Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

12 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

So... If u unlock skyscale in soto, u can't use it in core tyria? Just asking... I'm curious

Not quite. I wrote that if you have soto, flying a skyscale is available in soto maps. The reason for this feature is because the maps are designed for traversing with a skyscale. Riding a skyscale without having done the unlock collection is even part of the story objectives in soto.

Then you can unlock the skyscale later so that you can use it in core tyria maps. This is the part that is broken because of this searing cauldron bug.

Is that more clear?

• Sad 1

Why need to wait more than a week for a bug on a major feature, if you cannot fixed the bug in 3 days, just put a temporary NPC next to the hero point to give player the item to progress. 

And ff this hero point bugs keeps reappear, never use this hero point for any future contents ever again.

Edited by foxof.8752
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

One way to do it is to make the item for free from the quest giver. I'm not paying 100gold to skip the bug. 

I have the mount tho. Had some free time I thought I could use to get the mount skin

• Confused 2

This is actually getting stupid now, I've had just the egg needed for over a week now and I'm refusing to pay 100g to skip this,

How is this still not being fixed, give us the infusion for free in this case as it's just a click away, you are stopping hundreds of players from getting skyscale and map completion and there's not a single post from Anet stating why or when this is being fixed....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Im a new player, i started the game a week ago and rushed through the content because i really wanted the mount, only to see now the last step i need to do is disabled, so play find a solution soon, im not even close to get enough gold to skip it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

WTH, thinking to continue Skycale Growing Comforts while waiting for Searing Cauldron, but it also have a known bug event to stop player to progress also at "Help the ogres defend Bronzeglade Crossing from the Flame Legion" - under Gortho, Son of Malik page, "Bug: The associated event chain may stall for reason yet to be known."

Now i am convince Anet really purposely associate 2 bugs event in 2 major progress to force player to buy with gold instead of playing pve.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, foxof.8752 said:

Gortho, Son of Malik page, "Bug: The associated event chain may stall for reason yet to be known."

I was able to talk to Gortho and get the item while he was at Ebbing Heart Run.  This is different from content being disabled completely for over a week...

• Haha 1

was able to get from Gortho after hours later, it was bugged stuck at 75% and no mob appearing.
And there was another player come back 2nd day where he have the same Gortho stuck in event mode a day before.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Fortunello.9853 said:

Okay maybe it is fixed already because i haven`t touch the game in two weeks since they blocked this hero point, but if it`s not the case, isn`t it weird how long Anet is taking to fix this one and others really big bugs lately?

This.

• Confused 1

I am busy with the "A New Friend" achievement and when I try to infuse with Skyscale of Spirit (Cauldron of Searing hero point in Iron Marches) I get the following message:

That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Puncho.2879 said:

buying hero points from vendors won't help. I hope they fix this soon 😢

It may or may not help.  The WvW vendor sells 212 Central Tyrian hero points.  Map completion requires 189.  If you've already bought all 212 hero points from WvW and you still need Searing Cauldron, then you're stuck waiting (because there's 1 more Central Tyrian hero point than what the vendor sells).

Edited by Chaba.5410

18 minutes ago, Slowwed.4935 said:

Does getting the hero point this way give the infusion for sky scale?

You mean getting the hero point via WvW vendor?  The answer is no.  That's only if you need it for map completion.

What's so sad is that at least in regards to skyscale completion, it would be soo simple to put a temporary fix in place. Either have the vendor in SoTo sell the broken item for a singular gold, or put a temporary vendor next to the cauldron that gives you the item. As a someone who has very limited code knowledge, I still know how to copy and past an NPC vendor, give them a new name and anchor them to a new destination. It really isnt hard, but someone on ANET's team is dragging their feet immensely. 

Edited by RelentlessDecay.8729
grammar
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RelentlessDecay.8729 said:

What's so sad is that at least in regards to skyscale completion, it would be soo simple to put a temporary fix in place. Either have the vendor in SoTo sell the broken item for a singular gold, or put a temporary vendor next to the cauldron that gives you the item. As a someone who has very limited code knowledge, I still know how to copy and past an NPC vendor, give them a new name and anchor them to a new destination. It really isnt hard, but someone on ANET's team is dragging their feet immensely. 

Wouldn't that just copy and paste whatever the exploit is that required them to disable the content?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Wouldn't that just copy and paste whatever the exploit is that required them to disable the content?

No because the bug is tied to the Hero Point not any vendors. What I meant and maybe stated poorly was for them to simply add a vendor next to the broken hero point that sold the items people need. They could copy any vendor in the game and simply move their destination anchor to be beside the Cauldron of Searing while they fix the underlying issue. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1