[SUGESTION] multiple ways to get GIFT OF BATTLE [Merged]

Deegi.8459

On 9/15/2023 at 12:02 AM, genjonah.1253 said:

Just play WvW. Git gud 

Don't even need to git gud. lol.

I started WvW yesterday, I am now 2 ticks away from GoB as of this writing - just by flipping the 2 camps beside my starting location.. That and a few guards.

In between, I watched a movie while ticks keep counting every 15mins or so.

• Like 1

I am conflicted on this.  I did one gift of battle ( for Bifrost from leg box but decided not to make it in the end ) it took me a whole day ( not a most efficient approach or time usage I know ) and it was not that horrible. I even enjoyed some of the battles.  So on the one hand I was kinda forced into activity I don't like but on the other hand I wouldn't want Li to be moved from raids into VW or WvW.  So I guess it should stay as it is.

• Confused 1

On 9/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

I see.  Yes, one should have to actually engage with (read: play) the content to receive the rewards.  I believe Anet made this change on purpose, so to me this is now working as intended.

I used to do easy dailies on a regular basis in WvW, because of the potions, and about half the time stayed a bit more, depending on the activity on the map. I also discovered a few days before the change that the weekly achievements under the WvW tab also gave potions and thought I would give it a try the following week.

Then the change happened. Since then, I haven't step a foot in WvW.

I'm not really sure if one less player in WvW, even if it was only for a few hours a week, is "working as intended".

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Bandini.6185 said:

I used to do easy dailies on a regular basis in WvW, because of the potions, and about half the time stayed a bit more, depending on the activity on the map. I also discovered a few days before the change that the weekly achievements under the WvW tab also gave potions and thought I would give it a try the following week.

Then the change happened. Since then, I haven't step a foot in WvW.

I'm not really sure if one less player in WvW, even if it was only for a few hours a week, is "working as intended".

That's your experience and that's fine.  Neither you nor I have the relevant data to back up either position.  It could very well be that since this change there have been a lot more players in WvW.

The point of me saying "working as intended" is that I believe that ANet wants players to actually engage with the WvW format rather than just popping in and out for easy dailies.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

When the game came out, it was the intention to make legendary weapons three things: 1. extremely rare 2. very random to acquire and 3. involving all three pillars of game play at that time (Dungeons as end game PvE, WvW and PvP). Since then all three things have been worked on to give you a legendary weapon easier with each step.
The removal of WvW Potions with SotO has made the "I can get a GoB on demand " step of acquisition harder, but the way "super casual PvE players" get their reward track progression not: You can still sit at spawn and only get out every 5 or 10 minutes to cap a camp, kill a Veteran or get a sentry.
What also has not changed is that the vast majority of "only here for GoB" players decline "party up" offers to help them get participation, snipe dollies in camps with 4 min RI and port out on almost every occasion an enemy players gets into sight. That all seems to be acceptable, but has always been disrespectful towards you fellow gamer's in-game time.
Memories of Battle already go down in price, which is an indication to me, that people have shifted towards the open world armour from SotO, perhaps making them do time consuming and expensive T2 & T3 Rift events over and over and over again. Perhaps grind isn't worse than the chance to get killed by another players every 30 minutes. Their choice...

Lots of people here talk about the painful Gift of exploration when it's no longer needed since EoD legendaries doesn't require it. So you already have what you want: legendary weapons without having to spend 6h on girft of exploration. Nothing force you to suffer this. This argument against PvP and PvE GoB is nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That's your experience and that's fine.  Neither you nor I have the relevant data to back up either position.  It could very well be that since this change there have been a lot more players in WvW.

The point of me saying "working as intended" is that I believe that ANet wants players to actually engage with the WvW format rather than just popping in and out for easy dailies.

