[SUGESTION] multiple ways to get GIFT OF BATTLE [Merged]

Deegi.8459

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

..yes? It would not be the first (or likely last) time either. They do like to channel players towards niche content and do it on constant basis. It rarely brings the results net expected, of course, but for some reason it doesn't stop them from trying.

Doubt. What other "niche content" has been prevalent in the majority of legendaries like the Gift of Battle is? You don't see them putting spvp requirements in most for good reason.

We've had multiple opportunities to not include the Gift of Battle in the newer generations, but it just hasn't happened.

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Nah. It's not like the case of legendary armor originally. It's small enough time investment that a lot of players will still be doing it, even though they do not like the content.

So, basically, it's a non-issue then.

And that's why it's been that way.

Not to mention WvW doesn't really have to be pvp content. Many people do it without actually haven't to fight another player, compared to something like spvp at least.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

None of those you bring up are pve exclusive rewards tho, since Anet implement the spvp/wvw reward tracks at the same time as the pve maps.

Its a thow away gesture just to give something to those otherwise neglected modes mate.

Dungeon armor was originally exclusive to PvE.  The only way to get it was to play dungeons.  The WvW reward track was added later.  It's always been my understanding that the reward tracks were added because WvW players wanted PvE rewards without having to go to PvE to get them.   Pact Crowbars can only be used in PvE.  They have no use at all in WvW.

• Confused 6

18 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

I already said I don't have a problem with farming it in WvW, so I don't know why you keep assuming I do

I don't care if it will or wont be

Good day 

Well, my dear friend it's because you continue to use language that implies that you're barred from going into WvW for whatever reason outside of your control.  Using words like 'gatekeeping' (or any variation of), for instance implies that the barring is wholly out of your control.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 4/24/2024 at 7:08 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Yes ofcourse and since they have not changed it the previous 12 years dont get the hope up that they will do.

If they do then wvw have died completely and this change is made so people can get it at all.

They have changed it several times actually. At one time you could buy a GOB with badges of honor, few enough that the badges from  AP reward chests were enough.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

They have changed it several times actually. At one time you could buy a GOB with badges of honor, few enough that the badges from  AP reward chests were enough.

They changed it once right forgot about that thanks for the reminder.

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They changed it once right forgot about that thanks for the reminder.

At least twice actually. There was also a time when you needed a certain WvW rank. I can't remember the details and the wiki talk page on the subject seems to be truncated.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, Deegi.8459 said:

So far, the only way to get gift of battle is the wvw dedicated reward track. With the changes on daily reward system a pve or pvp player cannot easily get it anymore.

I suggest to have a gift of battle reward track for each game mode: wvw (already exist), pvp and pve (can be implemented in addition to other reward track on Drizzlewood coast). 

Another option to allow pvp and pve players getting gift of battle without having to give up their favourite game mode is to allow wvw players to sell it. 

Sure but then can i opt out on doing heart quests as i hate doing so many of them?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:52 PM, Scolix.4879 said:

Sure but then can i opt out on doing heart quests as i hate doing so many of them?

There were suggestions to offer WvW players alternative ways to get gift of explorations, yes. I see no problem for both of those to get implemented at the same time (or as a part of even more complex system that would cover more modes - i.e. one that would let raiders buy some gifts for LI's)

• Confused 5

19 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Doesn't Testimony of Heroics do that for WvW players?

No

e: I understand you're confused. But you're also still wrong. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No

Testimony of Heroics item gives you Proof of Heroics currency.  You can use Proofs of Heroics to buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics.

I know it gives a random heart but basically the scroll lets you bypass 1 random heart.  If you do some heats first you can essentially pick which hearts you don't have to do. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Testimony of Heroics item gives you Proof of Heroics currency.  You can use Proofs of Heroics to buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics.

I know it gives a random heart but basically the scroll lets you bypass 1 random heart.  If you do some heats first you can essentially pick which hearts you don't have to do. 

Cool, now read what the item actually does, because it's not what you're claiming it is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:38 PM, Therac.6431 said:

If you want gift of battle go to battle, if you want gift of exploration, do map completions, is how the game works, stop trying a baby treatment always looking for what u want doing what u want

technically fighting openworld mobs and bosses esp world bosses is also considered a battle 😁

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1