Soulbeast damage

zyra.7860

https://imgur.com/a/X8iuqOz

Thats not okay damage for 6 sec cd skill. There might be some room to adjust ranger damage numbers/multipliers. 

Hope to see something being done to soulbeast's ridiculous high dmg in upcoming patches. This situation been going on for way too long. Soulbeast needs to get "signet cata" treatment in close future.

It feels like the "reward/risk" ratio is not balanced on soulbeast atm. 

Edited by zyra.7860
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

Ranger is pretty wild as a whole it seems to me. I have been playing this game for about a year and I am an objectively very poor player, I started as an ele main but have played every class a little bit here and there as I usually do in rpgs. My total hours including PvE are around 150ish hours on ranger(my second favorite class archetype) and 600 hours on ele. I have played roughly double the games on ele than I have ranger. I do more damage, survive longer and win significantly more games playing ranger than I do on ele which I have much more practice on. Untamed is actually pretty wild survivable right now while doing tons of damage at least with the cantrip focused build I use. I am a mid silver player but when I play ranger I would have to try to lose in order to stay away from bottom gold. As soon as I get up to gold, if I try to play anything other than ranger I am instantly farmed and it is quite an awful experience for everyone involved. Soulbeast is much stronger than untamed in raw dps and I use the sic em build occasionally but really sword war horn and hammer or GS on untamed feels very powerful and really easy to play in comparison to every other class to me personally. I put up a 600k damage game on untamed and keep in mind this is a tanky survival focused build, while my next closest to that on a different class was like maybe around 400k and that was the game  of my life running a glassy cata build.

Edited by Libera Simio.1592
rewording, general edit.
  • Like 2

This community is some kina wierd. U complain about soulbeats damage lmao...why? Is it cuz its the herd mentality to do so....... 

This game has builds  on every class that can one shot or close to ie press 3 or 4 buttons in succession and drop a players hp from full to 0 in secs. Chrono and such can pema stun lock u while u watch ur full hp go to 0 in secs if uve used ur stunbreak, wars can do similar or just one shot u with gunflame meme. DE and DD can strip someone's hp in secs from stealth...so can scrapper. Even dh can wreck someone from full hp to 0 in secs, yet u guys complain this much about soulbeat...why? Cuz a couple threads were made regarding it so now herd mentality sets in? As I said almost every single class in this game has a build that can match or even surpas slb bursts and some from cheesier situations like long stealth durations. I am so glad anet pretty much disregards balance ideas from the forums.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This community is some kina wierd. U complain about soulbeats damage lmao...why? Is it cuz its the herd mentality to do so....... 

This game has builds  on every class that can one shot or close to ie press 3 or 4 buttons in succession and drop a players hp from full to 0 in secs. Chrono and such can pema stun lock u while u watch ur full hp go to 0 in secs if uve used ur stunbreak, wars can do similar or just one shot u with gunflame meme. DE and DD can strip someone's hp in secs from stealth...so can scrapper. Even dh can wreck someone from full hp to 0 in secs, yet u guys complain this much about soulbeat...why? Cuz a couple threads were made regarding it so now herd mentality sets in? As I said almost every single class in this game has a build that can match or even surpas slb bursts and some from cheesier situations like long stealth durations. I am so glad anet pretty much disregards balance ideas from the forums.

This is exactly right. This forum is an echo chamber of like about 15 actual individual people who just repeat themselves over and over. Anet would be better served to never listen to anything this forum has ever suggested. Based on what ive seen and read. More recently a larger group of people are speaking against the forum echo chamber. Its a shame the game had to essentially be killed off before people like me, or Gote, azzure, a handful of others like yourself - started speaking out. Hopefully overtime if Anet sees that people dont unanimously agree with the rhetoric on this forum (because that's really around 90% of what's posted here) they will give pause before making abrupt changes. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

This is exactly right. This forum is an echo chamber of like about 15 actual individual people who just repeat themselves over and over. Anet would be better served to never listen to anything this forum has ever suggested. Based on what ive seen and read. More recently a larger group of people are speaking against the forum echo chamber. Its a shame the game had to essentially be killed off before people like me, or Gote, azzure, a handful of others like yourself - started speaking out. Hopefully overtime if Anet sees that people dont unanimously agree with the rhetoric on this forum (because that's really around 90% of what's posted here) they will give pause before making abrupt changes. 

I see you are trying to cope. Dont worry, soulbeast will get nerfed, but we here at forums just hope it could happen sooner because its destroying ranked experience atm.

Play it now, until its gone.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

The biggest issue I have with ranger isn't even a ranger issue. 

It's stealth. 

Just like when One Shot Scrapper was terrorizing the meta. The fundamental issue is hiding important tells in stealth. This game is fundamentally built around dodging important animations. Stealth shouldn't let you hide those animations. 

At the absolute least. A player should be revealed if their stealth attack is evaded. The risk for going for stealth plays is virtually zero since you can just chain blocks or run away afterward. But the potential reward is an instant kill. It's the definition of low risk high reward gameplay. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

The biggest issue I have with ranger isn't even a ranger issue. 

It's stealth. 

Just like when One Shot Scrapper was terrorizing the meta. The fundamental issue is hiding important tells in stealth. This game is fundamentally built around dodging important animations. Stealth shouldn't let you hide those animations. 

