.g. gifts could have slots too. I have various map completion gifts, gifts of battle, antique summoning stones, and jade runestones clogging up my bank. Mainly because I accrue these faster than I accrue the gold and multiple other stacks of materials needed to craft the legendaries.

My bank is full enough as it is with spare ascended equipment, black lion consumables, portal stones, food & utility items, boosters, rune & sigil sets, relics, and stacks of materials that I have too many of to fit in my storage. You know, stuff I might want to access on all of my characters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

It bugs me that certain chef crafting materials don't have slots. Every item that is a material component for a crafting recipe should really have its own material slot in the bank.

Very much this! There was a link pinned in another thread that showed these basic items like bowls of stock, piles of seasoning, balls of dough, baker's wet/dry mixes etc. were being looked at for their own storage slots in materials. Unfortunately the link was six years old, and still no chef storage for the "step 1" mats you often have to make on the way to cooking something else. A lot of the other stuff on the same list was added later, so I can only assume there was an active choice to not add cooking ingredients.

I have the bloodstone-brick oven in my chef's home instance from the (near-legendary) Gourmet Training achievement, but honestly I'd have been happier with all of those collection steps going toward extra storage instead. The upgraded personal kitchen looks great and it's really convenient to have a crafting station with bank access in the home instance, but tbh I almost always prefer function over form.

Please ANet, have mercy on the game's food-service workers! Let us store our ingredients properly!

• Like 5

Step 1.Type cons into the search bar. This highlighty all containers. Open them all. 

Step 2. Go to a Vendor and sell the trash. 

Step 3. Salvage everything. 

Step 4. Click the material storage button. 

Step 5. Open the TP, sort by value and sell everything you don't need. 

Step 6. Go to your bank and sell all materials that are full and you don't need. 

Step 7. Delete all leftovers that you don't need and can't sell. 

That how I do it. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Step 1.Type cons into the search bar. This highlighty all containers. Open them all. 

Step 6. Go to your bank and sell all materials that are full and you don't need. 

That how I do it. 

Step 8. Buy more bag slots.

Step 9. Make more 32 slot bags.

Step 10. Ignore the problem. Repeat steps 8-10 as needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That how I do it. 

But part of the issue is that you do need a lot of this stuff, just not right now. All the new materials needed for the new Legendary armour among other things can't be used yet but you do need to stockpile them. The same is true for all legendaries, the material requirements for some of the gifts necessitate hoarding this stuff. Containers that have trash and salvage items don't even make it to my bank, I regularly purge them from my character inventory.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

But part of the issue is that you do need a lot of this stuff, just not right now. All the new materials needed for the new Legendary armour among other things can't be used yet but you do need to stockpile them. The same is true for all legendaries, the material requirements for some of the gifts necessitate hoarding this stuff. Containers that have trash and salvage items don't even make it to my bank, I regularly purge them from my character inventory.

Buy character slots and bag slots to store the stuff or do it like me and have 3 guild banks. 

😏 

But on a serious note, yeah I get it. 

On 9/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, SandraSolace.7682 said:

You did read that they will change that in the next update, right? I'm guessing you mean the essenses, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Despair it's right there on the page.

True, but it is taking too long. And I feel that they knew about it before release and didn't have it fixed before it was released.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Buy character slots and bag slots to store the stuff or do it like me and have 3 guild banks. 

😏

But on a serious note, yeah I get it. 

I get it I get it, character slots $$$ bag slots $$$ bank slots $$$ for Anet 😜

Don't get me wrong, I love hoarding, I just want tidy hoarding 😅

• Like 2

For me it's relics. They really need to not be soulbound. I want to be able to try them on different characters without needing an individual copy on each character. It's a tremendous waste of inventory space, and bank space for the unbound ones that I haven't decided which character to give them to.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:25 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

Motivation crafting materials cannot be stored in material storage. We have a fix for this coming in a future build, and in the meantime, they can be stored in your bank.

Their work around for storing in the meantime doesn't help much when my bank (all 6-7 tabs) are full of even more clutter. 😄

Yes, I'm looking at various books (that they, yes you Anet!, still haven't made some adventure bookshelf/log to store all your entries in), ascended gear, plus all my extra account bound stacks of mats that can't fit in my 1250 material storage, etc.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 9:11 PM, Kothoses.1740 said:

Combined with the fact that the game is simply not good at letting you know what is useful and what is not, we now get more and more stackable crafting mats that dont go in the material bank.

Come on, this was one of the best innovations when you launched the game, please stop forgetting about it!

Oh hehe we made a mistake <- Anet 2023