balance is horrible, weapon training is to blame, but there might still be hope. anet needs to act

Ascency.3580

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

🤦‍♂️

Yes, a perma dodge build off of killing minions in the labyrinth for procing the stamina sigil. Meanwhile a boon herald can just afk follow the tag, do nothing,  and get more loot because giving boons now also counts as contribution for loot.

Honestly, you need to take a break and find something healthier to spend your time on. Maybe get a hobby or so and stop frequenting a message board for a game which you don't enjoy.

you must've have not seen this video which I had posted not too long ago. We all wear blindfolds.

Everything Is Working Fine!!

Positivety

All The Way

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

you must've have not seen this video which I had posted not too long ago. We all wear blindfolds.

Everything Is Working Fine!!

Positivety

All The Way

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likely not since 99% of the video you post are click bait troll videos and it doesn't help that most often you don't get the joke or even understand what is shown, just like right now. Superior Sigil of Stamina is not new, nor is its "usefulness" interaction with open world content and easy trash mobs.

Which leaves 2 options:

1. you are as clueless and actually think the build is useful thus falling for the click bait once again (again, since loot is the primary objective in the labyrinth, and many builds are better at getting loot. In this case even on the same core class. This build is mediocre at best)

or

2. you are trolling.

Has nothing to do with toxic positivity. You aren't adding any value to most discussions and just cluttering posts with useless nonsense.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Likely not since 99% of the video you post are click bait troll videos and it doesn't help that most often you don't get the joke or even understand what is shown, just like right now. Superior Sigil of Stamina is not new, nor is its "usefulness" interaction with open world content and easy trash mobs.

Which leaves 2 options:

1. you are as clueless and actually think the build is useful thus falling for the click bait once again (again, since loot is the primary objective in the labyrinth, and many builds are better at getting loot. In this case even on the same core class. This build is mediocre at best)

or

2. you are trolling.

Has nothing to do with toxic positivity. You aren't adding any value to most discussions and just cluttering posts with useless nonsense.

The poster video is not a click bait nor is taking it as a joke. The players concerns and their experiences are not a joke neither.

Toxic Positivey is not a joke, it is real.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/science-over-self-help/202212/why-toxic-positivity-isn-t-positivity-all

(I'm adding this because it is more defined, with much clearer explanation. Including more examples/research)

https://positivepsychology.com/toxic-positivity-in-psychology/

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 4

Just now, Burnfall.9573 said:

The poster video is not a click bait nor is taking it as a joke. 

Toxic Positivey is not a joke, it is real.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/science-over-self-help/202212/why-toxic-positivity-isn-t-positivity-all

it is and if you understood what was shown you'd get the joke. None of the necessary interactions needed to make that perma dodge possible are realistic in any content BUT the lab or very crowded open world content. The build is inferior to other builds for the actual goal of the target content. This has nothing to do with game balance as a whole.

• Like 3

Someone in Labyrinth yesterday told me that their DPS meter was showing that I was single-handedly doing 78% of the squad's DPS during boss encounters lmao

What am I running? Literally the same condition Reaper build I've been using since Heart of Thorns. Completely unaffected by weaponmaster or really any other supposed overpowered new ability. The only change to my build in recent time has been the addition of a relic. Just learn a class and play it really really well, sit back and watch while every meta gets nerfed beyond recognition 

Edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

🤦‍♂️

Yes, a perma dodge build off of killing minions in the labyrinth for procing the stamina sigil. Meanwhile a boon herald can just afk follow the tag, do nothing,  and get more loot because giving boons now also counts as contribution for loot and the herald does that without dodging constantly.

Honestly, you need to take a break and find something healthier to spend your time on. Maybe get a hobby or so and stop frequenting a message board for a game which you don't enjoy while falling for the most idiotic click bait youtube videos.

How do you follow a tag while afk? I'm pretty sure this game doesn't have a follow command.

2 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

How do you follow a tag while afk? I'm pretty sure this game doesn't have a follow command.