At the absolute least. A player should be revealed if their stealth attack is evaded. The risk for going for stealth plays is virtually zero since you can just chain blocks or run away afterward. But the potential reward is an instant kill. It's the definition of low risk high reward gameplay. 

This ^^^^^ classes like thief, mesmer and ranger should 100% have stealth access as they are stealthy archetypes but things can be done to maintain the stealth flavor to make it more balanced, like the player being revealed on missed attacks.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

You all are just mad soulbeast takes real skill to pull off. You all ever heard of condition damage? Or dodge? It doesn’t matter that I travelled across the map in stealth, OWP’d your kitten and was already in the mid fight by the time you died. You should of predicted that when you saw me on the other side of the map.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This ^^^^^ classes like thief, mesmer and ranger should 100% have stealth access as they are stealthy archetypes but things can be done to maintain the stealth flavor to make it more balanced, like the player being revealed on missed attacks.

Now you remind me that am being punished for predicting attacks and playing good by blocking or dodging on time. This is what is annoying not the damage its the fact that you can't do kitten vs the current FOTM since they usually can't be touched while doing damage, the first thing that pops in your mind is cc them well most of the cases you can't, the ranger has so much kittening stability access, the thief stunbreaks stealths or dodges you, the mesmer dodge attacks or goes fully invuln or you are a bird and can't do kitten, pick any other profession it would do something like these too when Anet lets them, in the end you take free damage and start playing something that can ignore the kitten and survive it so a bunker. The game sucks when it is bunker meta but it also suck when it rewards failing and doing big damage anyway. 

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Babylon.8972 said:

I see you are trying to cope. Dont worry, soulbeast will get nerfed, but we here at forums just hope it could happen sooner because its destroying ranked experience atm.

Play it now, until its gone.

10/10 NPC Response. Forum Standard. GGs go next post. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Go on ele, go as glass as you can to achieve anywhere near a 10k crit (I don't even think its possible now, maybe with fire grab +vuln). You will have 11-12k hp and ZERO sustain, typically 2 stuns max. Play a gold+ game on that so we can all see how you melt in 1 hit and never actually achieve a 10k crit.

Rev, similar deal complete glass, 1, 2 stuns max, 15k ish hp and ZERO sustain.

Soulbeast; 17k hp, stealth, 4/5 stuns, 2? evades, stability on demand to weave between stun/evade burst. Multiple easier to land 6k+ crit options (enemy mitigation attrition), its a whole other league.

Only thing close to SB dmg per 5 seconds is chrono, and only becuase it can pump out stupid amounts of split damage from 1200.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Soulbeast; 17k hp, stealth, 4/5 stuns, 2? evades, stability on demand to weave between stun/evade burst. Multiple easier to land 6k+ crit options (enemy mitigation attrition), its a whole other league.

4-5 stuns...please name them.  They have to be actual STUNS though not just CC's you are randomly blanketing as 'stun' (like the KDs merged boar and smokescale have).

Cause I know of only one stun memebeast may use and it's Hilt Bash.

It's important to me because there are various CC's and competitive players either ignore them or spam them and don't bother to have any situational awareness about which does what.  

Also, Ele pukes stability while in earth so I have no idea how you actually avoid having it?

8 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

ranger has so much kittening stability access

Have to specify soulbeast here, as it's the only spec that can use its stunbreak offensively through Dolyak Stance.  Otherwise stab is somewhat hard to come by, either via elite in SoTP (which I haven't seen used since like 2017) and Untamed's Elite or super short duration like Shared Anguish or Druid's CA #5.  

Since Dolyak is already loaded, it would be 'healthier' to remove stability from there and add it to another stunbreak, like Lightning Reflexes or something.  As even without stability Dolyak is still reduced damage for stance duration and removes a bunch of movement impairing condis.

This is what these forums miss with all the salting--you have to compensate for any nerfs you do.  If you take from somewhere, you must make sure to give back elsewhere.  That way you create balance instead of taking a hatchet to things because silvers / low golds keep getting bodied by memes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

4-5 stuns...please name them.  They have to be actual STUNS though not just CC's you are randomly blanketing as 'stun' (like the KDs merged boar and smokescale have).

Cause I know of only one stun memebeast may use and it's Hilt Bash.

It's important to me because there are various CC's and competitive players either ignore them or spam them and don't bother to have any situational awareness about which does what.  

my brother in christ a knockdown is no different than a stun except in RP reasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

my brother in christ a knockdown is no different than a stun except in RP reasons.

They really are because knockdown has an animation component with it whereas stun does not.  The animation component means that it takes longer to recover from a knockdown as you have to count the recovery frames--those who play fighting games will understand the difference here.

As an analogue, that's like saying a push is no different than a pull despite direction, which is the entire difference.

If you want to be pedantic then probably should ask anet why they named everything 'stun break' when only one control effect is actually a stun...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Actually i Personals got no Problem with soulbeast. It might have a bit too hard dmg (Sword 2 and 3) plus maybe too mutch stealth (with pets smoke field and GS 3, Warhorn 5 as stealth combs plus longbow 4) but outside of this its good to Fight. Letz better Talk about how to nerf or rework Bladesworn and Condi Berserker so they can actually be killed in 1v1s xd

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They really are because knockdown has an animation component with it whereas stun does not.

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If you want to be pedantic

Man I wish I was dumb / self-deluded enough to be immune to irony; must be an incredibly convenient way to go through life.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2