That used to be me too, did the easy dailies, used the potions, and occasionally hung around to join up with a group.  Now that the dailies are different, I stick to the PvE ones.  But I used my one Gift of Battle recently and want another one, so I spent a few hours in WvW this weekend running around doing what I could. I'll keep doing that until I get another GoB (or two).  I don't mind the change so much now.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Deegi.8459 said:

Lots of people here talk about the painful Gift of exploration when it's no longer needed since EoD legendaries doesn't require it. So you already have what you want: legendary weapons without having to spend 6h on girft of exploration. Nothing force you to suffer this. This argument against PvP and PvE GoB is nonsense.

The problem is the map completion, Generation 3 legendaries still require Cantha map completion.

9 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Since 1,300 AA is the cap, I don't think there would be a fitting price. Then again, they are now basically giving away precursors for free, so... 😅

You would only get only one anyway this way, put it at 1000 and it would be fine. 

Put a World exlpo token in it too and everyone is happy. 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 2:28 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

It's that said handful of PvE people simply do not want to interact with the main meat of WvW.

You mean, people don't want to be cannon fodder in WvW.  Because that's the way I feel whenever I go to WvW.  I have no idea what to do (nor am I inclined to even learn it or even pay attention to what I am doing), the only thing I can (and will) do is follow the leader, keeping the space occupied for a player who really wanted to play that part of the game.

And to those that say it takes more time to get a GoE, I can get 2 GoE's faster than I can get 1 GoB in WvW, with a lot less frustration at that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:17 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If GoB is made available outside of WvW then they'd have to add in a Gift of Exploration track to WvW, as well as add in the gifts for each of the PvE maps from each expansion.

I think I would essentially be okay with this, but what's crazy is that pve only players won't understand that it would take far less effort to get GoE in a WvW reward track than it does in pve. And then once they do realize it, bet that's how pve players would end up earning GoE. Which makes this arguement so stupid. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

You mean, people don't want to be cannon fodder in WvW.  Because that's the way I feel whenever I go to WvW.  I have no idea what to do (nor am I inclined to even learn it or even pay attention to what I am doing), the only thing I can (and will) do is follow the leader, keeping the space occupied for a player who really wanted to play that part of the game.

And to those that say it takes more time to get a GoE, I can get 2 GoE's faster than I can get 1 GoB in WvW, with a lot less frustration at that.

Don't forget to mention that a map complete gives 2 GoE. That said, you can do a complete map in less than 8 hours? I'm sure it can be done...probably... But is every player really expected to make comparable runs? The excuse that you're occupying the space of a player who really wants to play comes across like you've crossed all the other excuses off the list and it's the last desperate attempt. 

I mean, it's not that complicated - player who refuse to play WvW are deliberately making it complicated. 

Honestly, what you really want is for the GoB to be handed to you, because any other idea about having a pve way to get it would just make it more difficult for you to acquire than simply flipping camps in wvw for 5-8 hours.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

As of yesterday I'm over halfway thru the GoB reward track.  Just by running around for about an hour or so on weekends, sometimes alone, sometimes following an open tag.  I'll definitely have it before the items in the Wizard's Vault get refreshed.

Aaaannd  DONE!  Got it last night running around with an open tag. Immediately started working on another. A fun way to spend an hour or so every weekend.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'll never understand what the issue is. I'm a PvE player, I visit WvW when I need a GoB and it's fine. Yeah the potions from easy wvw dailies are gone now, but potions didn't give me the skirmish tickets I needed for Conflux.

Do you want to craft a legendary weapon yourself? If Yes, then you go to WvW for one component. A Legendary is a big project and you need lots of things, the gift of exploration (core or expansion) still takes time and I don't see the same complaints about that. PiP farming is boring but you can totally havoc your way through WvW with 2-3 people and collect pips that way.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, FortnitemareCourt.8354 said:

I'll never understand what the issue is.

Some people think their complete unwillingness to touch WvW should be rewarded.

That's basically all that's behind these requests.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...

I  am not a great fan of WvW due to the attitude of players when i first tried it, and when making legendary items, you have option of doing tracks either from WvW or PvP so why can't gift of battle track also be got in PvP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6