I'm lost - what do people want from GW2?

Hesione.9412

6 hours ago, itspomf.9523 said:

May I refer you to this video, by ArenaNet, which explains precisely why?

Aside from the fact that this video was made 2 years before launch and a manifesto is a statement of intent, not a promise of delivery (making the video about 13 years old now), Anet is still sufficiently different from every MMO I've ever played, to make some of that video still true.

I mean if you go to most people who play most themepark MMOs and tell them this game has had 4 expansions and none of them introduce a new tier of gear or raise the level cap, they'd look at you like you were nuts. People come here and leave if they don't like the fact that there's no vertical progression, and there is very little vertical progression. The truth is, after a product is launched, companies look at data they've accumulated and adjusted accordingly.

There was once a time when doctors would bleed you with leeches to heal you, so what? This is just a short video of intent mate. And the devs apparently learned something since the release of that video. 

Edited by Vayne.8563
wrong word
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

There was once a time when doctors would bleed you with leeches to heal you

And that time is now.
In plastic surgery, leeches may be recommended for use in order to improve the blood flow in skin tissue or skin flap that has blood circulation problems. Excess build-up of blood (congestion) and blood clots can be removed by leeches. This reduces the swelling of the tissues and the circulation in small blood vessels is improved. As a result, surgically transferred tissues (flaps) or re-attached fingers which are risk may be prevented from dying.

3 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

And that time is now.
In plastic surgery, leeches may be recommended for use in order to improve the blood flow in skin tissue or skin flap that has blood circulation problems. Excess build-up of blood (congestion) and blood clots can be removed by leeches. This reduces the swelling of the tissues and the circulation in small blood vessels is improved. As a result, surgically transferred tissues (flaps) or re-attached fingers which are risk may be prevented from dying.

Pretty cool, doesn't change what I've said, though. You can pick on the example, but the fact is, we learn more as we go on, and that includes medicine. In the past, leeches would have been recommended for quite a long range of cures that have nothing to do with reality. The fact that you can find a use for them now, doesn't change it. Still interesting though.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

No-one tell them about the Gen 2 requirements...

True , from now on things they should be low req , but timegated  .

We can use dailies every 5 days to  guide you to  events  to get some mats (not instances ).

People can "force" the dailiesto spawn more frequent , by doing unrewarding world bosses or what dailies-weeklies people avoid (imagine it like Kale vs Char election , and the tickets they get increases the chance to get the daily that offer the mats for the next legendary .

Those tickets are are transformed in Agony reistance at the end of the month  and you can gable them in the Mystic toilet +with a philosopher stone + 2x exotics or a "special armor" from the WvW-PvP tracks for some increased luck (cought* afk cought*))

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

People has been complaining about rifts and how grindy they are. It's only grindy if you want to get as many essence as you can before the Armor is released. But I personally like the new rifts weekly system. The map with rifts change every week so now you will go to maps that you haven't been to in months or years. And each rift takes 3-5 mins max. So you can be done with weeklies in a single map in literally half an hour and some people might stick around to join in on the map's meta and revitalise the map for a week. When it comes to legendaries people who are just starting out on their legendary journey they start out very impatient and burn out in a couple of weeks. That's the biggest mistake. You have the choice whether to make the journey grindy or more organic. You can space out your rift hunts and enjoy your normal gameplay that you enjoy and slowly acquire the items you need without getting out of your way to make them. You can play soto maps and just do a rift in the passing and you'll have all the essence you need in no time. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, heavymd.7289 said:

People has been complaining about rifts and how grindy they are. It's only grindy if you want to get as many essence as you can before the Armor is released. But I personally like the new rifts weekly system. The map with rifts change every week so now you will go to maps that you haven't been to in months or years. And each rift takes 3-5 mins max. So you can be done with weeklies in a single map in literally half an hour and some people might stick around to join in on the map's meta and revitalise the map for a week. When it comes to legendaries people who are just starting out on their legendary journey they start out very impatient and burn out in a couple of weeks. That's the biggest mistake. You have the choice whether to make the journey grindy or more organic. You can space out your rift hunts and enjoy your normal gameplay that you enjoy and slowly acquire the items you need without getting out of your way to make them. You can play soto maps and just do a rift in the passing and you'll have all the essence you need in no time. 