Point being: on herald the boons are generated automatically, continously, require no attention and will yield a better result than manually dodging around.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

18 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Someone in Labyrinth yesterday told me that their DPS meter was showing that I was single-handedly doing 78% of the squad's DPS during boss encounters lmao

What am I running? Literally the same condition Reaper build I've been using since Heart of Thorns. Completely unaffected by weaponmaster or really any other supposed overpowered new ability. The only change to my build in recent time has been the addition of a relic. Just learn a class and play it really really well, sit back and watch while every meta gets nerfed beyond recognition 

Lots of people will run low damage builds there on purpose just made for tagging mobs without burning them down so others can tag them too. I've been running lab with my support firebrand for years. 

Edited by Eekasqueak.7850
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Point being: on herald the boons are generated automatically, continously, require no attention and will yield a better result than manually dodging around.

Oh yeah, I get that. I'm just still looking for that follow command, 11 years later, I guess. And futilely still trying to fight all the rampant hyperbole on the forums maybe.... 😅

17 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Someone in Labyrinth yesterday told me that their DPS meter was showing that I was single-handedly doing 78% of the squad's DPS during boss encounters 

Its likely he was trying to tell you to lower your dmg. In labyrinth its customary to reduce your dmg to minimum by removing gear for example so as many players as possible get to tag mobs and get loot.

Which can make bosses painfully slow if players dont change gear and build for them.

21 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Its likely he was trying to tell you to lower your dmg. In labyrinth its customary to reduce your dmg to minimum by removing gear for example so as many players as possible get to tag mobs and get loot.

Which can make bosses painfully slow if players dont change gear and build for them.

Well yeah I'm aware of that but not necessary for bosses. Obviously I know that which is why my damage was so absurdly high. 78% of the damage of a squad of several dozen people is obviously absurd. But it's still ridiculously high after accounting for that fact.

Edited by Elricht Kaltwind.8796
  • Confused 1

On 10/26/2023 at 5:34 PM, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Thats not a compliment 99% of the time.  It means "switch your stats to givers/minstrels already"

I don't understand why they're gonna make scorpion wire 1000 range now instead of what it is a 1200 units. It was only really good with rifle which complimented it really well, now it's gonna be even more shite considering it has a slow as molasses velocity to begin with. Way to kill off underused skills even more. How are we gonna pull people off wvw walls? We can't even hit them with shortbow or rifle unless they're on the edges...yet ranger nocs can hit us while WE get obstructed...christ on a motor bike 🏍. 

It's becoming horrible for some skill previews 

It's like walmart workers asking for raises and instead corporate gives them more shiny new vests and relaxes the dress code...doesn't do anything

On 10/1/2023 at 3:35 PM, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

For PVE, it's fun when you time a CC or counter to avoid a big mob burst, or pull/trap them all together into an AOE. It's less dynamic for enemies with defiance bars, but I guess that's understandable since groups would just overrun bosses otherwise.

In WVW, it's engaging when trying to outmaneuver your opponents. Trying to find the right time to disrupt enemy flow with your CC and evade enemy CC with whatever counters are available to your class takes it to another level of focus for the match. It adds some dynamic to the game other than just who can out DPS the other side. Mobility, position, and timing become important factors rather than just who has more DPS to defensive stat ratios. I don't play sPVP so, I cannot comment there.

In your reflexion I'd like to add that everytime the gap between casuals and hardcore players is becoming HUGE.

The amount of experience, training, and mental gymnastics to guess when your enemy is gonna throw you a CC  or the right moment you can throw it to him... doing the right counter to a X class....  is only for very advanced players. 

5 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

In your reflexion I'd like to add that everytime the gap between casuals and hardcore players is becoming HUGE.

The amount of experience, training, and mental gymnastics to guess when your enemy is gonna throw you a CC  or the right moment you can throw it to him... doing the right counter to a X class....  is only for very advanced players. 