I want to save this because this. THIS.

Like, you don't need to grind everything all at once!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I want it all and I want it now! /e freddie

I want more races and professions and new stories that introduce them. I want characters who enter the game AFTER the End of Dragons with a whole new personal story to experience. I want to see where that portal in Brisban Wildlands goes. I want to see the Dominion of Winds. I want to go to that place where Rotscale used to hang out in the old game. I want polymock. Stuff that the naysayers here will all say nay to but would embrace 100% if we got it. Like, ah...

*cough* mounts *cough*

Also I would kinda like it if confused emojis :classic_blink: were available as minipets.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

I want it all and I want it now! /e freddie

I want more races and professions and new stories that introduce them. I want characters who enter the game AFTER the End of Dragons with a whole new personal story to experience. I want to see where that portal in Brisban Wildlands goes. I want to see the Dominion of Winds. I want to go to that place where Rotscale used to hang out in the old game. I want polymock. Stuff that the naysayers here will all say nay to but would embrace 100% if we got it. Like, ah...

*cough* mounts *cough*

Also I would kinda like it if confused emojis :classic_blink: were available as minipets.

Well if we did not get mounts and maps were same size with same distrobution of waypoints they would not have been needed.

They litteraly made a problem less waypoints bigger maps to make mounts need, dont speak of all the obsticles around the map to get heropoints, poi vistas etc that made use of said mounts to get to.

So yea mounts are a perfect example of create a problem sell the solution.

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well if we did not get mounts and maps were same size with same distrobution of waypoints they would not have been needed.

They litteraly made a problem less waypoints bigger maps to make mounts need, dont speak of all the obsticles around the map to get heropoints, poi vistas etc that made use of said mounts to get to.

Well, in that regard, all I ever really wanted was a pony. Well. Like a clydesdale, percheron, suffolk punch, or shire, ah, pony. You get the idea. Instead we got 🐰. But they're cool. Still want a pony, though.

• Confused 2

On 9/20/2023 at 2:44 AM, Hesione.9412 said:

Reading the forums, it's:

1. The Gift of Battle is too much effort.
  2. The new SotO legendary armour is too much effort.
  3. The warclaw is too much effort.

All MMOs are basically a grind game. In GW2 it's different because you decide what your end-game is, unlike other games where the end-game is high-end raids. This means that you're not on a progression treadmill because you're not going to miss out. The legendary armour is always going to be there. The mount you want is always going to be there. But there is always something to work towards that takes time, because that's an MMO.

I'm lost as to why people are playing an MMO if they don't appear to want to play an MMO.

If you want to win at fashion wars, e.g., you don't need to do any grind other than getting the pieces you want for your wardrobe, and your dyes. If you want to RP, there's guilds and fellow players that want to RP with you as well -  your grind is organising your scripts (and maybe your wardrobe). If you're Choco, it's working out how to entertain us the next time the chocos appear (and I'm looking forward to the choco efforts for Halloween).

I just don't get the people who don't want to play, but want stuff.

Glad you acknowledge that GW2 is a grind game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Pretty sure you're confusing the chicken and the egg here.  Players wanted mounts first, since GW2 launch.  The change in map size and structure was made to accommodate mounts, not the other way around.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Pretty sure you're confusing the chicken and the egg here.  Players wanted mounts first, since GW2 launch.  The change in map size and structure was made to accommodate mounts, not the other way around.  

Yes with smaller maps like we had before spotted like ticks with wps mounts was not needed.

So they made bigger maps and few waypoints to make mounts needed.

They could have made bigger maps with same waypoint desity as old maps and mounts could have been left out of the game entierly.

So yea they made problems to then introduce mounts to solve those problems.

• Like 2