Well sure. That goes for any competition. The skilled players are always going to outclass average players, and most casuals aren't even going to grasp the nuances of the encounter. That doesn't mean a double behind the back crossover shouldn't exist or that you shouldn't go out on the street court and try it with Professor Live. You might even learn something. He is The Professor after all. 😉

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 4:35 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

Knowing when something happens in an encounter and what to do when it happens isn't a new thing in this game. That's existed since day one, everywhere in the game ...  so that 'gap'  between casuals and hardcores is still the same as it ever was.

If anything, there is MORE access to toolsets for the casual player to mitigate the effects of NOT doing the things that need to be done when certain events happen in an encounter  ... so I would argue the gap is actually shrinking

The only thing that has really changed is that Anet has introduced a whole new level of challenge for the hardcores with CM content that few casuals could even touch. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Knowing when something happens in an encounter and what to do when it happens isn't a new thing in this game. That's existed since day one, everywhere in the game ...  so that 'gap'  between casuals and hardcores is still the same as it ever was.

If anything, there is MORE access to toolsets for the casual player to mitigate the effects of NOT doing the things that need to be done when certain events happen in an encounter  ... so I would argue the gap is actually shrinking

The only thing that has really changed is that Anet has introduced a whole new level of challenge for the hardcores with CM content that few casuals could even touch. 

In day one pvp was a clown fiesta and people used condi amulets with power builds.

The Hot and Pof introduced complex class-build combinations like reve shiro, chrono shatter,  Lightning weaver... compare the skill of people who play this builds to a casual who plays mechanist.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

In day one pvp was a clown fiesta and people used condi amulets with power builds.

The Hot and Pof introduced complex class-build combinations like reve shiro, chrono shatter,  Lightning weaver... compare the skill of people who play this builds to a casual who plays mechanist.

That might be true, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Day 1 was a clown fiesta? OK ... what does that have to do with what we are talking about? More complex class build combos? So it's your opinion that complex class combos aren't something a casual person can understand while hardcore players master them to increase the gap? That's pretty weird because core class has those combos too, it's just fewer of them. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

• 3 months later...

Anet need to act Immediately and Urgently before Competitive Player Experience Focus Game Companies takes away Guild Wars 2 Playerbase especially WvW.  Throne and Liberty will be releasing their own version of WvW with Siege Golems, Chrono Odyssey, Ashes Of Creation and Pax Dei will be releasing their own version of WvW.

"If you think you’ll have plenty of time to get it right because you’re a beloved brand, think again. Imagine losing one-quarter of your customers in a single day. For good. Because that’s exactly what could happen after just one bad customer experience. In the U.S., even when people love a company or product, 59% will walk away after several bad experiences, 17% after just one bad experience.

32% of all customers would stop doing business with a brand they loved after one bad experience."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 9

15 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Anet need to act Immediately and Urgently before Competitive Player Experience Focus Game Companies takes away Guild Wars 2 Playerbase especially WvW.  Throne and Liberty will be releasing their own version of WvW with Siege Golems, Chrono Odyssey, Ashes Of Creation and Pax Dei will be releasing their own version of WvW.

"If you think you’ll have plenty of time to get it right because you’re a beloved brand, think again. Imagine losing one-quarter of your customers in a single day. For good. Because that’s exactly what could happen after just one bad customer experience. In the U.S., even when people love a company or product, 59% will walk away after several bad experiences, 17% after just one bad experience.

32% of all customers would stop doing business with a brand they loved after one bad experience."

How long are games supposed to go on? 10 years? 15 years? A generation?

And I don't want to hear about WoW. Realistically, no one will stay with a single game their entire life and that's becoming more apparent as the market saturates. Forever-games are the problem, not the next new game coming out. Brand loyalty is a boomer mindset when people could be easily tricked into believing a corporation cares about you individually. 

• Thanks 4

17 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Dude, you have so miss the boat on this game. The bad experience seems to be self inflicted. Take a breath and find a new cause.

Or continue with the troll posting..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2